Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

As a map tester and map maker I am pretty sure this is an easy fix, especially with the map editor you guys created. Native maps were most of the time easy to fix with a complicated map editor so I don't really see the problem there. And if the map maker team is struggling why don't they ask the many talented map makers from this community to help them.

They should fix the already existing maps first. No point playing on more broken maps. Atm there are 2 out of the 3 skirm maps that are game-breaking
which of them isnt? Still none of the skirmish maps is actually worked on which isnt that reassuring

p.s Bannerlord has much more concurrent players in multiplayer than Warband.

I appreciate your engagement with the thread, but this is a non-point. Imagine if a 2010 game had more players in 2020 than a game released 2 months ago. If Warband had more players in MP than Bannerlord that would be a sign of a colossal failure on TW's part. The fact that we can even compare the two in terms of playercount should be worrying.

As the others have been saying, it would be very helpful if the combat devs could appear and give a similar roadmap to this thread. The changes in the OP here sound great and like they will enhance the MP experience significantly, it's just that I value combat and class balance well-above extra features. I mean, Warband had mediocre class balance but managed to survive for so long off of a fantastic combat system. Bannerlord has neither a fantastic combat system nor good balance nor good customisation - I struggle to see any long term appeal.

The issues can be much more complicated than what we first anticipated. Adding an invisible wall might not be the solution or sometimes can be the reason why it is broken in the first place. It might the invisible wall that is not working, and there might be already an invisible wall on the places you don't think there is. Keep in mind that the map editor and engine is also still in development. Which means bugs.

I am sure our community will create great maps when the time comes, but for now, reporting bugs would be enough. Thanks!

I appreciate your engagement with the thread, but this is a non-point. Imagine if a 2010 game had more players in 2020 than a game released 2 months ago. If Warband had more players in MP than Bannerlord that would be a sign of a colossal failure on TW's part. The fact that we can even compare the two in terms of playercount should be worrying.
We will continue to develop and play the MP part of the game nevertheless what will the player count be. Warband's player count should not be used as a bargaining chip or a talking point when talking about Bannerlord. That is not proving a point on any case. This is a new game and it is not fully released yet.

Warband was not a perfect game. And we are not saying Bannerlord will be a perfect game. But there are some aspects that Warband lacked.
Warband lacked developer support after launch. I know because I was part of this community since the beginning and I was able to see what the game has evolved with the community. Bannerlord won't lack the developer support after launch. I know, because I am one of the developers that will make sure we will at least take a look at what is not liked or discussed thoroughly.

Warband lacked a profound server system. Bannerlord has the system written for itself from the ground up. And yes, it will take some time to take it where we are happy with it. But again, the game is still under development. You can expand this list but we are more likely do it first than advertise it first.

I would like to note this again, we are reading every feedback on forums and any other medium. But not responding does not mean it is being ignored. They might be regarding something that is we are completely disagreeing on. Or they might be regarding something that contradicts with our design decisions. Or they might be regarding some big issue that needs to be taken care of and we will take care of them. Et cetera.

I hope you guys can bear with us and can see what we planned in the long run.
Cheers.

Last edited:
We will continue to develop and play the MP part of the game nevertheless what will the player count be. Warband's player count should not be used as a bargaining chip or a talking point when talking about Bannerlord. That is not proving a point on any case.

This is a new game and it is not fully released yet. Warband lacked developer support after launch. I know because I was part of this community since the beginning and I was able to see what the game has evolved with the community. Bannerlord won't lack the developer support after launch. I know, because I am one of the developers that will make sure we will at least take a look at what is not liked or discussed thoroughly.

I would like to note this again, we are reading every feedback on forums and any other medium. But not responding does not mean it is being ignored. They might be something that is we completely disagree on. They might contradict with our design decisions.

I hope you guys can bear with us and can see what we planned in the long run.
The more detailed you lay out what you are planning to do and how you want to design things, the better feedback we can give you.

As community manager you need to handle these attitudes and situations, or the community health will just spiral downwards.

We will continue to develop and play the MP part of the game nevertheless what will the player count be. Warband's player count should not be used as a bargaining chip or a talking point when talking about Bannerlord. That is not proving a point on any case. This is a new game and it is not fully released yet.

Warband was not a perfect game. And we are not saying Bannerlord will be a perfect game. But there are some aspects that Warband lacked.
Warband lacked developer support after launch. I know because I was part of this community since the beginning and I was able to see what the game has evolved with the community. Bannerlord won't lack the developer support after launch. I know, because I am one of the developers that will make sure we will at least take a look at what is not liked or discussed thoroughly.

Maybe I didn't convey what I was trying to say properly in my other post, but this is precisely my point. I was saying that AVRC should not use Bannerlord having a higher player count than Warband as an argument for it having better MP.

Developer support after release is great, but if that support comes after the playercount has already dropped significantly then it is wasted. I hope that the changes the community want come soon :smile:

I would like to note this again, we are reading every feedback on forums and any other medium. But not responding does not mean it is being ignored. They might be regarding something that is we are completely disagreeing on. Or they might be regarding something that contradicts with our design decisions. Or they might be regarding some big issue that needs to be taken care of and we will take care of them. Et cetera.

