Resolved First Notable from towns not present in the recruitment window

Users who are viewing this thread

Kea Black

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I'm not sure if this is a issue introduced with some update, or if it was there from the start and I didn't noticed it till now [v1.3.1]

When you recruit from a town, the first notable of the town is not present in the recruitment window, so if a town has 3 notables, you'll be able to recruit from 2, if the town had 4 you will see only 3 notables, it seems that the missing one is always the first notable in the list visible in the upper part of the town screen, relation with the notable is irrelevant

Villages seems to not be affected

I was playing with a bunch of mod so first thing I've done was deactivating them and reloading a previous save, notable still missing
Started new game without mods, in case some data from the mods remained in the previous saves, notable still missing
Deleted all third party mods from the module folder, new game, notable still missing
Deleted official module and redownloaded them via steam, new game, notable still missing
Downgraded to version 1.2.1, new game, notable still missing
Upgraded to beta 1.4.0, new game, notable still missing
In case it was reserved only for the lord of the town, I loaded an old save in witch I was a noble and tried in my town, notable still missing

I've tried to search the forum for previous post with no luck (maybe I've serched for the wrong keywords, sorry if this is the case)

For what I can know it is working as intended, but it seems strange to me

If it's an artisan, artisan do not offer troops. I don't know why but there is only 6 types of notables allowing you to recruit troops, 2 are for villages only, and the 4 resting are Merchants, Bandits, Mercenaries and Preachers (Yeah the two last do not seem to spawn ... And preachers are even tagged as "special".
When town notables are generated the game check so that only one artisan is spawn at max in each while merchants and bandits can spawn in much great numbers.

So it looks like it's intended ... But it's hard to tell, they could simply have forgot the code ...

If it's an artisan, artisan do not offer troops. I don't know why but there is only 6 types of notables allowing you to recruit troops, 2 are for villages only, and the 4 resting are Merchants, Bandits, Mercenaries and Preachers (Yeah the two last do not seem to spawn ... And preachers are even tagged as "special".
When town notables are generated the game check so that only one artisan is spawn at max in each while merchants and bandits can spawn in much great numbers.

So it looks like it's intended ... But it's hard to tell, they could simply have forgot the code ...

thanks for sharing, didn't know that some type of notables where not supposed to have recruits

I will check if they were all artisans, but it seems reasonable for this to be the case

update, I have checked some towns, as before the first notables do not show up on recruitment window, they are labeled as "owner of artisans", I suppose this means they are of the artisan category, so this is the reason for their absence from the recruitment screen

can a dev clarify if it is supposed for artisan nobles to not give recruits or if it is an unintended behaviour?

Artisans do not have recruits :

vrMj7.png

This is intended.

Back
Top Bottom