SP - General Level scaling for sold gear should be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
Just saying, this specifically hits progress more than anything else even after re-balancing leveling + attributes per level. It's the only thing that gets me enabling cheats, but it feels too unnatural, specially given the fact that a massive chunk of gear is simply unavailable in-game under non-cheating conditions.
Currently the best strategy is RNG based, and has you forcibly save-scumming to unlock certain smithing pieces to get somewhat decent weapons. But armor? Well, you don't even have access to it because it seems this ridiculous level scaling is glitched, leading to exploiting game mechanics by basically marrying some random noble to steal their gear (and it's basically a one-time-only deal on top of that). This should be removed entirely, I mean, what are we playing? Mount&Scrolls: Oblionlord?

Also, armor's still too ineffective....

yea im in the same boat as you, had to use cheats to get the armor i wanted, i tried being nice and waited till i had the money for the piece of armor i wanted then bought stuff = to that armor price and threw it away. it was extremely immersion breaking to see my bannerlords and such wearring plate armor and plate helms while me, the COMMANDER, is wearring rags and ****.

idk about this though since im wearing almost t6 armor (semi in the beginning) when my character isnt even close to being middle developed and famous. Same goes for armor buff atm. They have buffed both armor and health so much that your troops and enemies feels like walking sponge pinatas (even looters), Its alright as it is now since well we have to compromise for those who wanted it this way, but to have em more buffed would not be fun in my opinion. Also to be mention the tournaments how that would turn out to be..especially in the beginning.
Also combining this with you becoming a walking upgrading beast of your troops compared to your enemy generals, then youre becoming OP in the end since your army are now way much stronger because of this output rate along with you as an player doing player decisions and slaughtering.
But well you can find t6 armor in the beginning if thats what youre asking for ? However you cant afford it anyways without cheating so i see no point in it being more available except for window shopping

Last edited:
Better if you replace brute force with skill, this way you don’t need heavy armour for early game. :smile:
I RP you fool, if I wanna go gudz I just do a second playthrough on the starting pajamas, doesn't change **** to me... Though it's good to feel the progress of armor, and be able to use 2h only in a siege, for instance, by end-game... So yeah, good try

idk about this though since im wearing almost t6 armor (semi in the beginning) when my character isnt even close to being middle developed and famous. Same goes for armor buff atm. They have buffed both armor and health so much that your troops and enemies feels like walking sponge pinatas (even looters), Its alright as it is now since well we have to compromise for those who wanted it this way, but to have em more buffed would not be fun in my opinion. Also to be mention the tournaments how that would turn out to be..especially in the beginning.
Also combining this with you becoming a walking upgrading beast of your troops compared to your enemy generals, then youre becoming OP in the end since your army are now way much stronger because of this output rate along with you as an player doing player decisions and slaughtering.
But well you can find t6 armor in the beginning if thats what youre asking for ? However you cant afford it anyways without cheating so i see no point in it being more available except for window shopping

Well, quality and type should be accounted, it is not. It's too cheesy hollywood fantasy style to me... Swords cleaving through mail, yeah... All in all I think t6 troops must be what they were in WB, which is DMG SPONGES. It's only normal. If you've got addicted to the new "no-armor" feel of early bannerlord is not our fault, it's still wrong. Armor types must have different soaking capabilities against certain weapon types. Swords must be "useless" unless they are extremely heavy (like great swords) in a battle against armored enemies. Spears, Maces, Polearms are what you'd use on armored enemies, so they should be more effective against armor. Polearms must have a bonus underlying blund-dmg/piercing-dmg to compensate for the simplicity of "blund-pierce-cut". Then everything would be pristine. I mean, even VC has better dmg balancing (and it's already a much lower soaking due to lacking plate). Again, 1257ad has the best most realistic achievable dmg "system" WB could give. BL could use that, and balance around it, not balance it to fit whims... Realistically a single full plate knight could easily dispatch massive amounts of demented brigands who'd try to attack the guy.... Again, plate-armored well trained troops were like the medieval equivalent of a tank. How do you balance that? Well, make this sort of troop scarce and extremely expensive, done deal

Last edited:
Well, quality and type should be accounted, it is not. It's too cheesy hollywood fantasy style to me... Swords cleaving through mail, yeah... All in all I think t6 troops must be what they were in WB, which is DMG SPONGES. It's only normal. If you've got addicted to the new "no-armor" feel of early bannerlord is not our fault, it's still wrong. Armor types must have different soaking capabilities against certain weapon types. Swords must be "useless" unless they are extremely heavy (like great swords) in a battle against armored enemies. Spears, Maces, Polearms are what you'd use on armored enemies, so they should be more effective against armor. Polearms must have a bonus underlying blund-dmg/piercing-dmg to compensate for the simplicity of "blund-pierce-cut". Then everything would be pristine. I mean, even VC has better dmg balancing (and it's already a much lower soaking due to lacking plate). Again, 1257ad has the best most realistic achievable dmg "system" WB could give. BL could use that, and balance around it, not balance it to fit whims... Realistically a single full plate knight could easily dispatch massive amounts of demented brigands who'd try to attack the guy.... Again, plate-armored well trained troops were like the medieval equivalent of a tank. How do you balance that? Well, make this sort of troop scarce and extremely expensive, done deal

Yeah i came to terms with it as an better feature in some degree and in some areas when it comes to armor. And that its okish for now even if my troops are very OP later on since i can put out so many high tier troops faster then my enemy and with those armors and HP they dont stand a chance.

Can also agree that some weapons should be better against armor and higher cutting damage should be better against flesh

Just saying, this specifically hits progress more than anything else even after re-balancing leveling + attributes per level. It's the only thing that gets me enabling cheats, but it feels too unnatural, specially given the fact that a massive chunk of gear is simply unavailable in-game under non-cheating conditions.
Currently the best strategy is RNG based, and has you forcibly save-scumming to unlock certain smithing pieces to get somewhat decent weapons. But armor? Well, you don't even have access to it because it seems this ridiculous level scaling is glitched, leading to exploiting game mechanics by basically marrying some random noble to steal their gear (and it's basically a one-time-only deal on top of that). This should be removed entirely, I mean, what are we playing? Mount&Scrolls: Oblionlord?

Also, armor's still too ineffective....
I cheat my armor once i get married and call it a wedding gift the in laws don't want me dying and leaving their daughter a widow eh lol.
I just enable cheats and then open the invenotry because i can't be arsed waiting an in game century for it to show up.
Also just started using the Armor does something mod and loving it.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/129

I cheat my armor once i get married and call it a wedding gift the in laws don't want me dying and leaving their daughter a widow eh lol.
I just enable cheats and then open the invenotry because i can't be arsed waiting an in game century for it to show up.
Also just started using the Armor does something mod and loving it.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/129
yeah, I'll look into that one, I've used 2 armor mods already, one I've hated, the other didn't hate it but felt too OP...

Yeah i came to terms with it as an better feature in some degree and in some areas when it comes to armor. And that its okish for now even if my troops are very OP later on since i can put out so many high tier troops faster then my enemy and with those armors and HP they dont stand a chance.

Can also agree that some weapons should be better against armor and higher cutting damage should be better against flesh

That's why, idk, 4 years ago I've suggested to TW that they'd make a recruiting system similar to that of 1257ad (again)... Their lances system basically balances out these issues... You can't "produce" nobles like a factory, it's limited by the size of your lands (obviously, quite realistic), and they'll stay within the levies... If they turn into veterans, they're that, veterans, stay in the levy... hahaha
Raising the armies there was really expensive, so you were encouraged to leave your lances home, if bringing troops, just a handful for safety. A system like that programmed from ground up would do wonders for M&B... I've sadly hoped that they'd take that mod's example as inspiration, I was wrong...

...if I wanna go gudz... Though it's good to feel the progress..., by end-game...

But but but is true, if you go gudz armour isn’t an issue.

Honestly I haven’t found an issue with being under-armoured throughout the game progression. If unlucky with armour loot, then town trade always has something to keep you on par with your level.

But but but is true, if you go gudz armour isn’t an issue.

Honestly I haven’t found an issue with being under-armoured throughout the game progression. If unlucky with armour loot, then town trade always has something to keep you on par with your level.
go for realistic dmg, pickup 2h sword, try to use it in a siege, you'll not survive 30 seconds after climbing the walls, and if you try without a Siege Tower, you won't be able to even make it to the walls themselves.

go for realistic dmg, pickup 2h sword, try to use it in a siege, you'll not survive 30 seconds after climbing the walls, and if you try without a Siege Tower, you won't be able to even make it to the walls themselves.

At the moment commanding sieges isn’t viable (using commands) and not a good example or reference, I’ll assume Dev’s are working on this.

The game is about command too, not trying to take the whole enemy force on your own, it’s about commanding your army and working alongside your troops to win the day. When this is accomplish armour to level ratio isn’t an issue here either.

At the moment commanding sieges isn’t viable (using commands) and not a good example or reference, I’ll assume Dev’s are working on this.

The game is about command too, not trying to take the whole enemy force on your own, it’s about commanding your army and working alongside your troops to win the day. When this is accomplish armour to level ratio isn’t an issue here either.
current commanding meta is overly simplistic, it bores me. So I usually command and wreck dozens of troops at the same time, much less tedious hahaha

I should make a video of my "berserker charges" with hoplite like openings. Throw **** while running, get into the midst with a 2h axe to smash some skulls, make 30 enemies run in fear... Nothing more satisfying than that

current commanding meta is overly simplistic, it bores me. So I usually command and wreck dozens of troops at the same time, much less tedious hahaha

I should make a video of my "berserker charges" with hoplite like openings. Throw **** while running, get into the midst with a 2h axe to smash some skulls, make 30 enemies run in fear... Nothing more satisfying than that

Well just watch out overextending and being ****ed in the open by archers ^^ classic berserker mistake haha But pls share when you do :smile:

Last edited:
yeah ^^ should had fallen back to the main force and used their shields or ambushed by the trees on the left flank but the sight of blood got the best of me

Back
Top Bottom