Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm def. disappointed in the game. There is no doubt about that, I guess I was just expecting some fresh, and creative features, not something that is less interesting or expansive than some of the mods available for warband.

I think my expectations were too high for sure, but maybe yours are too low?
This! I feel the same way. I expected the game to be further than warband on diplomacy even as EA. I was hopeful for viking conquest level content just with bugs and a few missing perks. I just don't see TW pumping out more content to reach my expectation for when its "released" given the state we have BL after 8 years.

I think you need to look at this in a different light. What that post is, is what they have currently lined up and is what you don't need to continue to ask for in forums as they are working on it. If you don't see something in that list its fair to continue to discuss the need for it. By no means do they indicate this is all that will happen before Release, so i wouldn't worry too much. But now people can stop posting "the main story feels dull and boring. I didnt even get to save my siblings, are TW going to add to this or is this it?", the post answers yes to this question. This is just confirmation for what feedback they have received, prioritized and are working on currently.

I honestly don't see how you can reach that conclusion from their statement. And if that is the case, why didn't they just say so?

My reading of their statement is not nearly as optimistic as yours.

This! I feel the same way. I expected the game to be further than warband on diplomacy even as EA. I was hopeful for viking conquest level content just with bugs and a few missing perks. I just don't see TW pumping out more content to reach my expectation for when its "released" given the state we have BL after 8 years.

I think we are in the majority btw. I think most players are disappointed and thats why the amount of people playing the game has plummeted.

I honestly don't see how you can reach that conclusion from their statement. And if that is the case, why didn't they just say so?

My reading of their statement is not nearly as optimistic as yours.

I mean read the statement at the top of their post?

"Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:"

I don't see how you can stretch this to mean this is the entire roadmap (doesn't say roadmap once in the post) for the rest of EA?

I think we are in the majority btw. I think most players are disappointed and thats why the amount of people playing the game has plummeted.

This happens to alot of new games as players are sold to hype and misinformation only to be confronted with the truth and the fact they didn’t really like the game anyway. So no claim to 'predictable' “majority”.

I think roughly 88% of the players disagrees with you and are busy playing the game while disappointed loud mouths are here doing what they do best and appear to be the majority.

Just too add my two cents... While i don't currently play the game as im waiting for a bit more flesh on the bone.
I am not disappointed and have had a lot of fun with it.

I also know others with this attitude. So you shouldn't presume that people are not playing the game because they are feeling the same as you.

From looking through this thread, looks like you may need a break from this game. Just a suggesstion but go play something else until it's more developed. It doesn't seem like being a tester is doing you good.

I think roughly 88% of the players disagrees with you and are busy playing the game while disappointed loud mouths are here doing what they do best and appear to be the majority.

Perhaps. The steam charts data seems to indicate the opposite though. With player numbers dropping every week since launch. If 88% of players were still playing, we would see higher numbers on the steam charts.........but we dont.

Also, how is someone a loud mouth for having a pretty reasonable discussion? Sounds like you are triggered snowflake.

thats a stretch... I've seen multiple threads with many stating the slowdown of gameplay due to lack of content. Why make a generalized attacked when he said nothing bad in this thread of the people okay with this game. Making a post on a thread is far from being a "loudmouth".

Just too add my two cents... While i don't currently play the game as im waiting for a bit more flesh on the bone.
I am not disappointed and have had a lot of fun with it.

I also know others with this attitude. So you shouldn't presume that people are not playing the game because they are feeling the same as you.

From looking through this thread, looks like you may need a break from this game. Just a suggesstion but go play something else until it's more developed. It doesn't seem like being a tester is doing you good.

Fair point, I shouldn't assume. However the player drop off has been pretty substantial and consistent each week. And I think its a reasonable conclusion to think many of these players no longer find the game interesting or have been disappointed by the product and so called "priorities".

thats a stretch... I've seen multiple threads with many stating the slowdown of gameplay due to lack of content. Why make a generalized attacked when he said nothing bad in this thread of the people okay with this game. Making a post on a thread is far from being a "loudmouth".

I don't know that @Depressinho was necessarily talking about people in this thread, but we have had a fair share of people being, let's say... a little overly aggressive? in giving their (legitimate) bad feedback about the game. And some people who really liked Bannerlord have been a little too zealous with defending what they perceived as an aggression to the game, which tends to start flame wars. Luckily it seems to have gotten better recently.

Not all people who are currently not currently playing necessarily feel that bad about Bannerlord. I put 150 something hours in it, which is more than I put in most games I own, I am definitely done for right now. But overall the game does not look terrible to me even in its current state. It needs a lot of work, sure, but I still enjoyed it more than the majority of other games I own.

@StewVader: imo the drop off is caused by the fact that players had as much enjoyment as they could get from the game for right now, and with everyone being stuck at home they probably played it more than they would have under normal circumstances, which led them to drop it after a few days/weeks. If most people were disgruntled with the game surely you would notice that from Steam reviews.

I mean read the statement at the top of their post?

"Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:"

I don't see how you can stretch this to mean this is the entire roadmap (doesn't say roadmap once in the post) for the rest of EA?

It doesn't say road map in the post, however TaleWorlds Twitter and other media outlets have referred to it as a roadmap:

They don't indicate the time frame, so we don't know.

Last edited:
I don't know that @Depressinho was necessarily talking about people in this thread, but we have had a fair share of people being, let's say... a little overly aggressive? in giving their (legitimate) bad feedback about the game. And some people who really liked Bannerlord have been a little too zealous with defending what they perceived as an aggression to the game, which tends to start flame wars. Luckily it seems to have gotten better recently.

Not all people who are currently not currently playing necessarily feel that bad about Bannerlord. I put 150 something hours in it, which is more than I put in most games I own, I am definitely done for right now. But overall the game does not look terrible to me even in its current state. It needs a lot of work, sure, but I still enjoyed it more than the majority of other games I own.

Sure. But I get the feeling people like you (and me and many others) may be sitting out for a long time based on their "priorities" statement. The "priorities" statement is just fixes and balancing, nothing really exciting or new. We may be sitting for years waiting for total overhaul mods. I guess that's an outcome, but it just seems kinda sad after all this time.

+1

Quite frankly I understand the disappointment with it... But the game isn't supposed to be fully released for a year at least (allegedly). Are there things I wish were better? Sure, it's a bit lackluster. For me however, I'm just happy playing the game after waiting for so damn long. But it seems that unlike others in this thread I just don't have as much invested in the game. To me at the end of the day it's just that, a game, and a means to entertain myself. I have better things to do really than complain about it every chance I get. Say what you will but I'll either just trust the devs to make it better or I'll **** off and find something else to do. If everyone is going to complain until a perfect game comes out that checks all the boxes, they'll be waiting forever. For me this does just fine.

Apologies if this doesn't jive those who are unhappy with the game. Once again, I get it, truly. I get frustrated as hell with the ai at nearly every turn. But what are you going to do about it really?

+1

Quite frankly I understand the disappointment with it... But the game isn't supposed to be fully released for a year at least (allegedly). Are there things I wish were better? Sure, it's a bit lackluster. For me however, I'm just happy playing the game after waiting for so damn long. But it seems that unlike others in this thread I just don't have as much invested in the game. To me at the end of the day it's just that, a game, and a means to entertain myself. I have better things to do really than complain about it every chance I get. Say what you will but I'll either just trust the devs to make it better or I'll **** off and find something else to do. If everyone is going to complain until a perfect game comes out that checks all the boxes, they'll be waiting forever. For me this does just fine.

Apologies if this doesn't jive those who are unhappy with the game. Once again, I get it, truly. I get frustrated as hell with the ai at nearly every turn. But what are you going to do about it really?

Probably just post on the forums about how disappointed I am until CKIII is released this Sept. :twisted:

Sure. But I get the feeling people like you (and me and many others) may be sitting out for a long time based on their "priorities" statement. The "priorities" statement is just fixes and balancing, nothing really exciting or new. We may be sitting for years waiting for total overhaul mods. I guess that's an outcome, but it just seems kinda sad after all this time.

Oh I am sure we will. I am OK with that myself, but I understand it can be frustrating for some.

as I wrote in many thread.. for me warband was a great base for superb mods.. the limits of the graphics engine were too low for the last years.... that's why I need a new base game.... and the new base is in ea now
Exactly my thoughts.

Warband was a good base for many mods. The vanilla game itself while fun, would not have the longevity it had without mods. Now we have Bannerlord and I look forward to seeing what the modding community will bring to the table this time, but they don't even have access to modding tools yet I believe.

The game needs time, time for the devs to finish the core game and time for modders to work their magic. If you're unhappy with the game in it's current state, put it down and come back in a few months. Judging from the popularity of Bannerlord, the future is going to be pretty Fing sweet.

Lets all be honest here, Bannerlord offers less content than Warband does
I have to say I don't think Warband is a functional comparison as it is an enhanced remake, I think OG M&B is a more fair comparison.
Bannerlord is Mount and blade 2, not 3. Warband is not mount and blade 1 or 2. Warband is the accumulation of years of refinement and player feedback and modding taken in and produced into a enhanced re-make or re-release.
M&B's content is pretty close to the bare bones initial EA release of BL if we ignore the unfinished stuff. You can join a faction and help them win the world.
You could do that since day 1 of EA and that's M&B in a nutshell.

I have probably 100 things I want changed and then another 100 I would love added.
If a few of these happen I'll be pretty happy. A big one just happened with the sandbox kingdom addition.
Now my main wants are better Surgery and trainer type skills and improvements to the skill/perk system in general and better more effective armor.
After that it's baby stuff and other long term game events such as new lord generation and faction rebellions and other stuff for the loooooong game.

It's easy to complain that a game didn't do everything you wanted, but that's almost all games always.
Everyday for years I wished somebody would make another game like Mount and blade, but they just don't.
If somebody out there can make the perfect M and Blade like game, please do it.

The main story line is already in the game. You can go down the main story line, you just can't complete it. So I guess if finishing the last leg of the main story line is what you consider new content.....good for you.

A "main story" questline is present in the game, but you cannot complete it because, lo and behold, it is construed of incomplete and missing content - like many of the features currently present in the game. Adding what is missing is, at the end of the day, adding new content. Expanding and fleshing out what exists is, guess what? Oh yeah, new content. You're coming off as someone who can't grasp the definition of "content" - so if you're going to troll, try harder. It's a tad low quality right now.

Dig through the game files yourself; there is no conspiracy here. You're acting as if the planned content additions are already in the game, merely disabled to give the impression they're doing something.

A real point of discourse would be the lack of (new) major feature announcements - but in fairness it's probably too early to discuss such. The game is objectively unfinished and incredibly rough around the edges, and we've barely had communication from TW regarding planned fixes, let alone bigger stuff down the pipeline.

Back
Top Bottom