Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why was it so hard to believe they would make an EA game? Did you ever hear of Mount&Blade ? Guess what, that started out as EA aswell.

If you really are an "old timer" as you said you would know such basic information.
Dude, the context is different....now they are a real major Company, not 2 Turks in a cave anymore and asked basically full price.
Excuse me if I expect a bit more....you can buy the "it's EA" bait anytime you want,you are in very good company apparently:wink:

Dude, the context is different....now they are a real major Company, not 2 Turks in a cave anymore and asked basically full price.
Excuse me if I expect a bit more....you can buy the "it's EA" bait anytime you want,you are in very good company apparently:wink:
I have bought into plenty of EA "baits" and they all turned out really well. And after how M&B turned out i have no worries whatsoever.

Pretty sure our views on "major companies" differ.
If you expected more you really should have spend more time reading the store page because that basically tells you everything, hardly their fault for your "dissapointment"

But the real question is....what did you do with all your AOL disks? :mrgreen:

honestly I have no idea where most disks went, there were few with full games, but once you become a pirate (*don't judge, still payed full price for this) , those were obsolete. :grin: I remember having a lot of demos on them.

Define a major company, I still think they are a pretty small studio. I work in an IT firm with 40 employees and we are considered pretty small for the tasks we do (Banking software)

I agree the, there is no core sustainability in the game in my experience.
I have new pc and Bannerlord crashes like no other game i have played!

The game is great, the core stability issues need to be more of a focus.

I hope they get it sorted :smile:

Has everyone forgotten that the OG Mount and Blade was released in an Early Access format 3-4 YEARS before it was released in its final version? Because they had never made a game before, they released it on a rolling payscale where with each update, the purchase price for the game increased. They have now proven that they have what it takes to complete a title and have released a game that plays like a better shinier Warband with the potential for being much more. The defeatism from people who think the game will not progress further than what it is does not match Taleworlds track record. Given the huge influx of cash into the company with this EA release I think we are nearly guaranteed a large amount of content coming to flesh out Bannerlord. To say this game is unplayable flies in the face of the majority of players who have spent tons of hours playing the game without major gamebreaking issues. That's not to say it's perfect, and not to say it's balanced, but Taleworlds is now receiving feedback on thousands of iterations from player playthroughs that they would not otherwise have at this point in development. The game has flaws, but I wouldn't describe it as flawed. If you want that more polished experience you are (almost) guaranteed to get in when the game leaves early access, as is the case with every other Early Access game.

No one has forced you to purchase this game, and if you had taken time before paying the money you could have easily come onto message boards and read feedback from actual players that could have guided your decision. No one is censoring reviews, threads of bug reports are open to the public. While feeling cheated sucks, judging by the Steam reviews, it's clearly a minority opinion. If the game was released in Early Access and then abandoned, I think you would be justified, but updates have been frequent, and helpful (though sometimes with unintended consequences).

Has everyone forgotten that the OG Mount and Blade was released in an Early Access format 3-4 YEARS before it was released in its final version? Because they had never made a game before, they released it on a rolling payscale where with each update, the purchase price for the game increased. They have now proven that they have what it takes to complete a title and have released a game that plays like a better shinier Warband with the potential for being much more. The defeatism from people who think the game will not progress further than what it is does not match Taleworlds track record. Given the huge influx of cash into the company with this EA release I think we are nearly guaranteed a large amount of content coming to flesh out Bannerlord. To say this game is unplayable flies in the face of the majority of players who have spent tons of hours playing the game without major gamebreaking issues. That's not to say it's perfect, and not to say it's balanced, but Taleworlds is now receiving feedback on thousands of iterations from player playthroughs that they would not otherwise have at this point in development. The game has flaws, but I wouldn't describe it as flawed. If you want that more polished experience you are (almost) guaranteed to get in when the game leaves early access, as is the case with every other Early Access game.

No one has forced you to purchase this game, and if you had taken time before paying the money you could have easily come onto message boards and read feedback from actual players that could have guided your decision. No one is censoring reviews, threads of bug reports are open to the public. While feeling cheated sucks, judging by the Steam reviews, it's clearly a minority opinion. If the game was released in Early Access and then abandoned, I think you would be justified, but updates have been frequent, and helpful (though sometimes with unintended consequences).
+1

Nah I disagree. The game IS playable, at least for me. The game has crashed maybe 3 times in 100 hours of gameplay, and I haven't run into anything game breaking since the first week of EA launch. There is plenty of content, and once they fix sandbox kingdoms 1.4.1(Which might be today if you check steamdb), the game will be where I want it to be in terms of major features.(They still have to fix the broken ass economy but I can wait for that). It's not false advertising, obviously you've never played any of the cesspool EA games that get shoved down steam's throat all the time. Even on beta branch I haven't experienced anything THAT bad, aside from 1.4.1's staple features not working at all(Which tbh I don't know HOW the **** they didnt catch that but I still respect it as a BETA BRANCH)

honestly I have no idea where most disks went, there were few with full games, but once you become a pirate (*don't judge, still payed full price for this) , those were obsolete. :grin: I remember having a lot of demos on them.
mine became frisbees that we would throw at the class-room ceiling because it was made of Styrofoam :lol: Good high-school days, I miss them

While late to the post, I agree with many. The game is perfectly playable, if albeit rather incomplete. The fact that they openly expressed this on the sales page leads me to believe there was no misadvertisement. The overall jazz about the game mechanics is exactly what they intend to deliver.

I'll go so far as to say that they should be held accountable for the clear lack of a general progression plan, because if you could see where they planned to implement X feature, you'd be less inclined to blindly attack them for the "subpar" game and feel more invested in the development structure.

Larger company or not, they're not some AAA studio capable of whipping out some stellar project from the gate, and yet they've done more development on this game in the past month or so than most large scale companies do in their first year.

Please try to acknowledge that developing a game is as much about balancing the game as it is about balancing the workload and intentions. They have every intention of making this the game you hoped it would be, its just not going to be quite as fast as you hoped.

There were countless threads about the perks not working, which was fairly useless given that Callum had already posted that the perks are being reworked. Had he done so in a stickied thread people would not have wasted time with that.

Also, dude. Chill. I am not your personal enemy. We all want this game to do well.
Sorry for the late reply but that's a bad example in my opinion. The broken perk system is one of the things they did tell us on the steam page, which is slightly ironic considering the thread title... :wink:

I do not believe its mis-advertised but mis-understood by not being very descriptive regarding working and non working features and being as percise as possible regarding the past, the present and the future of the game - marketing its marketing unfortunatelly.
-Sure, the price tag gives the feeling to the end customer of an AAA fully fleshed out game and this is not true - its still on development
-They were clear but not concrete as i said
-The fanbase hype was huge
-The majority of the people do not fully understand early access and the risks it carries.
-However the game its not tottaly beta or alpha, but somewhere in the middle
-The company is using us beta testers but the term has only been used once officially because it has a negative feeling for a potential customer

-Personally i want to be a part of this community and the development phase in general.
-There are others who just want a complete game, tottaly respectable and understandable.

The lack of effective communication that TW has with their community is the reason that uncertaintity, fear or dissapointment, are common feelings between fans and non fans.

There is clearly a gap between the company's vision and a big part of customer's perception of the product, probably due to non effective marketing,gamer's high expectations, unstable long term development (which may be affected by the financial and political situation in their country) and major endeavor for TW to do as much as it can.

Why do people still assume that they are the only one who understands what EA means?
Description from Steam Bannerlord site about EA:

Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.

As You can see there's info it may lack content etc.

Good thing you guys arent ignorant and linked other parts of the same quote such as:
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.
or this:
Why Early Access?
“Early access is something that we are very familiar with: our first title, Mount & Blade, helped to pioneer this method of release back in 2005. By working alongside our community we were able to deliver a unique gaming experience that players still enjoy to this day. These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect.
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”

If y'all are judging opinion merit on hours played: 786hrs, the bugs are not even close to 'obscure' and as for interaction with the player base?? come off it. You can keep crowing this is 'normal' for EA but any one with half a brain can see we are being/have been exploited.

I have experienced crashes and many bugs. I'm kinda used to it these days... literally every "new" game has them. I wouldn't say it is false advertisement, like if they said the game is 100% perfect and has 0 problems... then that would be false advertisement.

The first mount & blade game, before it came to steam and world renown had a few bugs in it, and later on so did Warband. They all got fixed eventually and the games became fine. Thankfully, Taleworlds is not Bethesda, releasing the same game nearly a decade later, still suffering from game-breaking bugs and crashes lolz

Be patient... and don't forget their is a giant world-consuming plague outside of your house... you might want to pay attention to that, rather than a game that just released a little while ago.

Back
Top Bottom