I need help

Users who are viewing this thread

i only ever have my resolution and fullscreen settings change around on me i'm not quite sure why but to have all of your setting is very weird hopefully customer support gets back to you maybe you want to try talking to a dev on the forums or maybe even one of the community mods can help

right click configs folder> security tab
are permissions between SYSTEM and other Users different? It should be all allowed for everyone.

nope, all the same permissions

i only ever have my resolution and fullscreen settings change around on me i'm not quite sure why but to have all of your setting is very weird hopefully customer support gets back to you maybe you want to try talking to a dev on the forums or maybe even one of the community mods can help

I am playing with my laptop that sometimes overheats (Acer Predator Helios 300), this is a common problem for these laptop series. When I am putting lower graphics, the overheating stops, around 25 degree minus both on CPU an GPU, which is a big difference, I think.

But I change so many settings, for example combat system, hotkeys, video settings, gamma correction.I am doing this every time I enter the game and it takes a lot of time

Well, turn off windows defender first of all, it is crap even after all these years and get a dedicated anti virus program.
I can recommend BitDefender

And i am 99.9% sure Windows Defender is the problem here.

On configs folder I have only file called launcher data. nothing else

There should also be:

BannerlordConfig.txt -- gameplay options
BannerlordGameKeys.xml -- control bindings
engine_config.txt -- graphics and sound settings

So three out of four have not been created. If it was a permissions problem I don't think it would have even created one of them.

If it was me I'd try to create files manually in that directory, just to rule out permissions or disk problems. I'd also dig through the Windows Event Viewer for any Bannerlord related warnings/errors.

Well, turn off windows defender first of all, it is crap even after all these years and get a dedicated anti virus program.

wait windows defender is actually that bad i had no idea it caused that many issues so to go off topic

giphy.gif
IOx2NUp.gif
Windows-defender-in-action.gif

There should also be:

BannerlordConfig.txt -- gameplay options
BannerlordGameKeys.xml -- control bindings
engine_config.txt -- graphics and sound settings

So three out of four have not been created. If it was a permissions problem I don't think it would have even created one of them.

If it was me I'd try to create files manually in that directory, just to rule out permissions or disk problems. I'd also dig through the Windows Event Viewer for any Bannerlord related warnings/errors.

I don't have these files.

This is just not true these days. I regularly build and repair computers both at my job and for friends and family and windows defender is fine, and actually preferable to many other alternatives for gamers. You can google toms hardware or any other reputable source and they'll give you the run down, at worst you may get some false positives but for the most part windows defender performs roughly on par with a lot of the big names.

This is just not true these days. I regularly build and repair computers both at my job and for friends and family and windows defender is fine, and actually preferable to many other alternatives for gamers. You can google toms hardware or any other reputable source and they'll give you the run down, at worst you may get some false positives but for the most part windows defender performs roughly on par with a lot of the big names.
If that is actually the case then i am sorry for misinforming someone on here. I just have this picture of Windows Firewall on my mind for almost 2 decades now that Windows Firewall is absolute crap, and always went for a dedicated Anti-Virus software immediately when i got a new PC. And i never had any issues with a Virus in my life (except when i was around 12 and went on websites that i shouldn't went on for another 6 years)

If that is actually the case then i am sorry for misinforming someone on here. I just have this picture of Windows Firewall on my mind for almost 2 decades now that Windows Firewall is absolute crap, and always went for a dedicated Anti-Virus software immediately when i got a new PC. And i never had any issues with a Virus in my life (except when i was around 12 and went on websites that i shouldn't went on for another 6 years)

It definitely used to be utter ****e. But over the years they've become a respectable free anti-virus solution. The performance on older PC's can still be a bit lacking but usually as gamers it doesn't effect us too much as we generally have pretty good rigs in that regard and most anti-virus footprints will be negligible. I don't blame you for having a hate towards windows anti-virus though, in its early years it was terrible.

Have you tried creating files manually in the config folder, to see if it's possible, or dug around in the Windows Event Log as I suggested? It might take some exploration and some learning on your part; Windows is a complex thing and when it goes wrong it's not always easy to fix. I personally think this is a local Windows/PC problem rather than a Bannerlord problem, though Bannerlord could perhaps do a better job of notifying you of any file system errors it encounters that stops it from saving your changes.

Unfortunately I doubt there's a simple answer that anyone here will be able to give you. The issue you need to resolve is why those files aren't being created. If you have a friend who's familiar with Windows and who's willing to look at your system in person, that might be the best way for you to proceed.

Well, I already fully turned it off and it didn't help. So Win defender wasn't the case at all.
Robldux i contacted support about an acccount issue on the forums back on april 1st and didn't get a reply till the 17th so i would hope a community support member posts on the thread for quicker support probs just a lot of support cases to get through

Robldux i contacted support about an acccount issue on the forums back on april 1st and didn't get a reply till the 17th so i would hope a community support member posts on the thread for quicker support probs just a lot of support cases to get through

I already posted in support forum. It still shows "unsolved" cuz they didn't reach me out too.

Have you tried creating files manually in the config folder, to see if it's possible, or dug around in the Windows Event Log as I suggested? It might take some exploration and some learning on your part; Windows is a complex thing and when it goes wrong it's not always easy to fix. I personally think this is a local Windows/PC problem rather than a Bannerlord problem, though Bannerlord could perhaps do a better job of notifying you of any file system errors it encounters that stops it from saving your changes.

Unfortunately I doubt there's a simple answer that anyone here will be able to give you. The issue you need to resolve is why those files aren't being created. If you have a friend who's familiar with Windows and who's willing to look at your system in person, that might be the best way for you to proceed.

I don't know how to create these files manually, I am not that great. I googled it, I found some samples, put them in txt file, but nothing happened.

I already posted in support forum. It still shows "unsolved" cuz they didn't reach me out too.

I don't know how to create these files manually, I am not that great. I googled it, I found some samples, put them in txt file, but nothing happened.
Try deleting the mount ant blade folder in the documents and reinstall the game. Which version are you running?

Back
Top Bottom