1.3.0 broke my "mod" which is a simple test i did with spitems adding a couple of items

Users who are viewing this thread

it worked without any issues right up to the 1.3.0 updated
I checked the files and i do not see any difference between the format of the items i made and the ones in game
just in case it wasn't clear its just a module with the spitems xml with two new items

Does anyone have any idea whats going on ?
Did this happen to anyone else ?

I had issues if I used the name spitems xml in the submod I had to change the file name to something else
This was not the problem (though thanks for the advice)
Seems like every weapon / Object i have that has the thrust_speed rating crashes the game (i put a lot of effort in understanding what crashes the game and what does not)
Some items load without issues but the ones containing that variable crash
The thing is , i checked the original spitems and they still have that value in it , maybe i am missing something
Perhaps there is a max value ?
How can i check without a lot of trial and error ( i am a parent and i work too so doing this is not very easy)

The thing is , that without Thrust damage , a bow will not fire

I think i found the problem - there seems to be a max value for thrust_speed
When i put it at 99 the game crashes
When i put it at 89 it works fine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This was not the problem (though thanks for the advice)
Seems like every weapon / Object i have that has the thrust_speed rating crashes the game (i put a lot of effort in understanding what crashes the game and what does not)
Some items load without issues but the ones containing that variable crash
The thing is , i checked the original spitems and they still have that value in it , maybe i am missing something
Perhaps there is a max value ?
How can i check without a lot of trial and error ( i am a parent and i work too so doing this is not very easy)

The thing is , that without Thrust damage , a bow will not fire

I think i found the problem - there seems to be a max value for thrust_speed
When i put it at 99 the game crashes
When i put it at 89 it works fine

To bug find at that depth you need to use something like dnspy and look at the official ddl file. I thinks its deserialise is were they load the xml files and parse the data into the game objects

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom