What Mods would you like to be made?

Users who are viewing this thread

seriously why has no one started an Anno Domini 1257 mod yet?

I'd like that.

Some people have suggested to do an Anno Domini 1080 mod instead of 1257, but I'd rather not go to the 11th Century, we have a ton more sources for the 13th than the 11th Century, and the aesthetics of the era are flashier and closer to what many people consider "high medieval".

If I made an accurate 1080 mod, the forum would be flooded with comments like "boring" or "everything looks the same" or "hauberk hauberk and more hauberk", and they'd be right. You play the Charlemagne expansion for Attila and... well, everyone looks the same.

If it were up to me, I think I'd enjoy a 1450 mod. It's a time stamp filled with promise. Alfonso V of Aragon has just taken over Naples but has recently fallen out with the queen who had invited him and adopted him as her son. Philip the Good of Burgundy was making peace with Charles of France but also stirring the nobles in France to rebel against centralisation of power. Emperor John had reversed the Schism in order to find support for a crusade to save his city, but to little avail. His brother Constantine was in a tight position. John II of Castile was old and senile, and both his sons Enrique (the future Impotent) and Alfonso (the future Innocent) were at odds, with Isabel (the future Isabella, that Isabella) caught in the middle and eventually coming out on top. In England, Henry VI, the feeble son of Herny V, whose state, so many had the managing, that they lost France, and made his England bleed. Also, Jack Cade's rebellion marched on London and there was a bloody battle on the Bridge. Good stuff.

There's plenty to do and experience in 1450. From accompaning Francesco Sforza to take Milan, to scheming with Cosimo de Medici, to fighting for or against Charles of Viana, to securing the rule of Casimir Jagiello of Poland...

+++

And I think it wouldn't come as a surprise if I were to say that the year 1200 was extremely interesting in terms of radical changes in religion, politics and society. The Albigensian Crusade, the battle of Las Navas, the Fourth Crusade, the regency for the boy Fred the Sec, John Lackland bitterly opposed to Philip Augustus of France, the Battle of Bouvines, the assassination of Philip of Swabia, the recent Third Crusade and its aftermath, the death of Richard the Lionheart... :shifty:

I'd like that.

Some people have suggested to do an Anno Domini 1080 mod instead of 1257, but I'd rather not go to the 11th Century, we have a ton more sources for the 13th than the 11th Century, and the aesthetics of the era are flashier and closer to what many people consider "high medieval".

If I made an accurate 1080 mod, the forum would be flooded with comments like "boring" or "everything looks the same" or "hauberk hauberk and more hauberk", and they'd be right. You play the Charlemagne expansion for Attila and... well, everyone looks the same.

If it were up to me, I think I'd enjoy a 1450 mod. It's a time stamp filled with promise. Alfonso V of Aragon has just taken over Naples but has recently fallen out with the queen who had invited him and adopted him as her son. Philip the Good of Burgundy was making peace with Charles of France but also stirring the nobles in France to rebel against centralisation of power. Emperor John had reversed the Schism in order to find support for a crusade to save his city, but to little avail. His brother Constantine was in a tight position. John II of Castile was old and senile, and both his sons Enrique (the future Impotent) and Alfonso (the future Innocent) were at odds, with Isabel (the future Isabella, that Isabella) caught in the middle and eventually coming out on top. In England, Henry VI, the feeble son of Herny V, whose state, so many had the managing, that they lost France, and made his England bleed. Also, Jack Cade's rebellion marched on London and there was a bloody battle on the Bridge. Good stuff.

There's plenty to do and experience in 1450. From accompaning Francesco Sforza to take Milan, to scheming with Cosimo de Medici, to fighting for or against Charles of Viana, to securing the rule of Casimir Jagiello of Poland...

+++

And I think it wouldn't come as a surprise if I were to say that the year 1200 was extremely interesting in terms of radical changes in religion, politics and society. The Albigensian Crusade, the battle of Las Navas, the Fourth Crusade, the regency for the boy Fred the Sec, John Lackland bitterly opposed to Philip Augustus of France, the Battle of Bouvines, the assassination of Philip of Swabia, the recent Third Crusade and its aftermath, the death of Richard the Lionheart... :shifty:

Yeah that would be cool. Honestly It would be best to have a 15th century mod, a 14th century mod, and a 13th century mod :grin:.

Viking conquest

recruiter that walks around them map for you you gotta pay the recruiter for the job there is a mod out there that does this but its not being worked on anymore :sad:

I'd love to see something along the lines of the Interesting NPCs mod for Skyrim, which adds a bunch of unique characters to the world with a variety of small and large questlines to flesh out the world. I think it would fit the game really well.

I'd love to see something along the lines of the Interesting NPCs mod for Skyrim, which adds a bunch of unique characters to the world with a variety of small and large questlines to flesh out the world. I think it would fit the game really well.

Skyrim was sorely lacking in that department. It's curious that the strongest suit of the old M&B companions, the fact that you could never have all of them becaus half of them disliked the other half, is, for now, forgotten. Just like Skyrim forgot that Fallout 3 had interesting and charismatic companions with backstories and quests attached to them.

A naming overhaul that adds titles(Lord, Lady, King, Queen, Jarl, Sir, Domina, Praetor) and house names(last names and/or clan names) for all notable NPCs and Companions in game.

First and foremost the concept behind this mod is to give the player an instant idea of exactly who they're dealing with when interacting with or inspecting an NPC on the campaign map instead having to open our Encyclopedia every time we interact with an NPC. The immersive aspects are a bonus. Also this would be thematic overhaul giving each faction more historic names.

Many of the last names and family names are already in the character's bio but aren't shown in the character's name upon inspection or interaction from the campaign map. This type mod would put the last names and/or clan names listed in the bio, in the NPCs full name at a glance when the player in interacting or inspecting from the campaign map.

Vlandia = Frankish kingdom utilizing a Frankish noble theme using names from the Medieval period.
Empire = Western Roman Empire and Eastern/Byzantine themed titles and names.
Sturgia = a mix of Kievan Rus and Varangian/Scandinavian first and last names and titles
Battania = Welsh, Gaelic and Anglo Saxon names and titles.
Khuzait = TBD
Aserai = TBD

Instead of bumping into seemingly nobody "Derthert", you meet "King Derthert dey Morey". King Derthert of the dey Morey clan. His wife and kids are:

Queen Margerie dey Morey
Prince Lionel dey Morey
Princess Margarette dey Morey

Derthert's Baron's become

Baron Tristan dey Leclaire
Baroness Evette dey Leclaire

Below that are Earls and Knights(Sir, Lady)

Earl Albert dey Bourbon
Lady Catherine dey Bourbon
Sir Constantin dey Bourbon

My concepts are being discussed and developed here and over at Nexus. I've never done a mod but would be interested in a collaboration with someone that can help put this mod into the game.

Last edited:
Warband have many great MODs i played most of them more than once. and like another guy said GoT would be great with BL but there must be a MoD for the best one ever made and i played it alot and everytime if was different ....And that is POP Got to see a new one for BL..Start your art work guys...

A naming overhaul that adds titles(Lord, Lady, King, Queen, Jarl, Sir, Domina, Praetor) and house names(last names and/or clan names) for all notable NPCs and Companions in game. Also a thematic overhaul giving each faction more historically bound names.

Many of the last names and family names are already in the character's bio but aren't shown in the character's name upon inspection or interaction from the campaign map. This type mod would put the last names and/or clan names listed in the bio, in the NPCs full name at a glance when the player in interacting or inspecting from the campaign map.

Vlandia = Frankish kingdom utilizing a Frankish noble theme using names from the Medieval period.
Empire = Western Roman Empire and Eastern/Byzantine themed titles and names.
Sturgia = a mix of Kievan Rus and Varangian/Scandinavian first and last names and titles
Battania = Welsh, Gaelic and Anglo Saxon names and titles.
Khuzait = TBD
Aserai = TBD

First and foremost this mod would give the player an instant idea of exactly who they're dealing with instead having to open our Encyclopedia every time we interact with an NPC. The immersive aspects are a bonus.

Instead of bumping into seemingly nobody "Derthert", you meet "King Derthert dey Morey". King Derthert of the dey Morey clan. His wife and kids are:

Queen Margerie dey Morey
Prince Lionel dey Morey
Princess Margarette dey Morey

Derthert's Baron's become

Baron Tristan dey Leclaire
Baroness Evette dey Leclaire

Below that are Earls and Knights(Sir, Lady)

Earl Albert dey Bourbon
Lady Catherine dey Bourbon
Sir Constantin dey Bourbon

My concepts are being discussed and developed here and over at Nexus. I've never done a mod but would be interested in a collaboration with someone that can help put this mod into the game.

That shouldn't be a mod,it should be in the native game. At the very least all the nobles should have their clan names as their surname. Would make it easy to tell who's who without having to try memorize all the banners

I suppose I wouldn’t mind a mod that boiled down the factions and turned them into races. Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, Lizardmen, or what have you with different trees and certain races not working with others.
I love this no nonsense fiction setting that doesn’t need spells and Orcs to thrive, but I’d occasionally turn on the fantasy elements if they were intriguing. Go into a swamp town and one of the notables is a Lizardman offering lizard troops for hire! Would be fun

I suppose I wouldn’t mind a mod that boiled down the factions and turned them into races. Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, Lizardmen, or what have you with different trees and certain races not working with others.
I love this no nonsense fiction setting that doesn’t need spells and Orcs to thrive, but I’d occasionally turn on the fantasy elements if they were intriguing. Go into a swamp town and one of the notables is a Lizardman offering lizard troops for hire! Would be fun
You Play Heroes of Might and Magic..

Skyrim was sorely lacking in that department. It's curious that the strongest suit of the old M&B companions, the fact that you could never have all of them becaus half of them disliked the other half, is, for now, forgotten. Just like Skyrim forgot that Fallout 3 had interesting and charismatic companions with backstories and quests attached to them.
Well now you just have the hard limit based on clan level, so I guess the old likes and dislikes system is obsolete now. People would probably get bummed out if one of their 5 companions up and left. But then it seems like the best use for BL companions is sending them away to lead armies or caravans, so you can't even really call them companions anymore anyway.

I'd love to see a much more fleshed out companions that have interesting stories and their own questlines. I was pretty disappointed with how shallow they are, and its not just because they're still unfinished in EA. I just don't see how a procedural companion system can ever make really interesting companions. To pull another example from Skyrim mods, I'd love to see something like the Inigo mod. A really fleshed out and likeable companion who talks to you while you're travelling and has a whole backstory and adventure.

Make Bannerlord Warband Again, is all I ask for.
I am looking forward to every major mod that will be made though.

Well now you just have the hard limit based on clan level, so I guess the old likes and dislikes system is obsolete now. People would probably get bummed out if one of their 5 companions up and left. But then it seems like the best use for BL companions is sending them away to lead armies or caravans, so you can't even really call them companions anymore anyway.

I'd love to see a much more fleshed out companions that have interesting stories and their own questlines. I was pretty disappointed with how shallow they are, and its not just because they're still unfinished in EA. I just don't see how a procedural companion system can ever make really interesting companions. To pull another example from Skyrim mods, I'd love to see something like the Inigo mod. A really fleshed out and likeable companion who talks to you while you're travelling and has a whole backstory and adventure.
That’s the problem with Sandbox games: where there is more freedom and variety, there is less character and personality

Back
Top Bottom