Clan Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

clanwarrior.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Battania Clan Warrior in this thread.

The axe perk is definitely not worth picking as you can get some improved armor and reach the Wildling armor rating. The shield being a perk is all right for light infantry. I'd give it a spear by default, though, if the small shield is to be kept as a perk. It needs anti-cav as the class is usually selected in the player's second life of a round and gets stomped down by remaining enemy cavalry with ease (bumping also does around ~20 damage on this unit with improved armor).

In Captains Mode, a two-handed weapon would be a good addition to the Clan Warrior. Something similar to the two-handed ax like Sturgian Warriors carry would do fine. I'm sure you are all very aware but Battania's over all damage dealing potential is considerably lower than the other factions in Captains Mode.

A two-handed weapon would be a good addition to the Clan Warrior. Something similar to the two-handed ax like Sturgian Warriors carry would do fine. I'm sure you are all very aware but Battania's over all damage dealing potential is considerably lower than the other factions.
which gamemode are we talking about? They got a 110 savage that already fills the 2h role.

Captains Mode. Thanks for that. I'll update my reply.
why dont you think the savage can do damage? The clan warrior might just need a bigger unit size aswell? Making them into trash light unit mob thats weak against archers due to their small shield and cav. But they are capeable of taking out mace infantry for example.

I'm not talking about the Savage, I am talking about the Clan Warrior.

It is beneficial to have different two-handed units. Such as Sturgian warriors with 2h ax and Berzerkers. Or Vlandian Peasants w/ billhooks and Volgiers.

Love this class. Out of all the 1st classes, it is my favorite. Throwing weapons all need a nerf, but i would make an exception with the throwing spear. The fact we need to give up shield in order to throw a powerful spear makes this class interesting, along with its movement speed. Do not change it please.

Well this class is only OP if you take that mace weapon. The whole point is that speed differences between similar weapons are insane. Compare vlandia mace with Empire mace... Empire loses 100% of time no kidding its just tooo slow.. kind of funny because the weapon looks the same

I don’t know why anyone thought this class needed a nerf. The targe this thing gets now instead of the round shield is comically small.

Even worse it used to have that small shield by default and had option to a large oval shield like the Oathsworn and Wildling, why they removed that I have no idea, it genuinely felt like a proper decent class then.

I love playing this class, and it doesn't feel OP in itself, but it's probably the strongest peasant-tier class of all. The club you can get is ridiculously fast and strong, and the pike makes him a menace against cavalry too.

The only reason I bring this up, is because it seems Battania just have the all-round best choices for classes. You have this beast of a peasant, you have the only proper medium-infantry in the game that also has access to javelins, a deadly 2handed class, one of the best (not sure if true, but it feels great to play) heavy infantry, a good light-archer and a monster shock/heavy archer. I suppose their cavalry is lacking but they can still work wonders when the enemy team has to deal with this line-up to begin with.

Basically just wondering what Battania's weakness is, because it certainly feels like there's an answer to every problem you face, and it would've been awesome to design the rest of the factions in a similar way.

Out of curiosity, why did we drop the Throwing Spear? Clans were the most interesting peasant class in Captain mode. It makes no sense at all in Captain to have the option of either an inferior spear or a superior pike, since they have no option to start with a spear and a shield.

Any chance they could get a sling to replace the spear if they are not allowed to have throwing spear!?! :love:

Out of curiosity, why did we drop the Throwing Spear? Clans were the most interesting peasant class in Captain mode. It makes no sense at all in Captain to have the option of either an inferior spear or a superior pike, since they have no option to start with a spear and a shield.

Any chance they could get a sling to replace the spear if they are not allowed to have throwing spear!?! :love:
I agree that the sling would be nice. Regarding getting rid of the throwing spear, having a one shot weapon on a peasant class was OP for the other 3 gamemodes.

Regarding the Targe, I wonder if it'd be possible to change its damage type to piercing and bump its shove damage up slightly. Targes were much as much of a weapon as they were a means to deflect sword hits.

Regarding the Targe, I wonder if it'd be possible to change its damage type to piercing and bump its shove damage up slightly. Targes were much as much of a weapon as they were a means to deflect sword hits.
Spike/bladed shields get brought up every once in a while, and immediately devolve into "nuh-uh that's just in D&D because I watched history channel and they said so, DID YOU KNOW VIKINGS DIDN'T WEAR HORNED HELMETS".

Giving a 1-2 point damage boost with piercing damage would be super fun, yes.

Back
Top Bottom