This is an open letter, aimed at revealing the China censorship going on right now by the Chinese mods,TW should be report investigate progess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if your mods have the power to ban, I'd understand your puzzlement. As far as I understood your system (correct me, if I'm wrong there) your mods can only report and your admins at TW, outside reach of the PRC government, are looking over these reports, having, as you guys said yourself, put good faith into the reports and administered the bans, because obviously, before the outrage came, they had no warning sign that PRC-chinese game mods would report for political reasons.

So, if I'm right and moderators can only report, not ban, the solution would be rather simple, namely the one I suggested: Don't hire in Mainland China but in the RoC or hire people, who learned Chinese, outside of China, who can take over these moderator jobs.
Firstly, we moderators do not have any power on servers. We are players as you all are (I am a moderator on a subforum and I just state my opinion here). Secondly, all players can report a cheater or a troll and, if many reports come in, the team would take action. I do not blame the team, I do not blame the ones that reported, it is just how it works right now and TW is working on this system to be more effective, as per the posts of the admins.

But it still cannot explain the fact that some player was banned without cheating.
And if there are someone in dev team is in charge of those bans, and accept the report who without cheating but reported as cheater, then this guy in my opinion should be punished (For me, the best case is to be fired).
Regarding this, it is very hard to check if a player was cheating(that is why the latest update with the anti-cheat system were released). But imagine yourself as a dev that just seen reports of a cheater. If you see one, you would ignore it, two, well, if they don't have proof, again, ignore. Three reports, this is where it gets tough. All in all, I would urge you all to please await for a response from the dev team and keep the discussion pertinent, not throw accusations from one side to another, and try to be constructive on this matter with valuable arguments.If you all keep insulting each other, this topic will be locked like the ones before it.
Thus... keep it civilized and leave the insults at the door.

Regarding this, it is very hard to check if a player was cheating(that is why the latest update with the anti-cheat system were released). But imagine yourself as a dev that just seen reports of a cheater. If you see one, you would ignore it, two, well, if they don't have proof, again, ignore. Three reports, this is where it gets tough.

And I guess that's why someone suggest Taleworlds to declare their multiplayer server policy first. Because in my opinion, whatever the amount of reports received, dev should only make bans when they have enough evidence to show who is cheating and how. Especially if the amount as you said is huge, it means that many cheaters are in multiplayer servers, then it must be much more easier to prepare to record a video who cheats and what kind of cheats they use. This also help devs and the anti-cheat system to improve.

Edit: In my experience, many cheaters come from China. (Reference: )

Last edited:
And I guess that's why someone suggest Taleworlds to declare their multiplayer server policy first. Because in my opinion, whatever the amount of reports received, dev should only make bans when they have enough evidence to show who is cheating and how. Especially if the amount as you said is huge, it means that many cheaters are in multiplayer servers, then it must be much more easier to prepare to record a video who cheats and what kind of cheats they use. This also help devs and the anti-cheat system to improve.
That is why the anti-cheat update. We have it now and now we can see what actually happens.

EDIT: cheaters come from every place of this earth.

That is why the anti-cheat update. We have it now and now we can see what actually happens.

errrrr... So you mean devs ban players without any evidence provided before?
Because when devs dealing with reports without the assist by anti-cheat system, there should(or need to) have a fact check state inside the whole ban flow.

Edit: But the highest percentage that where cheaters come from is China after statistics.

Last edited:
Reducing political bans from 10 years to 1 week doesn't make sense. If there is no fault from the player, there is no reason they get a ban, even a 1 week ban.
You need to adress this issue correctly, you're currently handling it very poorly.

Firstly, we moderators do not have any power on servers. We are players as you all are (I am a moderator on a subforum and I just state my opinion here). Secondly, all players can report a cheater or a troll and, if many reports come in, the team would take action. I do not blame the team, I do not blame the ones that reported, it is just how it works right now and TW is working on this system to be more effective, as per the posts of the admins.

Regarding this, it is very hard to check if a player was cheating(that is why the latest update with the anti-cheat system were released). But imagine yourself as a dev that just seen reports of a cheater. If you see one, you would ignore it, two, well, if they don't have proof, again, ignore. Three reports, this is where it gets tough. All in all, I would urge you all to please await for a response from the dev team and keep the discussion pertinent, not throw accusations from one side to another, and try to be constructive on this matter with valuable arguments.If you all keep insulting each other, this topic will be locked like the ones before it.
Thus... keep it civilized and leave the insults at the door.

Thank you, and the dev team.

Higher percent may be from china but I suggest you check the second after china, and the third, and the next. Also the anti cheat system is the steam anti-cheat system.

When I was admin on IG Battlegrounds in Warband some 9 years ago I did not give 10 years ban. I gave permanent bans (it was private server, but none-the-less).

