This is an open letter, aimed at revealing the China censorship going on right now by the Chinese mods,TW should be report investigate progess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just let taleworlds do what they need to do in order to have access to China as a market. I don't mean to say I agree with the autocratic way of the Chinese government, but what good would it do taleworlds if MB2 got banned in China? Just because they didn't want to censor some chats? I'm not saying censorship is good, but maybe censorship is better than not being able to play the game at all.

Right, I agree that this was mishandled and @Younes123 already cleared things up for me. Still this is a mile away from grounds for accusing TW of conspiring with the Chinese government. The player named CCP Virus was clearly trolling.

fzrde.png

They way I see it this is what happened:

1) These people went to Chinese servers with the explicit purpose of trolling, flaming and picking up fights.
2) They were reported, and the admins wanted them gone so they reported them to TW for cheating (and this was the mistake from the admins, and TW who did not verify it properly. And yes this part is deserving of worry, but it has nothing to do with Chinese censorship).
3) Now this is being passed here as these gentlemen being poor victims of censorship, while in fact they are just trolls who got what they deserved (even if the reasons for their ban were technically wrong).

XyLLf.png

Potential victim? [CL]Roddy deserves all the bans he can get. @mikelao9374 how is this kind of behavior ok in your book?
Remind you that is a east asia server, but not chinese server.
Secondly, being toxic can be banned but where is the official multiplayer policy?

Remind you that is a east asia server, but not chinese server.
Secondly, being toxic can be banned but where is the official multiplayer policy?

Ok, my apologies and thank you for clarifying. I am not familiar with the official policy for MP, maybe someone else can pitch in there. I was unable to find it on the forum, which is weird and would make one think that there isn't one. If that is true they should definitely define one, and I agree that the lack of it is a problem (mostly because apparently people can't behave as normal human beings instead of being sociopaths on the internet. smh).

I would argue that the forum code of conduct is a good start though:

And replying your last sentence, at least two players had already been enforced censorship rules by Taleworlds, as Taleworlds "deal with bans with a good faith" but without make a fact check to those reports, which was reported by Chinese as political censorship but reporting them as a "cheater".
Exactly, taleworlds is in the wrong on that part. They did a big **** up trusting those admins without checking it

Ok, my apologies and thank you for clarifying. I am not familiar with the official policy for MP, maybe someone else can pitch in there. I was unable to find it on the forum, which is weird and would make one think that there isn't one. If that is true they should definitely define one, and I agree that the lack of it is a problem (mostly because apparently people can't behave as normal human beings instead of being sociopaths on the internet. smh).

Yes, I agree that it is a good start to construct the mulitplayer policy from forum rules.
Btw as nothing Taleworlds told us, I have mixed feelings.

Some people (including me) looking forward to Taleworlds to release any information, include:
1) published all banned list and their reasons
2) declare the relationship between the administrators of Chinese M&B forum and Taleworlds
3) declare what is "the problem", what is "the solutions"
4) announce processes of the investigation and the construction of policy

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that it is a good start to construct the mulitplayer policy from forum rules.
Btw as nothing Taleworlds told us, I have mixed feelings.

Some people (including me) looking forward to Taleworlds to release any information, include:
1) published all banned list and their reasons
2) declare the relationship between the administrators of Chinese M&B forum and Taleworlds
3) declare what is "the problem", what is "the solutions"
4) announce processes of the investigation and the construction of policy
xD This but seeing as they just released global mute option for admins to mute players, I'm guessing they just want to sweep this under the rug.

Just let taleworlds do what they need to do in order to have access to China as a market. I don't mean to say I agree with the autocratic way of the Chinese government, but what good would it do taleworlds if MB2 got banned in China? Just because they didn't want to censor some chats? I'm not saying censorship is good, but maybe censorship is better than not being able to play the game at all.
Technically they already have been banned, Chinese people in mainland China can get punished for talking/playing to foreigners in China, their is a very SMALL playerbase for chinese MAINLAND players right now, cause they gotta access the game illegally in their country. You probably didnt hear about it but the Great FireWall Of China got stricter. Look it up, The CCP got mad that people were protesting in the new Animal crossing game and enforced new laws against playing with Foreigners. https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3914357

I just quoted you so you can see Bannerlord isnt the only game the CCP has influence in. It's the exact same pattern as the Animal crossing game.

xD This but seeing as they just released global mute option for admins to mute players, I'm guessing they just want to sweep this under the rug.

Technically they already have been banned, Chinese people in mainland China can get punished for talking/playing to foreigners in China, their is a very SMALL playerbase for chinese MAINLAND players right now, cause they gotta access the game illegally in their country. You probably didnt hear about it but the Great FireWall Of China got stricter. Look it up, The CCP got mad that people were protesting in the new Animal crossing game and enforced new laws against playing with Foreigners. https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3914357

I just quoted you so you can see Bannerlord isnt the only game the CCP has influence in. It's the exact same pattern as the Animal crossing game.

It really isn't the same thing though. You can't put an activist using a game to fight for civil rights for his country on the same level as people who go to an Asian server to publicly insult all Chinese players. Come on now, let's be real.

Edit: also if anything your link seems to suggest no involvement at all from CCP in what happened with Bannerlord. If the Chinese government itself was involved Bannerlord would simply be banned from China.

Last edited:
It really isn't the same thing though. You can't put an activist using a game to fight for civil rights for his country on the same level as people who go to an Asian server to publicly insult all Chinese players. Come on now, let's be real.

Edit: also if anything your link seems to suggest no involvement at all from CCP in what happened with Bannerlord. If the Chinese government itself was involved Bannerlord would simply be banned from China.
You're totally missing the point and putting words in my mouth. Yes insulting Chinese players is bad but in reality they do it to foreigners more often than not as it's totally accepted to be racist in their country aslong as you arnt Racist to the Chinese. Not saying it is okay but hell Americans Trash talk people too its normal for a game it doesnt mean that the people who are banned for stating their political views should be over shadowed by this. If you want proof here https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/...ans-allegedly-given-for-violating-chinese-law I would show you reddit posts but some of them has been deleted cause one Bannerlord subreddit is deleting everything to do with this. You can probably find your own proof if you do your own research. Also the link is just to show you that this stuff do happen and Bannerlord is already banned in China. Their is just no news coming out of China that isnt the voice of the CCP, China has thrown out all foreign media except ones that support the CCP, which is very few. Here is proof of that law change https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3916690

From the article "Also, the new law will not allow for zombies and plagues, map editing, roleplaying, as well as organizing a union in games " Last time I checked Bannerlord will have map editing and could be used for roleplaying so yeah... So that means no mods for bannerlord i TW supports the CCP, Do you really want that? The game is already banned in China just to make myself clear. Do your own research and make up your own mind, and stop saying about the people who insult other players, This isnt about that.

From a hongkonger "
Chinese are abusing Canadian's Ideology. Chinese are using Canada and other western countries freedom of speech against our freedom
Ironic"

Also here is this about the law in more details too http://news.16p.com/865469.html "The game must not support global service" I'm afraid this game does.. Again its hard to find information about these things because foreign media is banned in China but the information is still out their

Last edited:
You're totally missing the point and putting words in my mouth. Yes insulting Chinese players is bad but in reality they do it to foreigners more often than not as it's totally accepted to be racist in their country aslong as you arnt Racist to the Chinese. Not saying it is okay but hell Americans Trash talk people too its normal for a game it doesnt mean that the people who are banned for stating their political views should be over shadowed by this. If you want proof here https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/...ans-allegedly-given-for-violating-chinese-law I would show you reddit posts but some of them has been deleted cause one Bannerlord subreddit is deleting everything to do with this. You can probably find your own proof if you do your own research. Also the link is just to show you that this stuff do happen and Bannerlord is already banned in China. Their is just no news coming out of China that isnt the voice of the CCP, China has thrown out all foreign media except ones that support the CCP, which is very few. Here is proof of that law change https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3916690

There is no evidence that TW is supporting CCP, you are grasping at straws. The techraptor article you link doesn't say anything more than what was already said on this thread and is entirely based on hearsay and conjecture, I read it earlier today. And all foreign games are technically banned in China since 2017, but that law is not actually enforced for most games (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...le-in-china-over-hong-kong-democracy-messages).

From the article "Also, the new law will not allow for zombies and plagues, map editing, roleplaying, as well as organizing a union in games " Last time I checked Bannerlord will have map editing and could be used for roleplaying so yeah... So that means no mods for bannerlord i TW supports the CCP, Do you really want that? The game is already banned in China just to make myself clear. Do your own research and make up your own mind, and stop saying about the people who insult other players, This isnt about that.

It literally is about that, since this thread was made for that specific case. In fact, we are both going off topic by talking about China censorship in general, and possibly crossing forum rules. If you are interested in continuing this conversation feel free to pm me, or open a thread in the off topic section were such things have more leeway. As for myself, I believe I said all that I had to say which was relevant to this thread.

You can't put an activist using a game to fight for civil rights for his country on the same level as people who go to an Asian server to publicly insult all Chinese players. Come on now, let's be real.

The boston massacre was instigated by drunks and trolls. Who cares what "level" you put them on? Is turning up your nose evidence?

There is no evidence that TW is supporting CCP, you are grasping at straws. The techraptor article you link doesn't say anything more than what was already said on this thread and is entirely based on hearsay and conjecture, I read it earlier today. And all foreign games are technically banned in China since 2017, but that law is not actually enforced for most games (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...le-in-china-over-hong-kong-democracy-messages).

It literally is about that, since this thread was made for that specific case. In fact, we are both going off topic by talking about China censorship in general, and possibly crossing forum rules. If you are interested in continuing this conversation feel free to pm me, or open a thread in the off topic section were such things have more leeway. As for myself, I believe I said all that I had to say which was relevant to this thread.
Please read the Fourm title it does not say revealing insulting players so no Im not derailing it I'm trying to reveal Chinas Censorship and you are trying to discredit everything.
"aimed at revealing the China censorship going on"
The techraptor article you link doesn't say anything more than what was already said on this thread and is entirely based on hearsay and conjecture

The article I showed you is the same news ( Its a very popular pro democracy news in taiwan probably the most read in taiwan) that tried to warn the world back in DECEMBER about the coronavirus but the world ignored them because of China.But okay one article in a news company that YOU don't like/support automatically discredits everything. Also the law in 2017 is totally different than this but thats okay too. What is your proof that China is not doing this? Im handing out proof/research but I dont see any research going on in your part.

Edit: Also how come we havnt heard any news about this?https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/banned-for-10years.420963/page-6 Is this person still banned? Whats the reasoning the moderators just closed it and said they have been reported for cheating by the Chinese admins. But you cant even prove they were cheating, infact their is NO proof that they were cheating and TW is just going by The Chinese words with out a PROPER investigation, I understand their is no 100% reliable proof for them doing this but their is none that doesnt say they are not doing this either and alot of things points out to they are doing this.
They even made their chinese fourm so you cant enter it without an Chinese IP anymore, if they are innocent than why are they deleting posts and blocking foreigners from entering their site?

Last edited:
You shouldn't worry about China censorship.

Because Steam China(a.k.a. Zhengqi Pingtai )
coming soooooooooooooooon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry but I have trouble believing your from hong kong, Most hongkongers I talk to hate the CCP, they wouldnt defend it at all, when protesters are getting locked up and tortured right now cause the west is too busy dealing with the coronavirus. Of course we would say something when you say live in bejing and trying to defend the communist actions, What I see is you trying to defend the communist actions and trying to put down the hongkongers and taiwanese. This is why I have trouble believing your from Hong Kong. You don't sound like a hongkonger to me. lmao. But I know its still possible you can be born in HK and support the CCP but I believe most Hong Kongers stand by the protesters (especially the young generations) am I right? You havnt said one bad thing about China as of yet which makes me sus.

You say you're not supporting any party but you're talking like a communist, Don't talk politics because its a game? Like no matter which game you go too their will be politics unless you go to a CHinese ONLY server where political freedom gets you banned. I'm sorry but their has ALWAYS been politics inside games. If you can't handle it you could always mute it but I think it's unfair to punish people who are excerising their political freedom even if its just a game. You could always hide the chat, If the game has a chat box their will ALWAYS be political comments, memes and what ever.. Unless you are on an Chinese Only server.. Like from your arguments I could say games are just for playing the devs should disable chat box for all players, that's pretty much what you are saying to me. To me you're supporting the communist by saying Politics should be kept outside of games lmao. Where are we suppose to go to talk about this? When all our fourms except this one it looks like, are getting locked. This is why the West is mad right now, We like political freedom even in games, and if your a Hong Konger you should appreciate it since your political freedom is under threat from the CCP.

Edit: Also I like how Im the only one who got my first post on this was deleted when even the moderator went off topic and talking about politics. It was removed for politics, this whole thread is politics I'm really confused. I guess cause I actually put proof on how Chinese CCP supporters can take advantage of TW's game.

As I said before, and I will say it to you again - I am not supporting any parties, I am saying what I have seen in server.

Do I put down Hong Kong people and Taiwanese? No, I never said that, I also suggested any Hong Kong and Taiwan player who insulted by other people to report that matter.

Do I defend communist action? No, you can review all my replies, please quote it if you found one.

Again, please carefully review what I have said and provide solid evidence for your accusation. If you insistently accusing me as a communist then you are totally out of your mind.

Edit: Btw, please stick to the topic.

You shouldn't worry about China censorship.

