Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

A variation of team deathmatch would be nice, something thats similar to the warband team deathmatch, with short rounds, no respawn, friendly fire activated, call it "classic tdm" if you will. A gamemode like this would fill this huge gap, since it rewards an advanced playstyle, yet doesn't require that much teamwork.

The only issue is that, once there is friendly fire, griefers will be there aswell, so a kick poll system might have to be considered

Siege could use a "friendly fire" mode aswell, there's just more tension when you cant blindy swing/shoot at enemies without the risk of hitting your teammates

To be honest, I really don't disagree that the player base can and will grow. Warband's playerbase has grown/shrunk over periods time too despite it being out for a much longer period. Multiplayer games have this happen all the time, a recent example: planetside 2. If Taleworlds keep working on the game which they will, the MP player count will go up and much further down. Especially when the one life mode is released, that is what most people are watching for in my experience.

The only issue is that, once there is friendly fire, griefers will be there aswell, so a kick poll system might have to be considered

Siege could use a "friendly fire" mode aswell, there's just more tension when you cant blindy swing/shoot at enemies without the risk of hitting your teammates
I think the only reason they haven't enabled friendly fire in siege yet is because it would require more active monitoring of their servers in regards to trolls which they may not have the resources to do at the moment. I agree that having friendly fire on would be much better.

To be honest, I really don't disagree that the player base can and will grow. Warband's playerbase has grown/shrunk over periods time too despite it being out for a much longer period. Multiplayer games have this happen all the time, a recent example: planetside 2. If Taleworlds keep working on the game which they will, the MP player count will go up and much further down. Especially when the one life mode is released, that is what most people are watching for in my experience.
i think for multiplayer the beta branch is especially damaging aswell, since people wont just swap versions when they commit for sp

@AVRC Can we get the BETA multiplayer changes on the current patch? Its very clear that nearly nobody (or not enough players) are testing beta branch multiplayer therefore feedback is not good or aplenty. We have the patch notes and changes for 1.4.1 just getting wasted until it becomes the standard patch. IMO, multiplayer should always be the latest changes regardless of branches.

i think for multiplayer the beta branch is especially damaging aswell, since people wont just swap versions when they commit for sp
Yes that's my thoughts on the beta branch too for multiplayer. I haven't tried the beta branch for multi yet this patch as I don't think they'd be OCE servers for it. Is there a beta server for EU? I saw NIN3 made some comments about map changes for current beta patch which I am keen to try.

I think the only reason they haven't enabled friendly fire in siege yet is because it would require more active monitoring of their servers in regards to trolls which they may not have the resources to do at the moment. I agree that having friendly fire on would be much better.
Not for a game that just came out. The playerbase in multiplayer fell down a massive cliff.

Xenophobic remark
MP is dying fast because the devs mostly ignore the community feedback and focus on changes like tweaking stats and costs of already created content. This is a joke. How hard is it to change a few stats around?
"Hey guys we are really excited to show you the changes we've been working on, we changed the cost of some classes and the armor of some classes, IT WAS REALLY HARD WORK! Oh, no updates on implementing any content that was in Warband,even in the closed beta Warband."
Hire outside of Turkey and your game might suck less, doubt it though with the mismanagement TW has displayed throughout the community testing of Bannerlord.

MP is dying fast because the devs mostly ignore the community feedback and focus on changes like tweaking stats and costs of already created content. This is a joke. How hard is it to change a few stats around?
"Hey guys we are really excited to show you the changes we've been working on, we changed the cost of some classes and the armor of some classes, IT WAS REALLY HARD WORK! Oh, no updates on implementing any content that was in Warband,even in the closed beta Warband."
Hire outside of Turkey and your game might suck less, doubt it though with the mismanagement TW has displayed throughout the community testing of Bannerlord.

They don't ignore the community feedback, they only don't implement things, which they dont want to have in the game and I trust their judgement. Some things might take a while and others, like changing the cost of some armor parts can get implemented directly, that doesent mean they just do nothing. They want the best Bannerlord possible, as we all do, you can be sure about that.

They don't ignore the community feedback, they only don't implement things, which they dont want to have in the game and I trust their judgement. Some things might take a while and others, like changing the cost of some armor parts can get implemented directly, that doesent mean they just do nothing. They want the best Bannerlord possible, as we all do, you can be sure about that.
Yeah they listened during early beta and during alpha when people said the class system as only system isn't going to work for much gamemodes.

I love the new upcoming class system it looks great

Because Turks can't make good game developers? That's ridiculous. They also do hire outside of Turkey for a fact, but that doesn't fit your narrative, does it? Don't make more comments like this.

Because Turks can't make good game developers? That's ridiculous. They also do hire outside of Turkey for a fact, but that doesn't fit your narrative, does it? Don't make more comments like this.
You got that exactly wrong, clutching your pearls doesn't change my meaning/intent.
I said that because limiting to a small pool of talent (one single country) handicaps your game. I was told directly during the closed beta from Marda that you are only hiring from Turkey, that was his excuse as to why there were so many problems and slow development with the game. I literally repeat what he told me and its "xenophobic". Alright there bud, you are definitely the "victim" here. You should remove the warning points you gave me, or remove my post. Its hilarious to me that I have to start talking crap about your game to get any kind of reply from mods or devs. Ridiculous.

"you are only hiring from Turkey," like I'm an employee. :lol:

I talk to one of their German employees (Duh) on an almost daily basis. He was hired less than 2 years ago. You're just factually wrong.

Back
Top Bottom