Users who are viewing this thread

Jargon_Darot

Recruit
Nexus link to the latest version: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1288/

Hammerlord, a fantasy total conversion of Bannerlord is nearing completion.

This mod converts the world of Calradia to a popular fantasy tabletop world.

Uzm1xSt.jpg

A working version of the completed world map:

ZYHAjfQ.jpg

Some of the Kingdoms added to the game:
WtDFSy1.jpg

Notable characters you can meet, fight or ally:
LgL1u0l.jpg

W3c25iq.jpg
Lr9Rgsa.jpg

c0du0Ag.jpg

NPC characters updated to fit the lore of the world:
ed4mYZC.jpg

DVuruRb.jpg

Kingdoms, characters and settlements familiar to the world have been added into the game mod via Submodules. Some files need to be added directly into the native and sandbox folders, unfortunately, but that can't be helped. I've done everything I can to limit this where possible.

Final steps to be done:
  • Final testing and text updates where appropriate.
  • Inclusion of a Dwarf culture, fingers crossed.

Special thanks:
  • The excellent work done by Nicholas Wetta with Goblin Empire and Dwarf Empire mods. This world would not feel right without the green skin colour!
  • Gitzman's Super Huge Detailed Warhammer map - location details
  • Warhammer Fantasy Fandom Wiki - character, faction and background details
  • Various Taleworld and Nexus mods, guides and FAQs available to the community

Last edited:
Basic Order vs Destruction relationships set up now:
Nqu5F0p.jpg

vRmIjbL.jpg

Playing the game on fast forward, it seems like Order Kingdoms are more likely to invade and cause problems for Destruction. This is particularly because Orc factions are spread across a few pockets and are more isolated. I'll experiment with setting up a few inter-Kingdom wars to take some of the heat off the Destruction factions.

Examples:
  • Dukedoms of Parravon and Carcassone vs Wood Elves. I think this is needed in order to prevent the Wood Elves from bursting out too much.
  • Kingdom of Aquitane vs Kingdom of Couronne. Otherwise, Brettonian Kingdoms could become juggernaughts.
  • Arabya vs Tilea vs Estalia. An interesting match-up.
  • Reikland vs Middenheim (this may be a bit too much, will see how it plays out)
  • Nordland vs Marienburg - old rivalry comes to life!
This should take some of the heat off the Destruction factions and enable them to be greater threats to Order.

I'm reasonably happy with the relationship status between Kingdoms at the start. The wars between certain Order Kingdoms at the start helps out Destruction a bit. I also took some lords away from the over-powered Wood Elves and gave them to the Brettonian Dukedoms.

After that was sorting out bandits in order to provide more fantasy flavour to the early game.

Looters have become Goblin Scavengers:
5WkHsEU.jpg

Goblin scavengers attack!:

cNY5Cvd.jpg

Mountain Bandits are now Mountain Orcs:

NYtLdjR.jpg

An Orc Warband near a Orc Hideout:

jyNDgIZ.jpg

Local friendly forest goblin gits asking for money:

6Ryq4u7.jpg

Deserters are now Chaos Cultists. Sea Raiders are now Norscan Sea Raiders.

Up next is sorting out Dwami culture, and then nearing completion of first release.

Wow my good man this is already a big step in the right direction and thanks for taking up the challenge of creating a WH mod, because we all know it is one of the most amazing settings that translates very well to game like this.

Some ideas to increase immersion... are you able to, in as quick and dirty was as possible (and assuming you haven't done this already as I don't know the limits of the engine):

Edit all goblin and orc racial faces to have:
  • Maximum size foreheads
  • Thick sloping brows
  • Widest jutting jaws with a big underbite

Make all racial elves:
  • As tall and as thin as character models can go, with maybe a 10% variance
  • Stretch faces to most elongated possible with smaller mouths
I will be following this mod with gusto. Also anything you can leverage from other modders such as magic etc can only help this project. :smile:

Thanks Bannerdog! It's my favourite fantasy setting, and Bannerlord is my favourite game now. A perfect match.

I'm pleased with how Wood Elves are currently looking. Check out the picture above of Wood Elf leader Araloth the Bold. All elves have thin, elongated faces and tall height.

I've maxed the classic facial settings within the game for goblins and orcs as far as possible. They still look pretty human. There is a facial deformities mod in the works, I'm going to wait for the next version before trying to incorporate, to minimise potential crashes.

I'm now trying to create a Dwarf culture. I can get Dwarf culture troops in to the game, and can align Dwarf Kingdoms, clans and lords to the culture. But settlements crash if I make them Dwarf culture. I'm trying to work out why. My final hurdle before being able to release the first mod version.

Thanks Bannerdog! It's my favourite fantasy setting, and Bannerlord is my favourite game now. A perfect match.

I'm pleased with how Wood Elves are currently looking. Check out the picture above of Wood Elf leader Araloth the Bold. All elves have thin, elongated faces and tall height.

I've maxed the classic facial settings within the game for goblins and orcs as far as possible. They still look pretty human. There is a facial deformities mod in the works, I'm going to wait for the next version before trying to incorporate, to minimise potential crashes.

Ok cool sounds good! :smile:

I'm now trying to create a Dwarf culture. I can get Dwarf culture troops in to the game, and can align Dwarf Kingdoms, clans and lords to the culture. But settlements crash if I make them Dwarf culture. I'm trying to work out why. My final hurdle before being able to release the first mod version.
I'm sure there are some experienced modders who could help you out... is there not a Discord channel or similar for Bannerlord modders? Seems this would be a great resource for you guys to share tips, tricks and wisdom.

Otherwise you could try just getting in touch with some of the major modders and picking their brains. :smile:

I've tried to do simple culture edits with settlements, and still get crashes. It's not worth the effort at this early stage. I'm keeping Dwarf locations as Empire culture for now. Empire culture includes a troop mix of Empire, Tilean, Kislev and Dwarf crossbowmen, which i think is kind of nice for now.

Bannerdog, can you do me a big favour and test these Module files I've placed on Dropbox: (link removed)

I have no idea if this set up will work for other people. Your feedback would be invaluable (as well as feedback from anyone else that wants to try the mod version 0.1 test).

Last edited:
Settlement culture is worse than I thought. It crashes every time I go to a settlement that has a different culture from its original. Even if it's a simple switch from empire to battania or vlandia.

My new plan: revert all settlements back to their original culture, and then experiment with this culture-ownership change mod:

Nope, it's crashing at most settlements now, regardless of the culture. I've tried different methods to track down the issue, with no success. I'm at an impasse now as to what to do.

I've tried to do simple culture edits with settlements, and still get crashes. It's not worth the effort at this early stage. I'm keeping Dwarf locations as Empire culture for now. Empire culture includes a troop mix of Empire, Tilean, Kislev and Dwarf crossbowmen, which i think is kind of nice for now.

Bannerdog, can you do me a big favour and test these Module files I've placed on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyty1kaqcnj8h2r/Hammerlord initial test.rar

I have no idea if this set up will work for other people. Your feedback would be invaluable (as well as feedback from anyone else that wants to try the mod version 0.1 test).
Unfortunately I can't test anything as my gaming laptop died 3 days ago and I am waiting on new parts to see if I can get it up and running again. Sorry... crappy timing. :sad:

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't test anything as my gaming laptop died 3 days ago and I am waiting on new parts to see if I can get it up and running again. Sorry... crappy timing. :sad:

Success!

I re-installed Bannerlord and then added in each XMl file one at a time, testing the game each time. From that I discovered there was something wrong with my spcultures file. I fixed it up and since then have visited lots of settlements and waited in a settlement on fast forward without any crash. In theory, this mod should now work for others.

Bannerdog: there should be an initial version of the mod on Nexus waiting for you when you get your laptop up and running again :party:

Success!

I re-installed Bannerlord and then added in each XMl file one at a time, testing the game each time. From that I discovered there was something wrong with my spcultures file. I fixed it up and since then have visited lots of settlements and waited in a settlement on fast forward without any crash. In theory, this mod should now work for others.

Bannerdog: there should be an initial version of the mod on Nexus waiting for you when you get your laptop up and running again :party:

Good work on potentially fixing the issue!

I think my power brick died so have ordered a new one and will keep my fingers crossed for when it gets here! I was waiting on a new Ampere/Zen2 build before I upgraded anything, so if my laptop really has died then it's awful timing as they won't be released until Q3. :sad:

Hopefully some other kind souls can try it in the meantime. :smile:

Good work on potentially fixing the issue!

I think my power brick died so have ordered a new one and will keep my fingers crossed for when it gets here! I was waiting on a new Ampere/Zen2 build before I upgraded anything, so if my laptop really has died then it's awful timing as they won't be released until Q3. :sad:

Hopefully some other kind souls can try it in the meantime. :smile:

I'm sorry to hear about your laptop issues. Sounds very frustrating.

And now, here's a soft release of the mod on Nexus, before I make a released mod forum thread for it:

Cool. You can also make a thread about it on Reddit in the Bannerlord forum as it is a very busy and constructive place and people are eager to help out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/

It should be well received as people are crying out for a Warhammer mod and the previous one "Ghal Maraz" appears to have been abandoned. https://www.moddb.com/mods/ghal-maraz

Maybe you could also get in touch with the mod maker to see if there is anything you can leverage that he is happy to share? :smile:

PS: Also would be good to add the Nexus link to your mod to the top of the OP of this thread too.

Cool. You can also make a thread about it on Reddit in the Bannerlord forum as it is a very busy and constructive place and people are eager to help out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/

It should be well received as people are crying out for a Warhammer mod and the previous one "Ghal Maraz" appears to have been abandoned. https://www.moddb.com/mods/ghal-maraz

Maybe you could also get in touch with the mod maker to see if there is anything you can leverage that he is happy to share? :smile:

PS: Also would be good to add the Nexus link to your mod to the top of the OP of this thread too.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've posted to Reddit and updated the first post with the link.

I'll hold off on contacting the Ghal Maraz mod until I get some feedback on the current version. I need to know whether the files I've uploaded are playable!

Success! The latest update to Bannerlord, which moved the core game to 1.3, broke two of Hammerlord's files (spculture and spclans). These files have been updated in Hammerlord 0.11. This version of the mod has been tested with Bannerlord 1.4 Beta. Hopefully my quick test and fix of this (version 0.11) works for others.

Back
Top Bottom