Because Steam China(a.k.a. Zhengqi Pingtai )
coming soooooooooooooooon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not for bannerlord though :razz: Pretty sure Chinese users will still use steam even when its out to play uncensored games :razz:

As I said before, and I will say it to you again - I am not supporting any parties, I am saying what I have seen in server.

Do I put down Hong Kong people and Taiwanese? No, I never said that, I also suggested any Hong Kong and Taiwan player who insulted by other people to report that matter.

Do I defend communist action? No, you can review all my replies, please quote it if you found one.

Again, please carefully review what I have said and provide solid evidence for your accusation. If you insistently accusing me as a communist then you are totally out of your mind.

Edit: Btw, please stick to the topic.
Most people (like Hongkongers and taiwanese) when they are insulted ignore it. Chinese mainlanders do not because they are thinned skinned and of their regime that says all Chinese mainlanders are the master race.

Sorry if your not a CCP supporter But I feel like you're the one trying to de-rail this thread and going off topic because this thread isnt about insulted players its about revealing the censorship going on. Which you arnt giving any proof to if this is happening or not by talking about insulted players. You're pretty much just saying don't talk politics in game which I don't agree with you.

Last edited:
Not for bannerlord though :razz: Pretty sure Chinese users will still use steam even when its out to play uncensored games :razz:

Most people (like Hongkongers and taiwanese) when they are insulted ignore it. Chinese mainlanders do not because they are thinned skinned and of their regime that says all Chinese mainlanders are the master race.

Sorry if your not a CCP supporter But I feel like you're the one trying to de-rail this thread and going off topic because this thread isnt about insulted players its about revealing the censorship going on. Which you arnt giving any proof to if this is happening or not by talking about insulted players. You're pretty much just saying don't talk politics in game which I don't agree with you.
I guess he is a Chinese because his ID appeared on the Chinese report thread as a evidence to those reports.

1) These people went to Chinese servers with the explicit purpose of trolling, flaming and picking up fights.

That is asia server which opens to all asian, not Chinese exclusive server, whats wrong with you.

2) but it has nothing to do with Chinese censorship.

You must be kidding, what he said isn't even insulting. This is internet, you cannot expect everything to be morally correct.

Potential victim? [CL]Roddy deserves all the bans he can get. @mikelao9374 how is this kind of behavior ok in your book?

Obviously [CL]Roddy was arguing with those Chinese. U/those Chinese were nitpicking some bad stuff he said. No way we could know what did Chinese say to him. This is ok in the internet (expect Chinese internet)

Also, please stop bringing up one and two examples to proof that Chinese censorship does not exist when there are dozens of players being banned.

Last edited:

Have you played in EA server? What does it feel like somebody spamming (Chinese virus and Ching Chong) in the whole game, and try to infuriate other players?

Does it undermine you gaming experience? or you will just ignore it?

Yes, we Hong Kongers ignored insults from others, however, did you ever live in a foreign western country for more than a year, such as the UK?

Have you experienced any racism towards your race, even you said you are from Hong Kong? That's why Hong Kong community was kind of minority in the UK.

I am not acting as a sympathiser for any party, but I strongly oppose racism under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Have you played in EA server? What does it feel like somebody spamming (Chinese virus and Ching Chong) in the whole game, and try to infuriate other players?

Yes, we Hong Kongers ignored insults from others, however, did you ever live in a foreign western country for more than a year, such as the UK?

Have you experienced any racism towards your race, even you said you are from Hong Kong?

I am not acting a sympathiser for any party, but I strongly oppose racism under any circumstances.
Actually I experienced Racism before In Canada. I once tryed to apply for a job and the application said "White people not to apply" You can't even say Merry christmas in Canada without offending someone. I visited China once, first impression I got was "Hey round eyes" And an attempt to get me scammed at one of their scam bars. And Honestly on the NA server people are doing this too but people ignore it.

Edit: And Im not a hong konger but Im connected to multiple hongkongers and we talk politics and stuff, I'm Canadian

Last edited:

Have you experienced any racism towards your race, even you said you are from Hong Kong? That's why Hong Kong community was kind of minority in the UK.

I am not acting as a sympathiser for any party, but I strongly oppose racism under any circumstances.

why you always trying to make people connect racism and ignore china censorship.

If you are really from HK, then u would know that Chinese like naming disease with other country. (HONG KONG FEET) Suddenly this becomes a big no no when Chinese are the victim, ironic.

As I said, I do not believe that you come from Hong Kong. When I am staying in Canada, Canadian know I am not Chinese once I spoke.Hong Kongers have distinct accient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom