Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

You clearly don't play siege mode.... Siege server crashes/disconnects are the rule rather than the exception. I don't disagree that more multiplayer content is needed, but at this stage of development and because so much of the content/focus of the game is single player (which is a lot more complex than MP), it makes sense they are focused on single player stuff and that MP content is not currently a major focus. Also, much of the awesome multiplayer content in MB1 came from community mods, something that i think will happen again.
Agreed that Siege crashes are super annoying and need fixing ASAP, but:

lol @ "deplorable combat system" - but the combat system it's basically the same as it was with the original warband and I don't think it's likely to change. Compared to virtually any melee combat game - I think the system is pretty complex/good. I don't think i've ever played a game with directional blocking. But maybe my taste in combat systems is also deplorable :razz:
Warband and Bannerlord both having directional blocking and attacking is pretty much the only the two are the same. Bannerlord has so unbelievably many weird issues and design choices in its combat system that it's very annoying to use if you play at a level higher than "I see an attack, I block until I hear the hit, then I attack, rinse and repeat".

Agreed that Siege crashes are super annoying and need fixing ASAP, but:

Warband and Bannerlord both having directional blocking and attacking is pretty much the only the two are the same. Bannerlord has so unbelievably many weird issues and design choices in its combat system that it's very annoying to use if you play at a level higher than "I see an attack, I block until I hear the hit, then I attack, rinse and repeat".

Actually, not even attacking is the same. For example, in Bannerlord, right swings are faster or the same speed as left swings, depending on the stance, and are longer. Not to mention the state of blocking.

The ball is in Taleworlds' court, so let's not beat around the bush. They are aware of the massive amount of quality feedback that has been given to them, especially about the combat system (Gab, Charlini, and others). If they decide to ignore honest feedback from customers who are committed to established brand loyalty, all they will get is a dissociation from it.

Give the customer what they want and if you can't provide it, tell them why you can't and what you are going to do to resolve the conflict. A high number of players express their dissatisfaction with the block delay and the class system. Well, it doesn't seem to have worked as expected... what are you going to do about it, turn a deaf ear and go straight to the rocks or change course because we are warning you that you are in front of them? The MP is aimless and drifting...(yes, I've dawned "nautical")

The ball is in Taleworlds' court, so let's not beat around the bush. They are aware of the massive amount of quality feedback that has been given to them, especially about the combat system (Gab, Charlini, and others). If they decide to ignore honest feedback from customers who are committed to established brand loyalty, all they will get is a dissociation from it.

Give the customer what they want and if you can't provide it, tell them why you can't and what you are going to do to resolve the conflict. A high number of players express their dissatisfaction with the block delay and the class system. Well, it doesn't seem to have worked as expected... what are you going to do about it, turn a deaf ear and go straight to the rocks or change course because we are warning you that you are in front of them? The MP is aimless and drifting...(yes, I've dawned "nautical")

My personal guess is, that TaleWorlds has much different vision to ours and therefore refuses to accept our feedback. But we do not know. They still have a year until the game is released, though game's MP will probably die in 2 months or less. Whatever, I actually have no idea what TW's opinion is on all the feedback and we can only hope that most of the constructive criticism will be converted into some kind of rework. Callum said that they want to work with the community more closely when it comes to feedback so I believe they will start soon (unless they've started already).

My personal guess is, that TaleWorlds has much different vision to ours and therefore refuses to accept our feedback. But we do not know. They still have a year until the game is released, though game's MP will probably die in 2 months or less. Whatever, I actually have no idea what TW's opinion is on all the feedback and we can only hope that most of the constructive criticism will be converted into some kind of rework. Callum said that they want to work with the community more closely when it comes to feedback so I believe they will start soon (unless they've started already).
I think it's much simpler and much less dramatic: the combat is mostly fine, the feedback on the combat is mostly nitpicks, especially the ones about equipment balancing which will be done even after full release and judging by TW's response throughtout the EA as well. So naturally it's very low in the priority list. What's more important is actually outlined in the oppost and those are the stability and features that will improve the game experience such as ranked mm, clans, new maps, and, apparenly, report system - since so many people have been and still are whining about trolls, I fully expected TW to act on this and they did.

Combat is anything but even remotely close to fine for the multiplayer part of the game.
Hopefully we'll get into the nitty gritty of it soon, even though there is still much time ahead. . .

I think it's much simpler and much less dramatic: the combat is mostly fine, the feedback on the combat is mostly nitpicks, especially the ones about equipment balancing which will be done even after full release and judging by TW's response throughtout the EA as well. So naturally it's very low in the priority list. What's more important is actually outlined in the oppost and those are the stability and features that will improve the game experience such as ranked mm, clans, new maps, and, apparenly, report system - since so many people have been and still are whining about trolls, I fully expected TW to act on this and they did.

Combat is not okay, people keep telling you for a while now. It's okay to stand by your point, it's not okay to keep arguing even when people clearly have better arguments than you do. No one cares about equipment balancing at this very moment, it doesn't have anything to do with combat mechanics anyway. What people care about is mechanics that, even if working as intended, do not actually work out for the gameplay - damage mitigation, damage calculation, swing arches, blocking animations and weapon weight restricting the speed of your blocks too much (mainly when holding attack and blocking), very plain nature of combat - block hit, block hit, seriously, 2 good players will never end their shield fight so there's currently no potential for 1v1 in this regard. Those are not nitpicks, the combat would be much better with some of the changes which were proposed in feedback.

Combat is anything but even remotely close to fine for the multiplayer part of the game.
Hopefully we'll get into the nitty gritty of it soon, even though there is still much time ahead. . .
Combat is for the big part absolutely fine, they nailed the core mechanics and people can enjoy it, just because you feel that a certain minor issue rustles your jimmies doesn't mean that it's not fine. And I wouldn't hold breath. You can clearly see that it's not in their priority list at all.

it's not okay to keep arguing even when people clearly have better arguments than you do.
Who's the judge? For me those arguments are nonsense. If you had such good arguments I would probably agree already.

damage mitigation, damage calculation, swing arches, blocking animations and weapon weight restricting the speed of your blocks too much
Nitpicks, I don't see them as major issues, neither does TW

very plain nature of combat - block hit, block hit, seriously, 2 good players will never end their shield fight so there's currently no potential for 1v1 in this regard
It was the same for Warband, except maybe that you could lure an opponent into a kick, which right now doesn't work properly, but with experienced players that rarely happened and infantry 1v1s were always boring exhausting blocking fests, sprinkled with occasional feints and holds. Unless TW decides to add something radical to speed things up, it's not gonna change.

Those are not nitpicks, the combat would be much better with some of the changes which were proposed in feedback.
Those are exactly nitpicks, the combat core is here and the game is playable, that is more than satisfactory for this part of EA. I wouldn't expect these nitpicks to be addressed until the end of EA, right now the game really needs ranked MM and more content like modes, maps, etc.

If something changes the combat by 180° degrees, it's hardly a nitpick.

It was the same for Warband, except maybe that you could lure an opponent into a kick, which right now doesn't work properly, but with experienced players that rarely happened and infantry 1v1s were always boring exhausting blocking fests, sprinkled with occasional feints and holds.

That's all I have to hear, ignorance is bliss.

Oh , you don't have to worry about that, really, it's just a matter of time.

They too know the combat is far from fleshed-out, so stay tuned.
Probably in another thread though.
That's pretty much what I'm saying, there's no need to fuss over it. they'll get to it eventually, just not in the near future it seems.

that's hardly what i interpreted when he says that, he means the balancing is off in the combat system, such as stances and block delays etc

The language nerd in me is triggered... but it's probably not worth arguing :smile: Honestly I agree that balancing is off and that there's a lot of room for improvement.

I think it's much simpler and much less dramatic: the combat is mostly fine, the feedback on the combat is mostly nitpicks, especially the ones about equipment balancing which will be done even after full release and judging by TW's response throughtout the EA as well. So naturally it's very low in the priority list. [...]
GranularRaggedAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

I'm laughing for not crying. If you ever decide to dismount from your horse and play infantry you will see how ****ing crippled the combat system is currently.

Another thing, how many times have you missed a hit from the top of your horse because Cavalry swings are Imprecise? If you consider that this is not happening to you, okay nothing to add. On the other hand, if you consider this is a problem, I congratulate you; you are now closer to those of us who have the opinion that the combat system is not fine.

They still have a year until the game is released, though game's MP will probably die in 2 months or less.

Well I hope it won't die that quickly.
With the addition of the (barebone) duelservers and the recent improvement to matchmaking TW improved it significantly in comparison to the Beta.
The combat is not where we want it to be yet but it is not as random as we often make it seem to be.
Good players are consistently good and the same goes for bad players.
We need servers and options to enable fair competetiv fights such as picking faction and map.
If we get that, I think people and clans will stick with the game longer. Maybe long enough to see the combat everybody is waiting for.
When it comes to more casual players, I think they just need more content. Especially more maps for siege.

GranularRaggedAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

I'm laughing for not crying. If you ever decide to dismount from your horse and play infantry you will see how ****ing crippled the combat system is currently.

Another thing, how many times have you missed a hit from the top of your horse because Cavalry swings are Imprecise? If you consider that this is not happening to you, okay nothing to add. On the other hand, if you consider this is a problem, I congratulate you; you are now closer to those of us who have the opinion that the combat system is not fine.
I play as inf almost exclusively at sieges and in skirmish as battania and like I said, it's mostly fine, fundamentally there's nothing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom