? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Is anyone else running into certain bushes on horseback and being completely stopped? I feel like there's a collision problem with those. Just showed up in the 1.4 beta.
I don't have a screenshot, but they're medium sized bushes that are about as high as a horse's head.

Just found another bug in my current game where everytime i hire a companion or even press the clan tab, the game just shuts down in Beta 1.4. This is after the recent hotfix. Makes zero sense. I put 20 hours into this save and would have liked to continue it,
Is anyone else running into certain bushes on horseback and being completely stopped? I feel like there's a collision problem with those. Just showed up in the 1.4 beta.
I don't have a screenshot, but they're medium sized bushes that are about as high as a horse's head.
If you create independant threads on your issues, have confirmation from fellow forum users that they also experience this problem and then link the threads here, I'll add your issues to the table.

yea I've seen this problem as well, seems they have added collision boxes to certain bushes that previously did not exist

Just found another bug in my current game where everytime i hire a companion or even press the clan tab, the game just shuts down in Beta 1.4. This is after the recent hotfix. Makes zero sense. I put 20 hours into this save and would have liked to continue it,
just keep the save because it will likely be fixed in the future and than come back to it. Im still running my verh first playthrough from launch day. if something breaks i give them time to fix it and then continue on (I start a new character in the meantime).

Just tried out 1.4.1.

Game crashed on me while looking at the Aserai troop trees in the encyclopedia. Also, tons of units that are "Bow" archers have higher crossbow skills than bow skills. Example I found was the Battanian Armed Trader merc. He's got 60 crossbow skill and 0 bow skill.

Your most highlighted issue (red and two exclamation points for being left alone) "AI blocking is still broken" seems debatable at this point, since while worse troops are worse that's also the intention of the changes that lead to low skill units blocking less.

Your most highlighted issue (red and two exclamation points for being left alone) "AI blocking is still broken" seems debatable at this point, since while worse troops are worse that's also the intention of the changes that lead to low skill units blocking less.
Its broken in the sense that units with 100 WS are as bad as those with less than 50 which is a bit strange

I started a new campaign.

No one makes peace now, on their own. Vlandia (faction I joined) is at war with 5 factions.

My clan started at level 1, instead of 0 in my new playthrough.

There is a bug that allows me to propose peace elections even though I am a mercenary. This happens when I click the Kingdoms tab, go to diplomacy and propose button appears clickable. If click something else in the tab before proposing, "propose" button grays out, as it should be.

If I propose peace election by this method I start to pay all mercenary contracts within the kingdom.

Game does not report dealt/taken damage during missions.

Armed trader skills are still wrong and do not fit to their equipment.

Some of the unit changes are troubling. I don't know why Palantines needed to have higher bow skill, they were already formidable thanks to armour. Now Master Archers lose the unique privilege of being the only 160 bow common troop in the game.

I have no idea why Darkhans were boosted either. Would rather see boosts to Battania.

I'm sure there are more weird things. On the other hand, I love all the shields.

Low key that new "Buy mercs" on the visit tavern screen is annoying. A lot of times i go to just sell off some prisoners, and oops, there goes like 800 gold that i can't undo. And also if you have a full party you can still accidentally hire them. forcing you to make room for them by disbanding other troops or just accepting a lose of coin you didn't intent to spend.

The exclamation marks indicate when the number of time this issue moved from one patch to another without being tweaked, it doesn't mean that it's the most urgent.
Also, if you played before Beta 1.1.0, you will notice that the AI often can't block now compared to before. They tweaked it, it's better, but since this thread is about a comparison between before Beta 1.1.0 and after, I can't remove this issue until the blocking is as good as before Beta 1.1.0.
I started a new campaign.

No one makes peace now, on their own. Vlandia (faction I joined) is at war with 5 factions.

My clan started at level 1, instead of 0 in my new playthrough.

There is a bug that allows me to propose peace elections even though I am a mercenary. This happens when I click the Kingdoms tab, go to diplomacy and propose button appears clickable. If click something else in the tab before proposing, "propose" button grays out, as it should be.

If I propose peace election by this method I start to pay all mercenary contracts within the kingdom.

Game does not report dealt/taken damage during missions.

Armed trader skills are still wrong and do not fit to their equipment.
Interesting, can you link threads regarding these issues?

Low key that new "Buy mercs" on the visit tavern screen is annoying. A lot of times i go to just sell off some prisoners, and oops, there goes like 800 gold that i can't undo. And also if you have a full party you can still accidentally hire them. forcing you to make room for them by disbanding other troops or just accepting a lose of coin you didn't intent to spend.
Yeah, since the beggining I wished to be able to hire mercs without going to tavern personally and often goint on upper level for "alt" does not show them now I see that option I had rather somewhere else, above tavern or inside tavern beside "enter" tab.

Some of the unit changes are troubling. I don't know why Palantines needed to have higher bow skill, they were already formidable thanks to armour. Now Master Archers lose the unique privilege of being the only 160 bow common troop in the game.

I have no idea why Darkhans were boosted either. Would rather see boosts to Battania.

I'm sure there are more weird things. On the other hand, I love all the shields.
Palatine Guards got weaker armor (at least seems so visually) so it is balance otherwise it would be pure nerf, same with Darkhans I guess for they got "archer" open helmet instead of "closed one" for melee what makes sense them being heavy skirmishers IMO.

I dunno whether somebody already suggested that but I would really like to have those units mercs have for each faction from where these mercs originated. Like playing Batanian at least another option to get some archers besides nobles, also Sturgia could have those Lake rats units normally, Aserai those camel riders etc. If Devs are about to make those "minor factions" somehow implemented to roster of faction if relation or some quest is fullfilled then ofc np with that but seeing as time goes until then every city could have their faction mercs avaliable still besides "caravan guards".

Last edited:
Palatine Guards got weaker armor (at least seems so visually) so it is balance otherwise it would be pure nerf, same with Darkhans I guess for they got "archer" open helmet instead of "closed one" for melee what makes sense them being heavy skirmishers IMO.

I dunno whether somebody already suggested that but I would really like to have those units mercs have for each faction from where these mercs originated. Like playing Batanian at least another option to get some archers besides nobles, also Sturgia could have those Lake rats units normally, Aserai those camel riders etc. If Devs are about to make those "minor factions" somehow implemented to roster of faction if relation or some quest is fullfilled then ofc np with that but seeing as time goes until then every city could have their faction mercs avaliable still besides "caravan guards".
They do have weaker armour, but they're still the most heavily armoured archer in the game. I honestly would have preferred them as they were before. Average in skills, with only armour being their stand out quality. Now they've got armour, top skill and accessibility. Khuzait Marksmen and Sturgian Veteran Archers only have an extra quiver over them. Same with the Aserai, except the Aserai are still harder to obtain. And I can't imagine Imperial Sergeant crossbows feel any better either.

As for Darkhans and their helmets, the new helmet is actually a bit better in terms of defence, along with the lamellar armour they have now. They don't look as unique anymore because of that, the brass lamellar is used too much. And again, the fact that they're already so good (and their helmets were generally beloved) makes their buff very puzzling.

And yeah, hopefully minor faction units can be more recruitable. But still, wouldn't hurt to have a common archer fitted into the game like so:
1439-1589293268-1350811530.jpeg

They don't have to be the best archers, but it would really help the whole 'archer' theme that Battania is supposed to have. And it would also remove units no one really likes too.

Also, looking at the new Highland shields, I'm pretty happy. But those 'large' Highland shields don't look big enough. Could use a size boost.

I have tried to enjoy 1.4.1 but the game is simply not enjoyable anymore... Snowballing is out of control, Khuzaits has taken 3 towns and some castles in 104 days and everyone is at war. Plus the AI rarely care about defending settlements and just want to attack, attack and attack.

Do not make me wrong, the last patch has introduced really good stuff but snowballing is simply out of control and It makes the game not enjoyable at all for me. Please make the AI more likely to defend its settlements, do something about Khuzaits and make the AI less aggressive.

Last edited:
I have tried to enjoy 1.4.1 but the game is simply not enjoyable anymore... Snowballing is out of control, Khuzaits has taken 3 towns and some castles in 104 days and everyone is at war. Plus the AI rarely care about defending settlements and just want to attack, attack and attack.

Do not make me wrong, the last patch has introduced really good stuff but snowballing is simply out of control and It makes the game not enjoyable at all for me. Please make the AI more likely to defend its settlements, do something about Khuzaits and make the AI less aggressive.

Same for me. Cant vote for peace, the smart ai refuse and use their little influence they have left to make sure they gets annihilated. I dont think its working like intended. Although in my game khuzaits is getting destroyed, they are at war with five nations.... rest only 2-4. I've been screening the forums since the release of the patch for some info on this matter but cant find anything. 1.3 I reported about the villagers and they hotfixed it the day after. Maybe its complicated fixes or its working as intended i have no clue.

Ok I am in game year 4 now and joined the S Empire .. first time for me .. and they have been at war now against 3 over factions. at the same time all the rest of the Factions are also been at War all this time theres no peace at all... One thing i will say after all this fighting the map has not changed that much for me apart from W Empire they are down to 2 towns and 1 castle. so there are things that need to change.
Also i have seen taking castles and towns now is not as good in this 1.41 then it was in 1.4 ... i am seeing men when attacking just standing out side together even when i ask them to attack they just stay there. so the Archers in the castle have a fun day... So what ever you changed from 1.4 needs to be changed back.... there is no fun taking towns or Castles.

Back
Top Bottom