How similar does M&B: Warband play to M&B: Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

mattidore

Recruit
Hi guys, I'm completely new to the M&B series of games but after looking at gameplay videos I am quite interested in giving the new game a go. However, without a demo I am a little hesitant to drop $65.00 to try out Bannerlord. There is a free demo for Warband available on Steam and I am going to try that to see what the M&B games are like, but I want to ask some of the more seasoned players who have played both games, can I get a good taste of what Bannerlord will be like from Warlords? I understand Warlords is a 10 year old game, but seems like this is the best option for some kind of demo.

Thanks ahead of time for your answers.

If you don't mind outdated graphics, then Warband is definitely the better purchase right now as its a complete game that you can play for a long time. Bannerlord still has a long time before its a feature complete game. In the meantime, you could be playing hundreds of fantastic Warband mods for years to come.

Its not any longer though in some sense since you now can get tier 4 units straight from villages without having influence, enemies are like walking tanks as well as you. You can train troops way faster now and you as well making you pretty much Op as a commander and games as a whole are shorter then before. And they are gonna change it to more convenient soon as it looks like from the progress ive seen so far thnx to the forums,

Was a real promising start for sure and felt like a proper M&B game and i loved it..... but this project is turning in to M&B light version thnx to complicity for the masses. But idk i would say Warband at this point as an M&B game even if Bannerlord looks cooler and have a nice pace in it along with features. Theres still quite some stuff missing as an typical early access but its def playable

Last edited:
Its not any longer though in some sense since you now can get tier 4 units straight from villages without having influence, enemies are like walking tanks as well as you. You can train troops way faster now and you as well making you pretty much Op as a commander and games as a whole are shorter then before. And they are gonna change it to more convenient soon as it looks like from the progress ive seen so far thnx to the forums,

Was a real promising start for sure and felt like a proper M&B game and i loved it..... but this project is turning in to M&B light version thnx to complicity for the masses. But idk i would say Warband at this point as an M&B game even if Bannerlord looks cooler and have a nice pace in it along with features. Theres still a lot of stuff missing as an typical early access but its def playable

Games being a whole lot shorter is my top issue with this rendition.

Games being a whole lot shorter is my top issue with this rendition.
yeah hopefully they find a good spot later to make the game last as warband. Theres still a lot of time for that, But im worried now when peeps want everything easier and faster which gonna make the game pace faster to as well as balancing more trickier

Last edited:
If you've not yet played Warband and don't mind the dated graphics, there is no question that Warband will give you better value for money at this point.

Look I have well over 5000 hrs played in Warband. Loved that game so much .But Its the Mods for Warband that made the game even bigger than what it was. Game play is great there is no other game out there anything like Warband TW are the only ones making games like this. So get Warband give it a go install some mods once you have played a little. If you want to play online in MP game i am sure there are still some around playing it.
Bannerlord is the next sep up but its still in EA that means not all parts of the game is finished and still being work on. But for guys like me i dont mind as i no what its going to be like when done. this could take the rest of this year.So give Warband a go first because if you like it, this is the same and will be better.

You should buy Warband it's game of the decade tbh...not this decade but still.
There's lots of little differences and BL is far from finished, but if you don't like warband you probably wont like BL.

Hi guys, thanks all for your responses. You've convinced me to try Warband. It appears to be the better and more complete game, and not to mention way may affordable!

Hi guys, thanks all for your responses. You've convinced me to try Warband. It appears to be the better and more complete game, and not to mention way may affordable!

I'd play warband mods for now, The top 10 on the steam workshop are very good. Also try "Bannerpage mod" that one is great!!

Gotta try Bannerpage. If you just want more Native experience, then at least get Diplomacy, it is practically a must-have and is incorporated in most mods.

There's no big difference between BL and WB at the current state, so at this point of early access is basically a reskinned/updated Warband.

Back
Top Bottom