MP Unit cap for Skirmish and Captain mode

Users who are viewing this thread

These game modes really need to have a cap on the amount of the same unit that can be used at the same time. Now about a third of my games end up just being a spam of the same unit, which is not at all fun or fair. So for captain why not have a max of one of each cavalry unit, and a max of two of the same archer/infantry units. And for skirmish you can then have a max of 1 cavalry and 2 archers. Having a unit cap along these lines would help with the balance, because with this cap in place a whole team cant all be the same overpowered unit that their faction has. This cap would also force teams to have a well rounded roster of units thus greatly expanding the strategy part of the game, which I believe these game modes are heavily lacking.

Unit caps/class limits limit potential tactics which is horrible for a competitive game mode. Instead they should balance their game so the optimal tactic isnt spamming the same unit. Introducing class limits is a lazy solution and I really hope they dont do that. I do agree something has to be done.

What units are being spammed in captains mode?

Unit caps/class limits limit potential tactics which is horrible for a competitive game mode. Instead they should balance their game so the optimal tactic isnt spamming the same unit. Introducing class limits is a lazy solution and I really hope they dont do that. I do agree something has to be done.

What units are being spammed in captains mode?

Please note that I voted NO and agree with you on this.

But playing devil's advocate: the main MOBAs and Overwatch implemented game design changes that locked players into certain roles based on how the community determined the optimal way to play. There are times when it makes sense to implement this. The problem I foresee with M&B is that say that 6 cav was very strong, so cav got nerfed. But as a result, cav was totally unviable when played by just 1-2 players because you needed all 6 to get the synergy and compounding effect.

However, that's not the case currently so there's no reason for role limits and nerfs/buffs should simply be implemented based on performance.

That's more to do with the cav being too powerful right now. Once the game becomes balanced class limits won't be neccessary.
I agree that once the units are balanced everything will be fine, but we have no idea when that will be and its gets annoying when I lose a third of my games to a group of 6 all going the same unit.

I agree that once the units are balanced everything will be fine, but we have no idea when that will be and its gets annoying when I lose a third of my games to a group of 6 all going the same unit.
But limiting the number of an specific class will never give you the info to properly balance the classes because it is not the real scenario. For example balancing infantry by excluding all range and cavalry options would net in Shock classes becoming OP, and getting nerfed for that, while we know they would clearly underperform without the nerfs in a real environment

But limiting the number of an specific class will never give you the info to properly balance the classes because it is not the real scenario. For example balancing infantry by excluding all range and cavalry options would net in Shock classes becoming OP, and getting nerfed for that, while we know they would clearly underperform without the nerfs in a real environment
Fair point, but that is going to take a while and until then a lot of people's matches are going to be ruined by unit spam so it would be nice to have a solution to it until units are more balanced.

Back
Top Bottom