Block Stun / Delay is Cancer

Users who are viewing this thread

I hate to bring this up again...

Some weapons are literally unblockable, opponent can just keep spamming and there is nothing defender can do to parry, while holding down the correct block direction due to perpetual block stunned state.

Last edited:
well i would rather they completly remove blend time, so we can block nicely. Usually you dont really need to react to blocks, so theres no need to have super smooth animations for them. (obv would need to be tested, to which extent this is possible etc.)

@Welcome_To_Hell I have encountered this with some of the maces I think. It definitely is part of the game's problems. Having smooth animations that look nice are cool, but if they don't contribute and stand in the way of actual gameplay, I would rather see them go. Swings are way less readable and sometimes allign very poorly to where the player thinks he will hit, hitting in very wide arcs. Blocks take some time and take even longer based on stance and weapon position. Overall all these changes were made to make the game more tactical and weighty, but it makes the game less predictable and sometimes even frustrating as a result.

@Welcome_To_Hell I have encountered this with some of the maces I think. It definitely is part of the game's problems. Having smooth animations that look nice are cool, but if they don't contribute and stand in the way of actual gameplay, I would rather see them go. Swings are way less readable and sometimes allign very poorly to where the player thinks he will hit, hitting in very wide arcs. Blocks take some time and take even longer based on stance and weapon position. Overall all these changes were made to make the game more tactical and weighty, but it makes the game less predictable and sometimes even frustrating as a result.
i dont mind the wide arcs on the animation, but it start to do damage and hits very early in the swing which makes it very hard to actually aim without hitting teammates

Khuzait Maces are definately some of the culprits.

I have not dug in too deep into how anymation system / blocking works, but the solution would be to activate "blocked" state eariler in the animation maybe at 60%-70% (considering 100% what it is currently). Or speed up the blocking blend / transition animations to be significantly faster. And / or shorten the "Stunned" time (time the character takes to actually start doing the animation)

OR

Change the Weapon Collision Reaction so the swings don't clip through the characters but either bounce off or stick, that might fix the issue by not allowing the attackers to spam quite as fast on follow up attacks.

Last edited:
+1
+1
+1
blocking is perfect in warband,
it's fun, it's good, it's skilled based
what's the problem, why change in bannerlord
Taleworlds thinks that injecting a dozen or more individually imperceptible variables into the equation of every combat action is somehow going to deepen the gameplay, resulting in a higher skill ceiling.
In practice however, this just means less control over your actions, because no one playing Bannerlord has the outrageous brainpower necessary to process all this minute and convoluted information during combat.

doesn't matter DUDE, YOU just don't understand the COMPLEX formula and the CALCULATIONS which have led to this system! data CLEARLY shows that SP players LOVE not being able to block because the delay stops them from reacting in time. this system MASSIVELY benefits low level players by making it EVEN HARDER for them to block, whilst simultaneously creating DYNAMIC and INTENSE gameplay for good players by lowering the skill cap. this truly is big brain time :cool:

doesn't matter DUDE, YOU just don't understand the COMPLEX formula and the CALCULATIONS which have led to this system! data CLEARLY shows that SP players LOVE not being able to block because the delay stops them from reacting in time. this system MASSIVELY benefits low level players by making it EVEN HARDER for them to block, whilst simultaneously creating DYNAMIC and INTENSE gameplay for good players by lowering the skill cap. this truly is big brain time :cool:
and it's a bad formula
the core players are not happy with the combat
the new players are not happy because of lack of dragons?

Phenoria: Its over, Bannerlord! We have your castle surrounded!
*Dragons roaring in the distance*
Phenoria: Oh...my...god...the legends were true! RUN!

Ive spent more time writing Bannerlord fan fic than actually playing the game this week.

Back
Top Bottom