Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

hmm the varyag basicly got 10 less armor now [e1.4.1] will see how it works out. Heavy armors still need a bigger nerf (3 points off each at least (ser, oath, vary, legionary)

Yes there is, we have even done some tests live. It is one of the first features we want get live
DO you know how it will work with the lack of players ? Especially good players in NA. There are basically less than 30 active skilled players and then the rest is newbies. Could you give some details on how the mm will work or you are not able to reveal this information yet ?

DO you know how it will work with the lack of players ? Especially good players in NA. There are basically less than 30 active skilled players and then the rest is newbies. Could you give some details on how the mm will work or you are not able to reveal this information yet ?
Can't give much information right now, but it will be no different than other modern competitive games. Player count makes the issue challenging I agree but certain tweaks and settings on the system can help us while more features are added and the player base grows.

Got any news on the one life mode that's in the works? I know it'll be sharing the same class system, but is the format similar to skirmish? When will be expect to test it? Will duel be coming anytime soon?

Cheers

Got any news on the one life mode that's in the works? I know it'll be sharing the same class system, but is the format similar to skirmish? When will be expect to test it? Will duel be coming anytime soon?

Cheers
Nothing to talk about new modes atm.

Nothing to talk about new modes atm.
do we still get more heavy infantry/heavy archer nerfs?

Mounted Archer
  • Cost reduced by 10 (150)
  • Spear Perk replaced by Stronger Arrows Perk
reconsider this change pls, cav archers shouldnt be archers.. They should have an end where they need to go to melee to finish the job. This forces the cav archer to ressource management and still play the game even if he falls out of its restrictions for some time. It makes playin against it more fun because you know he cant do it forever.

Cpt and Skirmish need different amount of ammonition aswell.

Last edited:
do we still get more heavy infantry/heavy archer nerfs?
Some changes related to Heavy Infs will most likely happen next patch, probably alongside some Cav changes. Planned to have Archer changes come after that, mostly related to perks, but we will see how it goes as each patch changes the overall balance.

Some changes related to Heavy Infs will most likely happen next patch, probably alongside some Cav changes. Planned to have Archer changes come after that, mostly related to perks, but we will see how it goes as each patch changes the overall balance.

Heavy infantry being only for captain mode? Infantry is extremely weak in Skirmish - it would be silly to nerf them even more.

Its just that heavy archer and light ones dont have any difference in identity. One is just far better than the other and the other one is unplayable.

The varyag "change" was essentially a nerf?

I appreciate the increased dev communications.

With that said, I saw that the mod tools were one of the listed high priorities from the developers. Any idea on the actual time frame on the map editor?

Thanks

We are working towards it but we can't give any estimates as of now.
Thanks for the response.

Are you able to give any insight into differences between the map editor currently used by the devs and the one being made available for players, and what area is still being worked towards?

As someone who was heavily involved in the administration of the NA warband competitive scene and creation of maps for it, I'm accutely aware of its importance to the scene editor, and am curious of any morsels of information that you can provide.

Thanks again.

When can we expect changes regarding the hitboxes? There are countless (mainly upper swings) hits that does not register, same happens with throwing weapons (mostly against cav). It is frustrating. Im also getting lots of disconnects and packetlosses since you added Battleeye.

Thank you for the write up, I am very interested in observing clan matches. Is there a VOD or stream I can catch?

Just to add, any organized clan that plays competitive matches feel free to invite me to watch and possibly discuss.
DR is recording many matches. I provided you some links via PM/Conversation. I didn't get the hand on all of it yet, but it's a start,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom