I start to become a little pissed over this siege

Users who are viewing this thread

So... I have 1300+ troops against a Battanian town of 550
I CANNOT win in battle mode, because they break my siege ram in two seconds (no ram=no win)
I CANNOT win in simulation either, because, as i watch it, they slaughter 3x times faster my troops
I CANNOT bring more men to this stupid place because I've already called all the damn kingdom

I have tried everything, ten times. I have also build 4 catapults to try to destroy theirs, no result

Siege are so bad in this game atm

Any little tip? It's driving me crazy

If you can wait (in-game I mean), then build trebuchets, not catapults. When you build your first one, put it in reserve, so it don't get destroyed against enemy ballistas or catapults. Do the same with all 4 trebuchets. When all 4 are build, use them at the same time. They are going to destroy enemy ballista/catapults and then enemy walls. After that is an easy walk.
In my experience, using ram against towns is suicide. I only use them against castles.

I CANNOT win in battle mode, because they break my siege ram in two seconds (no ram=no win)
I CANNOT win in simulation either, because, as i watch it, they slaughter 3x times faster my troops
I CANNOT bring more men to this stupid place because I've already called all the damn kingdom

I have tried everything, ten times. I have also build 4 catapults to try to destroy theirs, no result

In case your siege engine is taking so much damage (never seen that, frankly), you could resort to lowering battle size. Siege equipment HP doesn't scale with it, so the ram will be just that little bit more tanky time-wise.

Lifting siege ladders yourself also helps sometimes. By default, the dudes are waiting for the ram to arrive before putting ladders into position.

If I'm in a desperate situation, I start on the horse, position it in front of the spot where I'll be standing when pulling the ladder up, then dismount and pull it up myself. After that, the group of soldiers that's dedicated to these ladders shows up and starts climbing the wall. Once they break through, they'll give archers on the walls a reason to consider other jobs.

If you can wait (in-game I mean), then build trebuchets, not catapults. When you build your first one, put it in reserve, so it don't get destroyed against enemy ballistas or catapults. Do the same with all 4 trebuchets. When all 4 are build, use them at the same time. They are going to destroy enemy ballista/catapults and then enemy walls. After that is an easy walk.
In my experience, using ram against towns is suicide. I only use them against castles.
I can try.... Do I have to use the trebuchets "where"? On the global map letting them auto-attack, or do I start the acutal battle with them?
And if so, simulation or direct combat?
_
btw thanks both

I can't recall the specific Battanian siege scene, but this should work on most any siege:

Don't bother with the ram, just bring your archers (you'd better have more of them than there are on the walls) forward until they can see the wall. Raise the ladder yourself then climb about halfway up, until the archers swap to melee weapons. Enjoy all the free kills your archers get while you chill on the ladder.

Back
Top Bottom