? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

One important advice tho: each individual post has a limit of 40k characters, and it takes into account all the BBcode ones, spaces and everything, it fills up faster than you'd expect. I highly suggest asking a couple of individuals here to delete their posts (since you havent "reserved" one) that stand in between your OP and your first next post or 2, so you can connect 2-3 posts in case of need.

Not needed anymore, in the new forums we can now make space for him, he just needs to ask :smile:

I don't really get into all the details of each patch, but by a glance i see the commitment to make this thread a hub for hotfixes, very well done.

One important advice tho: each individual post has a limit of 40k characters, and it takes into account all the BBcode ones, spaces and everything, it fills up faster than you'd expect. I highly suggest asking a couple of individuals here to delete their posts (since you havent "reserved" one) that stand in between your OP and your first next post or 2, so you can connect 2-3 posts in case of need.
By the looks of it, you will need it very soon, unless you wouldn't mind deleting some very old patches info from the tabels.

I speak from experience, happened to me once, at the worst moment ?
My first long thread so thank you for letting me know!

Not needed anymore, in the new forums we can now make space for him, he just needs to ask :smile:
I didn't know this, then I would like to ask for maybe one or two reserved comments under the main thread please?
Thank you!

Loving the new 1.4 new start no mods.. nice work. I seen from the start many of the wanderers are not in the towns that it says there in.after going there its saying they are there but are not ... they are in the game as i have found them now and when i did find them it still says they were in a different town. this is not all wanderers this was just at the start of the game i no they move around once game starts just letting you no.

UPDATED 07/05/2020 for Beta 1.4.0 and Main 1.3.0

As always, let me know if any issue arise with this specific patch and if some of the new content doesn't work as intended!

Add +100 militia from Castellan Office lvl 3 leading to impossible to capture castles with 2k+ militia.

Edit: it's new in 1.4.0 beta

As always, let me know if any issue arise with this specific patch and if some of the new content doesn't work as intended!
From my own experiences (quote below) and from threads in this forum, projectile damage has increased to ridiculous levels. It might have been a change to piercing damage's armor negation or how velocity affects damage calculation.

Do the javelins seem even more powerful in 1.4? Before, with no throwing skill, I dealt about 40-60 damage per average javelin. Now I can hit someone in the chest and 1-hit KO them 70% of the time (90-120 damage). Hit them in the head and it's about 150-200 damage! I never fight mountain bandits or sea raiders anymore. They are 1-hit KOing all my tier 6 troops! Before they could survive at least a single hit from a javeline. Its even worse when commanding a large battle and a random javelin nicks my elbow and deals 70 damage if not KOs me, making my troops go on a suicidal charge.

Screenshot of Throwing weapons dealing ABSURD damage after patch 1.4. Note that my throwing skill is 23 and that the javelins are only tier 2. Also with good armor I was dealt 83 damage by by a javelin in the arm while backpedaling. This is possibly a change in calculation in how much velocity affects damage calculation, because I did notice a change in damage dealt with melee piercing weapons, so it might not be a pierce calculation problem (maybe?). This damage was all dealt ON FOOT!
7fXHqnj.png

EDIT: Looks like this was fixed in the hotpatch.

Last edited:
3000+ troops... for a castle?! Where would they even all fit in?

Garrison rising is fixed in hotfix but if You use a save where they already raised to those numbers there's another bug confirmed by Dev mexxico that prevents militia from dropping even with negative value in daily militia change. You need to wait for them to fix it or just kill those bastards xD

I looked first and didn't see a post so I apologize if brought up. The red,yellow and green marker to show if your making a profit with items granted with lvl 25 trade perk doesn't work,. It worked with all previous version s is new to 1.4 While not vital like workshop crashes, TY for hotfixing BTW, it is important for the many people who like the trading aspect of the game and would love to see fixed sooner rather than later. Thank you for all the hard work.

Not sure where to best register this concern; here is a link to a new thread under "Feedback and Suggestions: Campaign" (did not want to spam this thread with a giant post/rant :smile: ). https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...cost-changes-not-wild-pendulum-swings.422846/

TL;DR version: It's about balancing methodology more holistically. I definitely appreciate the push to tighten balance, improve the satisfying challenge of cost/benefit player choices by limited resources in various currencies, etc. But I also basically like the game. And I'm concerned that a balance team that's willing to make huge pendulum swings in nerfs/buffs (e.g. 90%, vs., say 9%, nerf to influence value of donated prisoners in 1.4 beta) may not be restrained enough to avoid needless game-breaking balancing errors. Even if it's beta, it's hard to see how a 90% nerf of anything could produce predictable, measurable results.

Just found another bug in my current game where everytime i hire a companion or even press the clan tab, the game just shuts down in Beta 1.4. This is after the recent hotfix. Makes zero sense. I put 20 hours into this save and would have liked to continue it,

Just found another bug in my current game where everytime i hire a companion or even press the clan tab, the game just shuts down in Beta 1.4. This is after the recent hotfix. Makes zero sense. I put 20 hours into this save and would have liked to continue it,
Beta is expected to have the occasional gamebreaker, chuck it into the bugs thread so the devs take notice

Back
Top Bottom