Beta Patch Notes e1.4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Character Development System

• Changed the implementation of 15 one-handed skill perks that are related with combat.

They are working on it as you can see. I'm not really sure what you want or are trying to achieve here with me, but I don't feel it is very meaningful.
This is different. As was confirmed by duh, they are being worked on with a lot of effort. I believe they wish to completely overhaul the way perks work, and this change is only temporary to when we see a MASSIVE proper implementation.

Why all the hate? It's been barely a month since release, and it is early access after all. TW has been pumpin' out patches and updates on an extremely regular basis. Sure, they are not perfect, but it's been ~2-3 hours after their 1.4 (Beta, for an EA) release, albeit bugged, that they dropped a hotfix to get it working, late at night.

Yes, there are annoying crashes and bugs still, and things I don't prefer in game. But overall, even in early access stage right now, I absolutely enjoy the hell out of this game. So at the end of the day, I say, great job TW, love what you are doing, and I'm excited to see what the finished game looks like, and what future DLC can bring!

Cheers

1.4 beta will not launch. Neither saved game nor new campaign. Anyone else having a problem?

I had to uninstall the game (I remembered all M&B folders as well, make sure to grab your saves) and then I was able to start a new campain.
I did have mods from before, but none of them were active.

"Influence gain reduced to 1/20 for donating prisoners to a dungeon."

Is it still possible to have influence going endlessly below zero because of policies? If so, you made an already existing problem even worse, as donating prisoners was the only way to get influence into the positive and finally put the policies to vote again.

Beta is unplayable. Started the new game, no mods. Crashes when attacking looters, crashed when entering cities, Crashed when interacting with nobles for the main quest. GG lol

Found a huge bug. Probably castallan's office militia grants 100 militia per turn. Played my save campaign with only 1 mod (better time); at day 10 only castles with castallan's office upgrade. Saw the same at some of AI castles too.

* Council of Commons policy effect changed so that it now grants 0.5 influence per each supporter of the clan who lives in the clan's kingdom.

What does this mean exactly... for every lord (or every clan) that has done the equivalent of press the Support button on the Kingdom tab directed towards you, you get 0.5 influence every day so long as they stay in the same kingdom? And the same for anyone else whom you press the Support button and direct support towards?

Does the Support button do anything when Council of Commons isn't in effect? Other than give warm fuzzies that translate into a relationship gain.

I've seen notables referred to as "supporters" of particular clans. If it is something to do with that instead, it would be nice to know how to make them a supporter of you... would it just happen when your relationship with them gets high enough?

* Players now gain trade XP correctly after Save & Load.

Hurray! Shame this is probably the main culprit for breaking previous saves... I'm really enjoying my current game on 1.3 so I might play it out a little longer before updating.

Found a huge bug. Probably castallan's office militia grants 100 militia per turn. Played my save campaign with only 1 mod (better time); at day 10 only castles with castallan's office upgrade. Saw the same at some of AI castles too.
Also militia number even in negative dont go down. Example: 485(-10) stayed in settlment for days; number is still 485 ; gonna try with new game.

Also militia number even in negative dont go down. Example: 485(-10) stayed in settlment for days; number is still 485 ; gonna try with new game.
I have the same bug.
Annotation_2020-05-07_183507.png

Companion one-handed perks (Haven't checked for others) aren't saving for me when I click "Done."

Edit: On-and-off, one companion's saved after a battle.

Last edited:
Oh well, waited 8 years, lost all expectations, bought alpha thinking it's almost a finished game, considering all those blog posts and closed "beta", got nothing worth time and effort, a bit different Warband, with far less content than modded Warband, haven't played for a few weeks, still nothing new in these patches besides fixes for bugs that shouldn't exist in a sold product, so game stays on a dusty shelf of forgotten titles. Could you please let me refund? I really haven't played much, traded for 99% of time, earned only around 15k before realizing that anything I spend that money on is a complete waste and that I've wasted my time, never went into faction part, battles, wars, children and all that silly stuff, so basically I've tried 5% of the game and have no desire to play it ever again. Considering how poor I am and that I lost my job due to COVID, I could really use those 45 EUR.

haha, you think you experienced 5% of the game xD thats just 1%, how cute

thank you for your hard work, even in corona times, i think you really have problems with the home office, or had.
i followed your blog for so long and i know you are no experts in AI programming. i also thank you for apoligies, that all settlements in one faction region looks the same.

you are awesome and hope there is coming something big and not only new betas and hotfixes but i understand that this is now your main issue to solve for everyone to get them the most out of the game @Duh_TaleWorlds

did i mentioned your game is awesome and i can jut go into it to lose all of my control in real life? yes, thats how good your game for me is, even when not alle is implemented yet.

and why there is no news on steam? i just got the info about 1.4 in a stream i was watching

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom