[Armor] This may sound a bit Nitpicky but the values make no sense

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
Ok, I was, this time around, fiddling with item cheat menu, I've noticed some pretty bad patterns... Like sleeveless armor having the same Arm rating as a full mail on "arm", long armor having less leg protection than short armor.
Fully covered mail chausses having less armor than "Chevallier Mail Boots" which are not fully covered by mail.
Some random "hollywoodian" fur&leather armor bracer having more armor than a ****ing mail gauntlet. So on so forth.

I think those things should be corrected, currently they don't make any sense at all...

Also, it seems many t5 blades for Smith have less dmg than t1/t2 blades (completely ridiculous)

And since I'm here, I've noticed that the "Warlord" whatever, gauntlets from Battania have glitched textures for male character, idk why.

Yep armour values are all a bit bonkers to the models or indeed logic. Luckily as armour seems to make very little difference in this compared to warband or it's in game cost you can go with what looks good (Hence my character and companions always seems to end up in the white plumed 28pt Khuzait helm as if nothing else it helps them stand out in most fights). Plus what are the odds of ever finding the high tier stuff anyway ; )
Personally I think make sure every faction has access to it's own more or less equal tiers armour regardless of what protection they look like they would actually provide is the way to go as otherwise some factions (looking at you here Battians) would be mainly screwed considering how light their armour looks compared to other factions. Not realistic but it keeps things more balanced and also gives players a few options in terms of how they want to look when armoured up.

I wonder if this is left over from multi player trying to equalize all the units but have them look different.....
In general I'm very unsatisfied by the amount and effect of armor. But it's in a long list of things that aren't an urgent issue but "you're gonna have to re-write this part and turn it in two weeks before the semesters over if you want any credit for it."
It's okay if BL ends up with a C+ but I know they can get an A+if they just prioritize main features and then really listen to what stuff is just not sitting well with players.

Well that stuff can be fixed with mods, but when they add plate armor it better have 80 defence.

There is armor in the game that is labeled as plate, though most of the pieces don't look like plate. In the items file there is a class of armor known as plate. Most of the top tier pieces are technically plate. Only the helmets look like the plate armor most of you are thinking of.

Additionally, the best armor never shows up for sale in game and most people have never seen it in their playthroughs.

There is armor in the game that is labeled as plate, though most of the pieces don't look like plate. In the items file there is a class of armor known as plate. Most of the top tier pieces are technically plate. Only the helmets look like the plate armor most of you are thinking of.

Additionally, the best armor never shows up for sale in game and most people have never seen it in their playthroughs.

I looked into this after posting, and it seems devs won't add actual proper plate armor, which is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Medieval game about combat and no plate armor. I guess if they stick to this "early middle ages" idea, then they probably made all armor weak by design, which would also be incredibly stupid if it's intentional lol. I tested the best armors in the game using the cheat option, and it still protects way less than high end armor in warband.

Back
Top Bottom