Honestly, attitudes of the some of the community members on some topics made me unwilling to communicate on certain topics personally. Reading topics that have comments such as developers can't do their job properly and/or modders will fix the game etc. is not pushing me to comment on them. I hope this message can ease up the mood a little bit. It is okay if you don't "trust" the developers on making their game, but it is kinda hard on me to read those messages. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

Sure, not responding may mean that the feedback has been read - but how can we know that if there is no response? If a popular community thread with dozens of pages of discussion and thousands of views has 0 developer responses, is it not the natural conclusion that it has been ignored?

You are certainly correct that at this point I have low hopes for Bannerlord MP. That doesn't mean I don't want it to be good, I really do, I just don't think it will be. What I have seen so far does not give me hope, particularly the lack of development and changes throughout the Alpha/Beta period. Even now, after release, many of the major concerns from almost a year ago remain - despite the fact that some of these concerns could be fixed simply by changing a numerical value.

I am quite harsh in terms of criticism when it comes to mods/modders being able to fix the game because of what happened with MisterOutOfTime. Frankly, I think TW should be ashamed of how they handled the situation with him and his custom server mod. Also, given that I saw his mod have working custom servers and a working admin panel which allowed us to choose maps, gamemodes and factions freely, surely you can understand why I might be extremely critical of TW for not implementing a feature which MOOT implemented into his mod in a few days?

Anyway, my only request is that we can hear from the combat devs about their plans and whether they acknowledge many of the issues the community has been talking about for months.

I was saying that AVRC should not use Bannerlord having a higher player count than Warband as an argument for it having better MP.
I think you misread the comment he replied to. He commented this stat because it is used as what i described on the post before. They are both our games, we love them both. So it is no difference for us on that end.

We don't have infinite resources. Yes, a community mod might be "proved" that it is working but do you know if the backend of that service is feasible for us to support yet? Or we just simply should let people open servers when most of the features we are planning not have been added yet or the game version will change a lot in the coming months and support it with this in mind might not be the best of practices? Or the stability level is not on somewhere we are not happy with to support this?

It might look easy or basic when you look from there but if it was this easy it would have been in your hands already. There is some aspect on our side that we need to take care of them first before doing anything else. This priority list might make people upset but well we will be upset in the end if we can't do what we plan as we plan.

Lack of communication or lack of responses might seem ignorant but I can't comment on something I don't know how it works or vice versa. It would be great if all the developers could have spent their times with the community but they decide to work most of the time, which in the end, I think you would agree. I am doing my best to notify the producers and developers regarding what is being discussed on the forums, don't worry on that end.

But, please let's not forget the fact that not every community wish/comment/feedback is correct or something we find feasible or logical to do.

I hope you can give the game another chance in the future.

I think you misread the comment he replied to. He commented this stat because it is used as what i described on the post before. They are both our games, we love them both. So it is no difference for us on that end.

We don't have infinite resources. Yes, a community mod might be "proved" that it is working but do you know if the backend of that service is feasible for us to support yet? Or we just simply should let people open servers when most of the features we are planning not have been added yet or the game version will change a lot in the coming months and support it with this in mind might not be the best of practices? Or the stability level is not on somewhere we are not happy with to support this?

It might look easy or basic when you look from there but if it was this easy it would have been in your hands already. There is some aspect on our side that we need to take care of them first before doing anything else. This priority list might make people upset but well we will be upset in the end if we can't do what we plan as we plan.

Lack of communication or lack of responses might seem ignorant but I can't comment on something I don't know how it works or vice versa. It would be great if all the developers could have spent their times with the community but they decide to work most of the time, which in the end, I think you would agree. I am doing my best to notify the producers and developers regarding what is being discussed on the forums, don't worry on that end.

But, please let's not forget the fact that not every community wish/comment/feedback is correct or something we find feasible or logical to do.

dont think he means you should open a community server (or give us the option to), but introduce the tested parameters into the main game or at least consider it.

Its probably the most important thread on the forum, mordhau introduced some changes into the main branch aswell that was tested on the community competitive branch.

I'm having a hard time believing this glitch can't be fixed by placing an invisible barrier.
This and many other glitches on that map have existed since the very start of it and nothings been fixed. When was the last update for any skirmish map that fixed any issues? b0.6.x? earlier? It's really frustrating when you report bugs and all you get is "has been forwarded to the map artist", and then nothing happens for more than 5 months. If it's an issue with an underlying system, that issue should have been fixed within those 5 months as well or we should at least have gotten some sort of communication on the matter, IMO.

A lot of people are planning to make mods to change things that are unpopular among the community, which will split the player base. (Pro mods, crpg, pw, Neo GK, etc.) how will taleworlds deal with this and keep the community together and vanilla alive?

Everything you say makes absolute sense and have been pretty obvious to me personally from the beginning and hopefully now to more people as well. I believe you're heading in the right direction and I really appreciate the increased efforts with the community feedback. Thank you.

It might look easy or basic when you look from there but if it was this easy it would have been in your hands already.

Are you sure? Do we even have confirmation that custom/community servers are a goal within the Early Access timeframe or beyond?

I've no doubt it's harder than simply hosting one server - but I do doubt it is significantly harder for a professional server team, especially when there is a far more complex matchmaking server system in place already.

Are you sure? Do we even have confirmation that custom/community servers are a goal within the Early Access timeframe or beyond?

I've no doubt it's harder than simply hosting one server - but I do doubt it is significantly harder for a professional server team, especially when there is a far more complex matchmaking server system in place already.
We are working on a system which allows training and challenges among communities of people. The design is not concrete yet so I can't provide more details at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom