This is an open letter, aimed at revealing the China censorship going on right now by the Chinese mods,TW should be report investigate progess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ almighty, looks like the Chinese forums came out in power to suppress this post. "People should be banned for saying political things in a game". So you're alright with people being banned for having a portrait of a current world leader as their Steam avatar? Are you even listening to yourself?
I honestly don't even know why I'm getting involved in this, but anyone who thinks that being globally banned for saying "Wuhan" or "Free Hong Kong" is totally fine, is an absolute moron. TW needs to look into these bans, and it sounds like they are. They say they haven't given admin rights to anyone outside of the company, but that doesn't explain why certain people have been banned.

They say they haven't given admin rights to anyone outside of the company, but that doesn't explain why certain people have been banned.

I think it was pointed out in another thread people were wrongly banned for cheating and had their bans reduced/removed.

That said, there is also supposed to be an answer to this. I see people in game with worse than Winnie the Pooh avatars but I don’t think banning them from playing the game is the right idea. The sooner Taleworlds comes out with some sort of official server guidance on what is and what is not allowed and some sort of “punishment” for those who ignore the guidance, the sooner this can all be put behind us.

The question that remains is whether or not allowing things like Winnie the Pooh avatars in the Asian servers will see Bannerlord multiplayer in China be banned. And that is a major decision for TW to take, because that could lose them some money.

We have already responded to this, but allow me to reiterate. We are the only ones with access to our backend services. The bans were processed in good faith after being reported to us as being cheaters. All of the bans were later reduced to 1 week.

We have worked on a solution to the problem and are confident that this won't happen again once our new system is in place.

We have already responded to this, but allow me to reiterate. We are the only ones with access to our backend services. The bans were processed in good faith after being reported to us as being cheaters. All of the bans were later reduced to 1 week.

We have worked on a solution to the problem and are confident that this won't happen again once our new system is in place.

I have already known these statement, but what I think is Taleworlds still did not explain the whole story to me.

For example: "worked on a solution to the problem"

What is "the problem", and what is the "solution"? The description is too blurry.

Since those bans reported to Taleworlds as being cheaters, but some of them did not cheat. Then how was those bans processed in good faith? Especially "good faith" have other meaning in contract law. This makes me confused. Is "good faith" mean someone who have a contract with Taleworlds report bans to Taleworlds, and Taleworlds only follow their list but without checking any evidence? Or someone report bans to Taleworlds, and Taleworlds had already checked all evidence they proved and ban those players?

Especially there have few threads posting some evidences that those player who been marked on the ban list which posted on Chinese forum were actually got banned.

Only say "worked on a solution to the problem" make me having a sense of crisis that, if Taleworlds only declare the issue is fixed, but there still have someone who still have some special authorization may cause other(or same) issue again.

Last edited:
a0eb9adb16ca1b2bb8fa363e04eacf78.JPG

What Chinese mods is doing right now
279561513c4bfc51439dd9fdfe2f63a9.JPG

What I am facing

a0eb9adb16ca1b2bb8fa363e04eacf78.JPG

What Chinese mods is doing right now
279561513c4bfc51439dd9fdfe2f63a9.JPG

What I am facing

I can literally see many accounts with names you guys are claiming to be censored not banned on our systems. Far more than the banned handful of people. How can you talk so surely I don't understand.

Last edited:
I can literally see many accounts with names you guys are claiming to be censored not banned on our systems. Far more than the banned hand full of people. How can you talk so sure I don't understand.

If Taleworlds don't tell the whole story then who knows the truth?
As I can read both Chinese and English, the 1st picture, the origin Chinese and the translation doesn't say that guys was banned, but only showing us the attitude of the Chinese Mount and Blade forum was changed from "They have server admin authority" to "For now only Taleworlds has server authority". It looks like they may get the authority back soon for me. Maybe that's the point he want to express?

Has anyone bothered downloading the "Evidence" folder? Because I don't see any evidence of what is being claimed in this thread there.

@HwuSam, your google drive link is in your trash by the way, I had to download it from MediaFire.

Has anyone bothered downloading the "Evidence" folder? Because I don't see any evidence of what is being claimed in this thread there.

@HwuSam, your google drive link is in your trash by the way, I had to download it from MediaFire.
Thanks for noticed me that

Reduced the ban date not the solution , just the palliative . And it make me feels no one wanna to take the responsibility for that.

It's probably safe to say that future reports coming in will be taking with a grain of salt from now on, hence the reduction of already placed bans. It's most certainly something we as a community will be keeping an eye on as well, so as long as were not facing similar issues again you can dial down the politics.

I can literally see many accounts with names you guys are claiming to be censored not banned on our systems. Far more than the banned handful of people. How can you talk so surely I don't understand.
Probably their ban is expired because yours make the ban date shorten.

Btw , The first victim player from Taiwan is getting banned because the id/avatar and he says something about corona virus on chatroom, and the snowflake chinese reported him with screenshot. And you can find the evidence on Letter or backup files.

How about John meade ? He's appeared on the ban list.

The most straight is "Winnie happy organization "

Chinese mods accept the political reason report

And his named showed on their ban list

After 5/4 the issue on heat, The Chinese official noticed that and starting hidden their report post content that you may required high permit to access, i don't understand why TW even not giving victim players a response but i can surely know they trying to hidden something.
Why they going to modify their report post if Chinese official think their way are not doing anything wrong ?

We are not the mods that impossible to find out the direct evidence.

But if the community interests getting offense, we have rights required TW make investigation and explain to ours why the China community(中文站) have special authority can allow them follows the china censorship to accept political id case report.

We're not accuse TW helping China censorship.

But the truth is, probably China forum make their rules behind TW and your didn't know that.

And China forum wanna to make Political id case report works that's why all ban reason are "Cheat using" .

The Open Letter for telling the community is about China forum doing china censorship behind TW and we hope TW can possibly know what they doing exactly and dig out the truth.

We just the player and TW should have take the responsibility to investigate and report the result. Since the China Official get their special authority and letting them abuse the " Good Faith".

And now, almost every discussion related china official authority abusing post are quickly lock down and deleted.It makes us felt uncomfortable and looking help in other way to defend our rights.

Make an Official Public statement and public investigation report is required and reasonable,rather than judge the post and said "we're on investigate" and lock down the related post. It just impact the community doubt.

Last edited:
Imho TW should just not employ any mainland chinese moderators, since they're subject to mainland chinese laws and thus are compromised regarding freedom of speech and respecting it.

Hire instead from the Republic of China aka. Taiwan, the Free Chinese.

TW gotta response to this officially asap.
Please be patient. Devs noticed this issue on 4th May. Please give them a week (at least) to look into this.
On the other hand, TW must stop locking and deleting threads that are trying to remind others about Chinse Censorship

They did respond officially... in 2 posts to people in threads.. they never made an official post regardingt

Why don't you just remove the bans..... I mean lowering it to a week.. hah pathetic.. absolutely ****ing pathetic.

Also make an official response instead of just scattered posts.. you are an absolute joke.

It's probably safe to say that future reports coming in will be taking with a grain of salt from now on, hence the reduction of already placed bans. It's most certainly something we as a community will be keeping an eye on as well, so as long as were not facing similar issues again you can dial down the politics.

Remove the bans instead of reducing them.. why are you even allowing a week long censorship ban.. whats wrong with you guys..

Imho TW should just not employ any mainland chinese moderators, since they're subject to mainland chinese laws and thus are compromised regarding freedom of speech and respecting it.

Hire instead from the Republic of China aka. Taiwan, the Free Chinese.
As it was stated before (and I will say it again), there are no people outside TaleWorlds dev team that can issue a ban. The bans offered right now regarding this matter are addressed at the moment, since they were reported as cheating (thus the ban time was reduced during the review). Please read the whole topic before posting (or at least the last postings).

As it was stated before (and I will say it again), there are no people outside TaleWorlds dev team that can issue a ban. The bans offered right now regarding this matter are addressed at the moment, since they were reported as cheating (thus the ban time was reduced during the review). Please read the whole topic before posting (or at least the last postings).

But it still cannot explain the fact that some player was banned without cheating.
And if there are someone in dev team is in charge of those bans, and accept the report who without cheating but reported as cheater, then this guy in my opinion should be punished (For me, the best case is to be fired).

Well if your mods have the power to ban, I'd understand your puzzlement. As far as I understood your system (correct me, if I'm wrong there) your mods can only report and your admins at TW, outside reach of the PRC government, are looking over these reports, having, as you guys said yourself, put good faith into the reports and administered the bans, because obviously, before the outrage came, they had no warning sign that PRC-chinese game mods would report for political reasons.

So, if I'm right and moderators can only report, not ban, the solution would be rather simple, namely the one I suggested: Don't hire in Mainland China but in the RoC or hire people, who learned Chinese, outside of China, who can take over these moderator jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom