Caravan Troops are not linked to each other via a troop tree, intentional?

Users who are viewing this thread

If you check armed traders and the many types of caravan guard you will notice they are not linked in any way to each other, was this a deliberate choice made to ensure Caravan parties will never upgrade their soldiers to higher tiers? If so I wonder what would happen if one modded them into a proper troop tree...

I believe is that way because there is no upgrade tree. They are created by and for caravans, and even though you can take them into your army / convert or receive via defeating someone who attached a caravan, you can't upgrade them.

Saruman took only the most average archers and cavalry from all the nations to breed into his economic dominating army of Armed traders and Caravan guards!

Seriously a AI caravan is tougher then most lord parties of equal size.

Vlandian, Aserai and Battanian caravan guards have same stats and gear as normal T5 units, now the other factions, specially Sturgia do have some beastly caravan guards

I believe is that way because there is no upgrade tree. They are created by and for caravans, and even though you can take them into your army / convert or receive via defeating someone who attached a caravan, you can't upgrade them.
I will probably change that in a mod... but again i dread the long hours it will take...

Saruman took only the most average archers and cavalry from all the nations to breed into his economic dominating army of Armed traders and Caravan guards!

The Aserai mounted archers with those 2 handed axes man I hate going up against them. I always lose at least a handful of top tier cavalry to them every time. I just stay away unless I really outnumber them.

If you check armed traders and the many types of caravan guard you will notice they are not linked in any way to each other, was this a deliberate choice made to ensure Caravan parties will never upgrade their soldiers to higher tiers? If so I wonder what would happen if one modded them into a proper troop tree...

The AI would upgrade them and caravans would never die again.

Either intentional or just lazy job.
Militia also don't upgrade into their own veteran version.

It is intentional. There are kingdom policies to get more veteran militiamen for your garrisons. If players or the AI could just upgrade them, none of them would matter.

It seems this is all intentional guys.

if you could upgrade caravan guards, attacking caravans and taking prisoners would be one of the best ways to get high end Cav, and I don’t believe that’s the intent

It is intentional. There are kingdom policies to get more veteran militiamen for your garrisons. If players or the AI could just upgrade them, none of them would matter.
But you can only get them if somebody beat militia(in garrison), take them prisoners and recruit and you either capture them and recruit or liberate them before AI recruit them.
You can't recruit them normally and I doubt it level up being in garrison or in village.
Veteran militia have pretty crazy skills for tier 4 and last time I checked Sturgian militia had chain mail when veteran militia have gambesons(should be other way).
Game is in EA stage and is full of bugs and lazy editing. Hard to tell sometimes what was intentional or what not or what devs intention was(not even mention that their intention could change in any part of development).
Its all fluid.

Back
Top Bottom