Even more grind to get influence now.

Users who are viewing this thread

I am confused by what you're saying. How can one summon 3,000 troops if they're not actually in charge? I mean, I thought us amassing forces that range into the thousands (and paying them) was us earning them and the right to order them around and using them to conquer the realm thus earning the right to rule them. In other words, I'm not sure how the "other way around" can even occur.

Anyone can summon a lord into an army with enough influence. A tier 2 clan can summon a tier 5 clan dude with a meager 20-30i. Therefore, there isn't really a difference between T2 and T5 clans army-wise since everyone can summon anyone they want, given enough influence. That's point one.

When everyone has tons of influence, the line between T2 and T5 is further blurred by the fact that even a relative nobody can summon anyone they want at any given time, thanks to 40i per day, credit goes to unnerfed CoC. That's point two.

Therefore, when everyone has tons of influence, noone is more influential than the other. It matters jack if you have 1k or 1mil influence, because you can still force any lord to follow you around like your personal pack hound. That's point three.

The summary point is that because of overbuffed influence, the player is always in charge of armies whenever he/she wants to be. Lords spam armies too, but disbanding them is cheap as dirt.

And again, we technically should be able to reach a point, depending upon our actions, of where we're the raid boss of the game so to speak, imho.

I'd say we still do, just depends on how much time it takes to get there. Again, even with CoC removed outright, there's enough ways to earn influence to always disband any army and summon anyone you want. The AI just doesn't do that much,they prefer a couple smaller armies to one big blob of death the player can unleash.

Now maybe in your opinion and or your personal tastes (and many), this occurs too quickly. Obviously, this isn't the same for many others.
You're totally right, it all boils down to personal preference in the end. I'd argue that MnB is intended to be a long journey, but that would still be my interpretation of mechanics from earlier MnB's and nothing else. Whichever direction vanilla Bannerlord takes, we all still have mods, thankfully.

And no, I didn't really picture you at all, well aside from your avatar, lol. But only because of love that content creator so I can't help but picture him and hearing what I am reading in his voice, haha.

That's a totally unintended side effect, and one I haven't noticed till now xD. Now I can't help but read my own words in his voice, and I don't think he'd like what I'm writing too much.

I am pretty sure the player base who will keep this game alive for the years to come are not the ones who will play it for 20 hours then switches to another game after getting bored.

Devs were smart enough for not trying to appeal mobile idle clicker game generation by delaying it 8 years. This attitude will not change on a whim.

Yeah I think you misunderstood what was said.

Cutting the influence earning to a tenth of what it was before seems a bit much to me. It's like why would you try such an extreme like that right out the gate? What were they basing that on? They could have tried cutting it by 25% or cutting it in half, but they cut earning from .40 to .04? It takes 50 prisoners to earn 4 influence? That doesn't even make sense from a story perspective, lol.

Yes, this.

I agree that influence bloat has been a problem, and that some limited grinding to make the player value the currency is good. So moderate nerfs to most influence sources were in order. But a 10x / 90% nerf to one influence source? All at once? Does not seem to be thought through.

Last edited:
Seeing you're nerfing every single way to get influence, maybe inspired by Neil Druckman's ideal of fun, how am I supposed to do it correctly?
All the NPC lords have loads of influence from doing nothing, plus passing edicts that gives everyone -1 influence per day.
When the player reaches 100 influence, after hours of gameplay, all the other clans have 900 or more.

Is this supposed to be a fun game or a job? What a grind this game has become.

Forget the fact that influence yields nothing anyway, since the endgame is incomplete. Or maybe that's the reason. I don't know.

In the meanwhile, I'll still be waiting for perks to, you know, actually work.

"But hey, the visuals of bushes have improved with this patch!".

Jesus christ.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M COMPLAINIIIIIIIIING
BTW you're right.

Also: IT'S MA'AM

Anyone can summon a lord into an army with enough influence. A tier 2 clan can summon a tier 5 clan dude with a meager 20-30i. Therefore, there isn't really a difference between T2 and T5 clans army-wise since everyone can summon anyone they want, given enough influence. That's point one...

Ahhhh, okay, I see what you're talking about. I see you now. And I would agree that regardless, one shouldn't be able to easily request the assistance of a lord... but then again, I'm also the kind of person that continues to cringe when I, as a nobody, can simply approach any noble I want (felt the same way in Skyrim) because I kind of feel like that shouldn't be a remote possibility.

Anyway, plenty of valid points on your end and I'm glad you took the time to explain because I think I understand more and see the validity clearer.

I appreciate the conversation. I know we don't agree on everything, which is is perfectly fine, but I do think we've gotten to a point where we understand the other's views/tastes. Thank you for taking the time.

Back
Top Bottom