Day 227 Sturgia is no more. I did not even lift a finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Goq7fnM.jpg

GhDl5Zu.jpg

I believe the buffs didn't do anything

Actually we did not made major buffs yet. Only fixed lords going bankrupt problem at 1.4 and decreased cavalry advantage to 20% from 30%. Sturgia probably needs more buffs. Please give some time for this, we will work on that.

Actually we did not made major buffs yet. Only fixed lords going bankrupt problem at 1.4 and decreased cavalry advantage to 20% from 30%. Sturgia probably needs more buffs. Please give some time for this, we will work on that.
didn't Sturgian spearman get shields with 1.3? Or some other unit?

Ohh this is not meant as offense, its just funny how fast they disappeared lol I know the game is EA

didn't Sturgian spearman get shields with 1.3? Or some other unit?

Solution of their problem is not unit equipments. Even player is not involved in battles they suffer, this shows they are weak because of other reasons. Simulations are not effected from unit equipments just calculated from unit levels, counts and cavalry ratio. New cavalry bonus is effecting Sturgia badly so we should give them a new advantage to balance.

Ohh this is not meant as offense, its just funny how fast they disappeared lol I know the game is EA

Yes I understand:smile: We should understand real problem underlying so we need time. I thought when their finance problems are fixed they will be better but still they are weakest. I will continue examining situation. In future we will give them more powerfull culture bonus(es). Their current only bonus (speed bonus at snow) is nearly nothing.

Last edited:
Yes I understand:smile: We should understand real problem underlying so we need time. I was thinking when their finance problems are fixed they will be better but still they are weakest. Will continue examining situation. In future we will give them more powerfull culture bonus. Speed bonus at snow is nearly nothing.
It might be worthwhile to totally remove cavalry advantage from simultations to see if that significantly changes the snowballing outcomes. And if it doesn't, you could take away the speed bonuses from all factions to see if movement speed is a key factor (the higher cavalry percentage of Khuzaits would still cause imbalances to speed though). If that doesn't either then you can start looking at other aspects like geography and village/castle/town/lord count or overall faction prosperity and food availability.

Last edited:
It might be worthwhile to totally remove cavalry advantage from simultations to see if that significantly changes the snowballing outcomes. And if it doesn't, you could take away the speed bonuses from all factions to see if movement speed is a key factor (more cavalry percentage of Khuzaits would still cause imbalances to speed). If that doesn't either then you can start looking at other aspects like geography and village/castle/town/lord count.
I agree we prob we need to see if cav bonus is actually the issue and if it is, remove it until they can find a way simulate based on equipment. I think a infantry with a spear should at least negate the cav advantage. This would give meaning between the choice of, for sturgia, shock trooper or veteran. I know right know on my sturgian runs i barely choose shock trooper as the javalins from veterans do more to cav than my shock troopers spears.

Also, in your other post you said:
I don't know. In my games they dominate. Unless I intervene and help the faction they are targeting, they will just take them over. Currently,they took 5 sturgian towns while being at war with them and Southern Empire lol

Edit: I'm on a day 203
So in a matter of 24 more days they took the remaining 2 towns (and presumably all castles in between). That seems pretty hard to believe. I don't think I've ever seen an AI be that aggressive to consecutively take fiefs like that.

So in a matter of 24 more days they took the remaining 2 towns (and presumably all castles in between). That seems pretty hard to believe. I don't think I've ever seen an AI be that aggressive to consecutively take fiefs like that.
let me load the game and show you

8eA8kqS.jpg

eB3NNc8.jpg

The save 001 is from day 207. You can see the IRL time stamps.

Simulations are not effected from unit equipments just calculated from unit levels, counts and cavalry ratio.

I've thought this for a while, but first time I'm seeing a confirmation of it. Pretty significant tidbit of information.

Seems pretty obvious this is why Khuzait rolls over everybody they fight (AI-wise), since just by virtue of their troop tree, they're going to have a higher percentage of mounted troops than anyone else. (which brings up another relevant question: in the context of AI auto-calc, does "cavalry ratio" include all mounted troops, including horse archers? Or does it only consider melee/lance cavalry?).

Last edited:
Kings usually take most of the towns for themselves. He hasn't taken any new town. At all.
Huh didn't even notice that lol I'm creating a fresh save and doing a time-lapse of just AI playing the game. I'm curious what results i will get if i just let the game go fast forward

Please look at Sturgian Cavalry's weak armor versus say Empire Cataphracts. The chest piece for Empire Cataphracts is 50/20/20 plus the heavy armor on the horse is nigh unstoppable vs spears. I hit that horse armor and i hear that blunt sound when my spear doesn't pierce the armor.

In addition the Sturgian Skirmisher cavalry with two bags of javelins are broken. They are categorized as regular Cavalry in the Formations menu(#3) and they behave the same as Lancers instead of behaving as Horse Archers until their javelins are all gone. The end result i see in many tests in Custom Battle is that Sturgian Cav have weak armor on the troops and on the horse, and are dying in melee combat with most of their javelins in the bag on their back. I walk around and look at all my dead Sturgian Cav and they lie there on ground with full bags of Javelins never thrown because they charge in like lancers instead of behaving like horse archers.

Sturgian Cavalry with the two bags of Javelins should be "Horse Archers"(#4) in Formations and should behave as Horse Archers until all their javelins or gone or until ordered to "Hold Fire"(F4) then charge(F1 + F3). In simulation I think Sturgian Cav are weak because because they're just weakly armored(Horse and riders) and javelins suck I guess in simulation.

When playing as Sturgian in Custom Battle or in Campaign I often see Sturgian infantry using Swords versus Cavalry with the spear on their Sturgian troop's back.

Last edited:
Equipment has no effect in simulations, devs have already confirmed it. Changing their equipment won't do anything to prevent them from getting snowballed.

Please look at Sturgian Cavalry's weak armor versus say Empire Cataphracts. The chest piece for Empire Cataphracts is 50/20/20 plus the heavy armor on the horse is nigh unstoppable vs spears. I hit that horse armor and i hear that blunt sound when my spear doesn't pierce the armor.
Mexxico explained above that their equipment in simulations doesn't do anything. I wonder if they could program something like Fire Emblem has... Spear beats sword, sword beats axe, axe beats spear etc

Back
Top Bottom