Higher percent may be from china but I suggest you check the second after china, and the third, and the next. Also the anti cheat system is the steam anti-cheat system.

When I was admin on IG Battlegrounds in Warband some 9 years ago I did not give 10 years ban. I gave permanent bans (it was private server, but none-the-less).

I'm not sure why you suddenly remind us you did not give 10 years ban but permanent ban at 9 years ago in Warband, but as the status the thread arguing about political bans, and this may not be a good move in my opinion. It may lead someone to make a connect between political bans and the ban you made in Warband.

I'm not sure why you suddenly remind us you did not give 10 years ban but permanent ban at 9 years ago in Warband, but as the status the thread arguing about political bans, and this may not be a good move in my opinion. It may lead someone to make a connect between political bans and the ban you made in Warband.
I made that post to emphasize on what a ban can entail on private servers. It was a bit out of context to be honest (since the bans were given for cheating and/or excessive/repeated trolling) and I was a bit out of the topic but then again I had no other example. The thing is, in my opinion, politics and games should not be in the same pot. Unfortunately, lately, they are.
It all depends on the people in the end.

TaleWorlds, the developer of M&B2, gave the server administrative rights to Chinese admins. Now, the Chinese admins are abusing this right to impose censorship similar to what Chinese government do to its people. Any in game IDs that is deemed sensitive by the Chinese will be reported. But not rightfully as inappropriate IDs, rather it is reported as cheating. This has already resulted in some players being banned for up to 10 years. Details and evidence can be found in the sections below.

I suspect that this because the Chinese admins fear that if there are too many anti Chinese government stuff in MP the Chinese government would just ban Bannerlord in China altogether. I mean this happened to a tons of games before. Many games avoid this by providing a separate server for the Chinese players, in which they allow censorship like this so that their games don't get banned by the Chinese government so the Chinese players are still able to play them, while make sure the players from rest of the world don't get poisoned by these kinds of pointless censorship. IMO TW should do something similar to this.This is not a perfect solution but it at least makes sure everyone gotta be able to play this game, and prevent every player from suffering bull****s like this.

It sucks to see that players just as equally passionate from the other part of this world have to deal with ****s like this.

EDIT: cheaters come from every place of this earth.

Yeah, I once feriously believed too "The Chinese can't be that different than any other gamer community in that regard".
But then I saw these statistics (presented in the video posted above), I read an article about an interview with a chinese gamer, who openly admitted, that most players in China are cheating, because they're tought from a young age, that they have progress on a career ladder, have to surpass and outrank their competition with any means necessary. For many Chinese this seems to mean cheating.

I mean statistics from BattleEye can't possibly lie. Yeah cheaters exist everywhere, in the case of PuBG, if 99% of banned accounts for cheating came from China, then there is 1% from the rest of the world obviously and surely PuBG is a rare case with a clear tendency, with other games having more mixed cheater communities. But it wouldn't surprise me, if in other popular games (which are popular in the Western World and in Asia) a majority of cheaters are from China too.

If the Chinese Gamer from that one article is right, it is also only partially their fault, it's the circumstances in which they're raised, the spirit they're raised with.

If parents in e.g. France would do the very same, there'd probably be a huge mass of french cheaters too.

Let's be realistic: TW can't change the PRC regime and what judicial pressure it exerts on its people.
If chinese mods (and some players) spam the TW Admins with falsified cheating reports which in truth are reports for political censorship reasons, you can't expect them to change that behaviour. After all, if they don't report such players, they probably fear to get themselves arrested for tolerating "Propaganda against the state" or something similar like that, so they'll probably keep up with this.

Hence I support the idea that the best thing for the whole community, wether PRC or somewhere else, would be to put the Mainland Chinese on their own server and that they can only join this PRC server.
Than they don't get in conflict with their own regime, TW can keep earning money in Mainland China and players from elsewhere don't get falsely reported and suppressed in their freedom of speech.

I suspect that this because the Chinese admins fear that if there are too many anti Chinese government stuff in MP the Chinese government would just ban Bannerlord in China altogether.

The reason of why the "peoples" from China obsessed to push the censorship everywhere is not because of "Fear"
The actual reason is 100% opposite and simple, they just loved it

I spotted some errors in the translation from the google doc you posted, here are some corrections:
  • On multiple pages, the admin says “已受理”, which is closer to something like "we have receive your report and will investigate it", not "your report has been accepted". The admin didn't mentioned whether or not it was accepted.
  • Again on multiple pages, the admin says "收到", which is essentially "received" (their request), not "acknowledged" or "approved". You made it looks like the admin has approved everything they reported, even though the admin seems to approve them eventually.
  • On pages 5, ”港独“ is a word for Hongkongers that want independence of Hong Kong, with a much stronger political connotation than just "Hongkongers". This word is often used by state media or CCP aligned media against Honkongers who are pro-independence.
Beside these I haven't spotted any other major errors yet.

The reason of why the "peoples" from China obsessed to push the censorship everywhere is not because of "Fear"
The actual reason is 100% opposite and simple, they just loved it
Wow that's a very presumptuous statement. So you are basically saying that everyone from China like censorship and want to push it to other places, and according to my knowledge by no mean is that true. You gotta understand that you can only see these assholes want to push this censorship to elsewhere because other voices are oppressed. The vast majority of the people of China don't like this censorship.

source: Am Chinese myself and have spend quite some years there. Two of my close relatives were in Tiananmen protesting in 1989, and I know other people whose relatives were there too. You are basically saying that all these people protesting against the CCP are bad too, which is pretty ****ed up.

I made that post to emphasize on what a ban can entail on private servers. It was a bit out of context to be honest (since the bans were given for cheating and/or excessive/repeated trolling) and I was a bit out of the topic but then again I had no other example. The thing is, in my opinion, politics and games should not be in the same pot. Unfortunately, lately, they are.
It all depends on the people in the end.

I will say that I would consider someone spam posting "China butcher" associated with covid19 as trolling myself, not really politics.

Edit: I was also under the impression that discussing politics was frowned upon in the forum and could lead to muting/bans, to avoid flame wars over the topics, and if that's the case it would make sense to me to enforce a similar policy on a MP server.

I will say that I would consider someone spam posting "China butcher" associated with covid19 as trolling myself, not really politics.

Edit: I was also under the impression that discussing politics was frowned upon in the forum and could lead to muting/bans, to avoid flame wars over the topics, and if that's the case it would make sense to me to enforce a similar policy on a MP server.

But in my opinion, political topic which have relations with the game/forum should be allowed. Especially this case those Chinese bringing their political censorship to other players.

Now I am more interested in TW relation with that Chinese fourm. How does it abuse current report system? Did that fourm file dozens of fake reports to get sb banned? If devs could tell us the whole story, I am sure that everyone will understand.

Last edited:
BattleEye actively scans all the files on your computer, and even sends some of them back to the developers of BattleEye. This happens even when you don't have the game open. I don't know what will actually happen in regards to cheating, but I've uninstalled the game. I won't have spyware/malware on my computer masquerading as an anti-cheat service.

Please tell TaleWorlds to reconsider using this "anti-cheat" system.

I spotted some errors in the translation from the google doc you posted, here are some corrections:
  • On multiple pages, the admin says “已受理”, which is closer to something like "we have receive your report and will investigate it", not "your report has been accepted". The admin didn't mentioned whether or not it was accepted.
  • Again on multiple pages, the admin says "收到", which is essentially "received" (their request), not "acknowledged" or "approved". You made it looks like the admin has approved everything they reported, even though the admin seems to approve them eventually.
  • On pages 5, ”港独“ is a word for Hongkongers that want independence of Hong Kong, with a much stronger political connotation than just "Hongkongers". This word is often used by state media or CCP aligned media against Honkongers who are pro-independence.
Beside these I haven't spotted any other major errors yet.
Thanks for your report
As the Drafter and the one only one who got permission to edit it I will replace the text to more neutral and accurate ones
sorry for my poor English since i am not a native English user

Last edited:
I was gonna ask you, Why you support the CCP so much but than I clicked on your profile and says in 1 of he 3 places you live in Beijing.

You would not understand why this is important to Westerners. Don't act like a victim here. And I can't believe the devs or anyone in post didnt just click on your profile to understand why you are the only one fighting everyone so much.

You even joined this game fourms when all these topics were getting locked up, FYI guys if you didnt know Chinese people get payed to talk good about china and to de-rail stuff like this, I wouldnt be surprised if TW fourms got a huge influx of Chinese players recently. I wounder why.

Think about it, China manage to lie to the world and let the coronavirus spread to every country, and talesworld thinks China cant lie to them or abuse their game for their purposes, pretty sure it would be easier than lying to the world about the Coronavirus. I don't blame the devs, they are from turkey and probably have no clue of the tensions the West has with China right now. But in truth their is a naval standoff in the South China Sea right now.

I was born and raised in Hong Kong, you can tell that from my sentences.

The reason why I have named three cities, as I mentioned earlier, is to find out whether people will criticise other people based on their background and ethnicity, and it seems like my presumption is correct.

But what surprised me most is that, there were lots of new accounts replied me, and they against Chinese for all sorts of reasons. (censorship, coronavirus, cheating in PUBG etc.)

After all, I post this is because I am a Bannerlord fan who loved this game and I have played Warband for over 7 years (including 4 years in EU server as I studied in London).

I am not supporting any party. I just said what I have seen in server.

As I said earlier,

I found out that there is a specific group of people who are keen to bring up politics in the game, including spamming messages like "Chinese virus etc." and changing ID names that offends Chinese players.

Alas, Bannerlord is a game, not a social media platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom