The Final Release Date

What do you think?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bah it's overblown frankly. 250,000 deaths globally. Considering 1,300,000 a year die from just car accidents... better quarantine us away from cars as well. Meanwhile I'm still waiting in line behind 20 other people to buy a pack of smokes.
Part of the reason we have so few deaths are that we closed down, also if you look at the mass graves in many nations, because hospitals and funeral homes cant keep up, it becomes quite a bit less overblown. its also not right to put the death globally vs something else, cause while all of the world pretty much has cars, not all of the world has been massively infected, if all the world had the death rates of Lombardy or New York, then compare the death by cars in those two areas and you have an argument.
But none of this is really relevant, cause just because you think its overblown, DOES NOT change the fact that companies have shut down and people send home, Taleworlds acted responsibly to their workers which is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Part of the reason we have so few deaths are that we closed down, also if you look at the mass graves in many nations, because hospitals and funeral homes cant keep up, it becomes quite a bit less overblown. its also not right to put the death globally vs something else, cause while all of the world pretty much has cars, not all of the world has been massively infected, if all the world had the death rates of Lombardy or New York, then compare the death by cars in those two areas and you have an argument.
But none of this is really relevant, cause just because you think its overblown, DOES NOT change the fact that companies have shut down and people send home, Taleworlds acted responsibly to their workers which is a good thing, not a bad thing.
But they are obviously working from home anyway... so what is your point?

But they are obviously working from home anyway... so what is your point?
that logistically it makes the work take longer and be less streamlined. Which was what i stated first. Your comment though, makes no sense as a reply to that answer that was an answer to your previous statement.

If you would prefer then consider this. the highest death rate per capita is 46 per 100,000 people. In the US it's 21 per 100,000.
The rate in the US for me dying due to an accident this year is 48 per 100,000. That's not "mass grave" status by any means. It's FAR less than the rate at which people die from heart disease or cancer. Around 1/4 of the rate in fact.
There are mass graves though you cant deny that. but this debate you are trying to have to prove Taleworlds are horrible for some reason, has gone to far from what the OP was asking about, so i wont be participating anymore, lets not clutter this up more. bye.

There are mass graves though you cant deny that. but this debate you are trying to have to prove Taleworlds are horrible for some reason, has gone to far from what the OP was asking about, so i wont be participating anymore, lets not clutter this up more. bye.
Well I mean you can't exactly play "the covid card" and expect it to not derail a conversation lol.

Bah it's overblown frankly. 250,000 deaths globally. Considering 1,300,000 a year die from just car accidents... better quarantine us away from cars as well. Meanwhile I'm still waiting in line behind 20 other people to buy a pack of smokes.

Covid 19 has a mortality rate of 1-2%. You have a 1 in 77 chance of dying in an automobile accident in the US. Seeing as I'm on the road nearly every day of my life and don't wear a crash helmet on the sidewalk I'm not exactly worried.

I don't even...

The reason we're "only" at 250,000 deaths globally is because most country's are quarantined. This is 250,000 deaths since what? February? March? So that's 250,000 deaths in 2-3 months.

Your example of a car crash. First of all, there's a chance of 0,2% you get in a car accident every 1,000 miles (so let's say that's a month). Of those 0,2% accidents, there's a 1% chance you'll die.
So that's 0,002% chance of you dying in a car accident every month. Idiot.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, unlike car accidents, coronavirus cases — and, therefore, deaths — can expand exponentially. Someone with the virus can infect two to three others. Out of every hundred people who contract it, experts believe one will die.

I'm dumbfounded of how ignorant you are, seriously.

Edit: And to your argument of that Taleworlds is working from home: Do you have any experience in that?
Communication is simply A LOT harder if everyone is working from home in comparison of everyone working in the same room/building. You just can't compare it

Last edited:
The moment the sells stop so does the patching. Welcome to the world of EA.

Yes, because all game companies are the same, they all behave in the same way and are all evil little dwarfs that hoard all the money they obtained from tricking people...

First M&B I've ever played was vanilla 0.751, I can't even remember when was that, 2006/2007 maybe. Since then 0.808, 0.953, 0.954, 0.96 until 1.011 was released in 2011. They did that while working on Warband, and guess what, Warband was also released and new content was added post release.

You have nothing to back up your statement.

dont be too harsh to him. apparently he's a magic the gathering player. after what wizards of the coast have done to him its no wonder he cant trust anyone anymore

Covid 19 has a mortality rate of 1-2%. You have a 1 in 77 chance of dying in an automobile accident in the US. Seeing as I'm on the road nearly every day of my life and don't wear a crash helmet on the sidewalk I'm not exactly worried.
Wow, you are one ignorant guy, at least on this topic. An automobile accident is not in any way meaningful comparable to a highly transmissable pandemic.

Just ignore Jhaerik, he is here to get some attention after allegedly refunding the game.

To the OP: It's going to be a year at least

The development methodology at TW seems to be problematic. Discovering big issues with the software so late in development betrays a lack of proper software design. The same can be observed with perks and various other features of the game. It also appears they do not have adequate testing and QA, and avoid crucial practices such as regression testing as can be inferred from recurring bugs. Unfortunately, for an ambitious project of this size, I do not believe the game can be ready in a year; at least not with the apparent TW development approach.

Actually, I am not sure if we will ever get the game we are waiting for. My fear is, TW just found itself facing the 80:20 rule. If we consider the game around 80 percent complete and we assume the rule applies, then the 8 years of development amounts to 20 percent of the total effort required to finish the game. With constant pace of development the remaining 80 percent (!) of the effort might take as long as 32 years. This, of course assuming the 80:20 rule applies, the game is 80 percent complete and the pace of development is constant. If we consider the game 90 percent complete, for instance, then we need about 5 more years. Also adjusting for increasing pace it may drop down to perhaps 2-3 years. Note, however, that we are still assuming the 80:20 rule applies. But why?

Apart from it being well established that the 80:20 rule applies to some extent to pretty much any software, we can observe some of its symptoms in real-time with Bannerlord. Everything that would come easy to TW developers, e.g. features from previous games, artwork, etc have been done but new features that require novel software solutions are missing. Some crucial new features like inverse kinematics are exceptions to this; but missing features such as family management, kingdom management, diplomacy, rebellions, social interactions, etc are all areas that require more complex simulations that all affect each other. And then, all these new and existing components must accommodate a game time spanning multiple generations of heroes. Hard parts are still there to implement. My educated guess is, there is no proper design for any of it.

Therefore; my fear is that we will never get the game that TW hoped they could deliver. Not unless something changes drastically in how they approach development. But in 2-3 years, we may get a release with reduced features (again, considering the current state as 90 percent complete.)

The development methodology at TW seems to be problematic. Discovering big issues with the software so late in development betrays a lack of proper software design. The same can be observed with perks and various other features of the game. It also appears they do not have adequate testing and QA, and avoid crucial practices such as regression testing as can be inferred from recurring bugs. Unfortunately, for an ambitious project of this size, I do not believe the game can be ready in a year; at least not with the apparent TW development approach.

Actually, I am not sure if we will ever get the game we are waiting for. My fear is, TW just found itself facing the 80:20 rule. If we consider the game around 80 percent complete and we assume the rule applies, then the 8 years of development amounts to 20 percent of the total effort required to finish the game. With constant pace of development the remaining 80 percent (!) of the effort might take as long as 32 years. This, of course assuming the 80:20 rule applies, the game is 80 percent complete and the pace of development is constant. If we consider the game 90 percent complete, for instance, then we need about 5 more years. Also adjusting for increasing pace it may drop down to perhaps 2-3 years. Note, however, that we are still assuming the 80:20 rule applies. But why?

Apart from it being well established that the 80:20 rule applies to some extent to pretty much any software, we can observe some of its symptoms in real-time with Bannerlord. Everything that would come easy to TW developers, e.g. features from previous games, artwork, etc have been done but new features that require novel software solutions are missing. Some crucial new features like inverse kinematics are exceptions to this; but missing features such as family management, kingdom management, diplomacy, rebellions, social interactions, etc are all areas that require more complex simulations that all affect each other. And then, all these new and existing components must accommodate a game time spanning multiple generations of heroes. Hard parts are still there to implement. My educated guess is, there is no proper design for any of it.

Therefore; my fear is that we will never get the game that TW hoped they could deliver. Not unless something changes drastically in how they approach development. But in 2-3 years, we may get a release with reduced features (again, considering the current state as 90 percent complete.)
Applause. Bloody applause.

This is clearly a worst-case scenario, but nonetheless frightening. I think it will be minimum 2 years considering the state the game seems to be in.

I think that Taleworlds are literally charging us for the privilege to do the playtesting that they were unable to do during development.

I don't even...

The reason we're "only" at 250,000 deaths globally is because most country's are quarantined. This is 250,000 deaths since what? February? March? So that's 250,000 deaths in 2-3 months.

Your example of a car crash. First of all, there's a chance of 0,2% you get in a car accident every 1,000 miles (so let's say that's a month). Of those 0,2% accidents, there's a 1% chance you'll die.
So that's 0,002% chance of you dying in a car accident every month. Idiot.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, unlike car accidents, coronavirus cases — and, therefore, deaths — can expand exponentially. Someone with the virus can infect two to three others. Out of every hundred people who contract it, experts believe one will die.

I'm dumbfounded of how ignorant you are, seriously.

Edit: And to your argument of that Taleworlds is working from home: Do you have any experience in that?
Communication is simply A LOT harder if everyone is working from home in comparison of everyone working in the same room/building. You just can't compare it
I mean I'm a red meat eating carnivore that smokes 3 packs a day and drinks like a fish. Do you seriously think something with a mortality rate of 2-7% (depending on the source and method of reporting) is something I take that seriously? lol 100% chance either my heart, liver or lungs gives out before 65 anyway. :smile:

But do you consider the game in its current state playable with very minimal bugs, or is the bugs quite big and annoying ?
minimla

i stuck 250h into the game and the only bugs i had so far game from the Mods i have installed. (My fault) So its ver, very playable and enjoyable.

Yes, because all game companies are the same, they all behave in the same way and are all evil little dwarfs that hoard all the money they obtained from tricking people...

First M&B I've ever played was vanilla 0.751, I can't even remember when was that, 2006/2007 maybe. Since then 0.808, 0.953, 0.954, 0.96 until 1.011 was released in 2011. They did that while working on Warband, and guess what, Warband was also released and new content was added post release.

You have nothing to back up your statement.
First M&B was developped by only 2 ppl not by 90+ ppl studio and they didnt work on in for 10 years before releasing it as EA ...The first game was made with passion while current c*ap is only a product of a gaming studio that wants to squeeze as much many as it is possible preying on audience hype and nostalgia for the previous games.

Last edited:
Weren't you about to Refund the game and save us from the trouble?
Why are you still here?
Seeking even more attention?
I did refund the game. Then I figured it was worth the $40 to keep poking at it.
I was mostly wrong and frankly haven't touched it for like 3 weeks.
Hell I don't think the devs have much touched it either lol.

If you like the game so much why are you on the forums? Go play it.

Back
Top Bottom