Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

Users who are viewing this thread

Well lets be honest, the combat and battles are really good. But besides that I think a lot of people with myself included expected them to take it to the "next level", even knowing there's obviously been some development problems.

This 100%. I just expected another level of Mount and Blade. Not just a graphics overhaul.

I certainly feel they cut a lot of corners and went with the bare minimum acceptable in terms of features and content. They even themselves seem surprised as to how well recieved it has been.

I love how people seem to bypass parts of what they are quoting that hint towards them being wrong.

Here, I've applied bold styling to the ones you missed. What this means is that those are some of the priorities, again, some, and I believe you know what priorities mean

Lastly, Duh_TaleWorlds mentioned that those are not all-encompassing, meaning not everything they have as a priority is in that list, and if that is the case, we have no idea of what else they have listed as to-do.

Yes, but doesn't your evolved mammalian brain think they would mention new content or features they were working on if they had any?

perks are already in the game, the main quest is already in the game, the dumb ai is already in the game, children are already in the game etc etc - they just need to be fixed and balanced...its not new...... Am I taking crazy pills?
The car is already here, but it has one wheel, can't turn right and doesn't have the fifth speed, but essentially, it is finished :grin:

I wasn't making any emphasis on the new content here, since it's obvious that it'll be in the game sooner or later, but your statement that the game is "essentially finished" is a bit misleading, since the game (though it's pretty entrancing) looks like some Alpha atm.

I love how people seem to bypass parts of what they are quoting that hint towards them being wrong.

Here, I've applied bold styling to the ones you missed. What this means is that those are some of the priorities, again, some, and I believe you know what priorities mean

Lastly, Duh_TaleWorlds mentioned that those are not all-encompassing, meaning not everything they have as a priority is in that list, and if that is the case, we have no idea of what else they have listed as to-do.

They also didn't indicate what the time frame was for this "roadmap". Could very well be the roadmap for the rest of EA.

All the bold looks like could contain possibly new additions to the game, to me.

I;m not sure what people are thinking when they think "new content," and I sure as hope not they think a "new content" would be something like the stuff Paradox adds on with each DLC to the core game, when the core game itself is not finished. Or, in this case, I hope people aren't expecting something like Warband or Viking Conquest, when the core M&B module itself isn't finished.

A roadmap lays out the planned schedule, and when a game is in early access... the priority is obviously finishing the core game.

How the **** do you add "Best Answer" reaction to this man's comment ?

The car is already here, but it has one wheel, can't turn right and doesn't have the fifth speed, but essentially, it is finished :grin:

I wasn't making any emphasis on the new content here, since it's obvious that it'll be in the game sooner or later, but your statement that the game is "essentially finished" is a bit misleading, since the game (though it's pretty entrancing) looks like some Alpha atm.

I understand. I mean its essentially finished in terms of features and content, except for rebellions. What you have on your computer right now, appears to be, and based on their roadmap, essentially the game. Just requires some fixing and balancing.

How the **** do you add "Best Answer" reaction to this man's comment ?

I appreciate your opinion, but none of the things included in the dev statement is new content. That content is already in the game. It just requires fixing and balance.

No, I think many people were expecting an experience vastly more interesting and more complex than Warband or Warband with the Diplomacy Mod. (Or other popular mods).

interesting and vastly superior to Warband
they're work'n on it: It needs to be fixed in the family, kingdom diplomacy, AI, crafting, skills/perks, but when it's all finished it's more interesting the WB

best mods for Warband?
That's absurd and I think you'd have a lot of variation in what that even means. I mean, you have battle continuation and alternate siege options and executions, that's probably the only widely agreed on mod features that are good. Most other stuff is very particular to a mods setting, just superficial, controversial or stuff that broke the game more often then not.
I know, you want boats. Everyone says they wants the boats. Guess what I don't want boats! I don't wanna fall in the water! I don't wanna fight in little tiny boat maps!

I will say though, the abandonment of castle building is a shame.

From your quote, the only missing feature would be rebellions. Meaning, the game is essentially done.
If all the current placeholders are finished in your opinion, yes.
Personally I hope that stuff like perks, diplomacy and all the other missing things are functional at some point.

they're work'n on it: It needs to be fixed in the family, kingdom diplomacy, AI, crafting, skills/perks, but when it's all finished it's more interesting the WB

That's absurd and I think you'd have a lot of variation in what that even means. I mean, you have battle continuation and alternate siege options and executions, that's probably the only widely agreed on mod features that are good. Most other stuff is very particular to a mods setting, just superficial, controversial or stuff that broke the game more often then not.
I know, you want boats. Everyone says they wants the boats. Guess what I don't want boats! I don't wanna fall in the water! I don't wanna fight in little tiny boat maps!

I will say though, the abandonment of castle building is a shame.

I think people want more options and more detail than what is available in Warband mods already and I agree there is lots of variance in that statement, but I just cant accept, after all this time, this is their vision.

I certainly feel they cut a lot of corners and went with the bare minimum acceptable in terms of features and content. They even themselves seem surprised as to how well recieved it has been.

Oh yeah, one of the main themes I heard during the years of Bannerlord's development was improvements in town scenes and fun reasons for entering them. There's nothing, not even bandits attacking you every so often.

Yes, but doesn't your evolved mammalian brain think they would mention new content or features they were working on if they had any?

It depends on how much work is done, communicating that they are working on something means people are going to be expecting news and an estimate on when it is going to be available.

As part of a product team, I can say that we only release information about something we are developing when it is nearly done, like going through internal testing. I would assume game development is not so different. Like I said, announcing something creates expectations and people are going to want an estimate on when it is going to be available, this means that you might have to rush or cut corners to deliver on date, or deal with the negative reactions from having to push your estimate.

They also didn't indicate what the time frame was for this "roadmap". Could very well be the roadmap for the rest of EA.

I agree about the time frame, but this being all for the EA? No, since he clearly mentioned that this list is not all they have in their to-do list, only part of what they want to focus first.

as I wrote in many thread.. for me warband was a great base for superb mods.. the limits of the graphics engine were too low for the last years.... that's why I need a new base game.... and the new base is in ea now

Being able to declare war and make peace in the kingdom menu, is frankly my no. 1 hope for this game. Random war declaration by my kingdom or on my kingdom are annoying.

Just because mods will make the game great doesn't mean the base game shouldn't be given an effort. With a base game at the next level it would also push mods to be even better than what they will now.
It seems they worked on the combat and battles for 7 years and did the rest in 9 months... Also why are there still no gang mechanics when they showed it 3 years ago somewhat working (I get that it was a showcase, but surely in 3 years they should've been able to fix whatever didn't make it work initially).

I'm not even that dissapointed with the game, because it's not a bad game. It's just a shame to see with this opportunity they had to take it all to the next level they went with the bare minimum acceptable.

Lets all be honest here, Bannerlord offers less content than Warband does and the only thing any of us have to look forward to is TW handing out the modding tools for all of us to mod the game to have new features, new castles, new quests, new armor/weapons, new troops and factions, new regions ect. ect. ect. Why else would they be focussing so hard on fixing the game completely? its cause they wanna release the mod tools ASAP so WE can add new content for them :fruity:

It seems they worked on the combat and battles for 7 years and did the rest in 9 months...

I honestly think you are pretty much right on this. I think most of the development time was spent on building the physic based combat, which Armagan was pretty big on as you can hear him talking about that in several interviews. I can't say I am a fan of the way that works right now myself... But that's what we have and at this point all we can do is trust in them and hope that they make the best of it.

No one has mention what should be obvious. No roadmap has been released. This is not a roadmap. I take issue with multiple media companies claiming a roadmap has been released when what we have is a list of things they would LIKE to work on. Apparently TW Twitter person is partly responsible for this misunderstanding.

A roadmaps should define scale of goals a list of achievable objects AND, most importantly, stages and timetable. There are no achievable objectives in this list because they are open ended andno steps or milestones have been defined. Ihave they haven’t been shared.

Roadmap Basics. A roadmap is a strategic plan that defines a goal or desired outcome and includes the major steps or milestones needed to reach it. It also serves as a communication tool, a high-level document that helps articulate strategic thinking—the why—behind both the goal and the plan for getting there.”

Most days I can barely string a few sentences together incorrect form. But I’m not a sorry excuse for a gaming journalist or a failure of an English major, just repeating what others have written.

Now if what TW has shared with us is all they have in the way of a “roadmap,” that would explain, in part, why their development has been so slow and unorganized. “A list of stuff we’d like to do and improve,” is not a proper way to plan the development of a 100+ million dollar game. If this is what they call a roadmap, it would indicate an complete lack of project management.

I think the topic of this is “there is no new content in the roadmap,”. Again, I think the larger issue, that there is no roadmap. At least not released.

Last edited:
So if you review the statement put out by the developer Duh_TaleWorlds you will see that it does not actually include any mention of new content or features.

This is a list of things already in the game, which require fixing and balancing....there is no mention of any new features or content. I think if they had new content and features they were working on...they would have mentioned them here, but they did not.

Its reads like: "We are going to finish fixing the game you've already got."

I don't know what else you can take away from their statement and its massively disappointing.
I think you need to look at this in a different light. What that post is, is what they have currently lined up and is what you don't need to continue to ask for in forums as they are working on it. If you don't see something in that list its fair to continue to discuss the need for it. By no means do they indicate this is all that will happen before Release, so i wouldn't worry too much. But now people can stop posting "the main story feels dull and boring. I didnt even get to save my siblings, are TW going to add to this or is this it?", the post answers yes to this question. This is just confirmation for what feedback they have received, prioritized and are working on currently.

Back
Top Bottom