? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

It's not as bad for me as people report, I assume they are going bankrupt as I see a lot of armies suffering from lack of food. Did not stumble upon situations as some people point out with parties standing still at villages, hence not sending a save file.
Great, thank you for clarifying

I'm positively surprised by the new war/peace mechanic, wars seem to make more sense, although Kuzait seems to be steamrolling a bit too much for my liking. At 700 days into the game, Kuzait have 12 towns and army strength of around 10k, they have been oscillating around that number for quite a while now even when they had fewer towns. Every other faction has around 3.5k - 4.5k so it's starting to look like it might snowball soon.
I reckon it might be due to auto-resolve granting huge bonuses to cavalry. If we compare a freshly defeated Empire Lord to a freshly defeated Khuzait Lord, the Khuzait Lord will spawn with a higher percentage of cavalry for the same amount of troops. Therefore, the Khuzait is going to be dominating in the auto-resolve, queue the snowballing.

Not sure if i should post this here but 1.3 companions clan roles dont assign experience in scouting. Always worked before.

It seems that the issue of main quest timing out is still there, though it was said to be fixed in e1.2.0 I believe. All parts of the main quest failed for me on day 840. That's on e1.3.1, happy to provide a save game ( fresh start ).
There is a mod addressing this issue for anyone having a similar problem: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/370?tab=description
The timer on the main quest is active for the first phase - i.e. the investigation prior to
choosing to support a king or creating your own kingdom

Did you time out after having made this choice?

The timer on the main quest is active for the first phase - i.e. the investigation prior to
choosing to support a king or creating your own kingdom

Did you time out after having made this choice?
It timed out after I had completed the banner but before making a decision to give it to someone/create a kingdom. Quests that failed at the same time were:
- Assemble the Dragon Banner
- Create an imperial faction
- Support an imperial faction
- Create a non-imperial kingdom
- Support a non-imperial kingdom
So I would say that at point of choosing to support a king or creating your own kingdom.
Is that intended then? If so I feel its a bad design choice considering how hard it can get to create a kingdom.

It seems that the issue of main quest timing out is still there, though it was said to be fixed in e1.2.0 I believe. All parts of the main quest failed for me on day 840. That's on e1.3.1, happy to provide a save game ( fresh start ).
I went through the patch notes, I remember reading about the time limit being removed for the post-investigation part of the quest, but can't seem to find in which patch notes specifically.

So I would say that at point of choosing to support a king or creating your own kingdom.
Is that intended then? If so I feel its a bad design choice considering how hard it can get to create a kingdom.
In defence of the design, even though it is an intermediary solution, it's important to remember that Lords are mortals. Right now, they can only die to the player hand, but a quest about talking to X number of NPCs with unique dialogue will have either a scripted 'timer' or some in game time before there's not enough of these NPCs left alive to complete the quest.
I'm not suggesting anything regarding this issue, I'm just saying that at least a portion of this quest will always need a timer, artificial or not.

Intended as an intermediary solution. We may tweak the time frame (currently 10 years) in the future.
Thank you for taking the time to answer! It's really appreciated,
Late but happy Labour & Solidarity Day

@Jarl Malcolm hotfix pushed to beta branch earlier today

We just put out another hotfix to the beta branch. Part of this hotfix is to test a fix for a critical bug that is currently preventing us from moving the beta branch to main and releasing our next beta update.

• Fixed an issue where newly created characters and other objects could get mixed up with each other. This created instability & possibly crashes. It was also responsible for broken companions and encyclopedia problems. The fix does not recover broken beta save games, but it should resolve the issue for new games. You can test this by checking if newly created characters or other objects have their own appropriate encyclopedia pages instead of another character’s or object's page.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when initialising the final phase of the main storyline for Imperial supporters.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when choosing the "Try to get away" option in an encounter.
  • Fixed a Save & Load related crash that occurred when entering the training field with a companion.
  • Some lords were losing all their money and then starving. This was due to fortification taxes being too low, they have been increased by 25%. Also, NPC clan leaders now react faster to losing money and reduce their garrison sizes before going bankrupt.
  • Council of Commons policy effect was 1 influence per notable in the settlement, it is now 0.1 influence per notable. Also, +1 militia effect per notable is removed.
  • There was no waiting time after captured lords were released; they were spawning at the next daily tick, now they spawn at least 2 days later.
  • Lords spawn with 10% of their party size filled instead of 25%
  • Owners now calculate their settlements' values more conservatively. If there was any hostile action to their fiefs their defence score grew significantly and they and they would go directly there to help. This negatively affected all AI score calculation systems. Additionally, there were other mechanics using this value that were also affected negatively.
  • There was a relation penalty if a settlement was lost between the owner of that settlement and their king. It was settlement value / 20K, now it is square root value of settlement value / 100K, (nearly 10x reduced). For example, for losing a castle with an estimated value of 600K, the lost relation was 30 previously, now it is 3. This was causing big relation drops when a settlement was lost and which in turn caused clans to defect because of this loss in relation.
  • An influence penalty has been added for if a settlement is lost (25 for a castle, 50 for a town).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from receiving a relation benefit after helping a lord they had met previously.
  • Cavalry advantage in simulations is reduced to 20% from 30%
  • Mercenary groups in taverns have increased in size (2x) and their average level has increased.
  • When a smelted item had a modifier, the wrong item could be removed from the inventory. It could also create instability in the inventory. This was fixed.

UPDATED 06/05/2020 for the Major Beta 1.3.0 Patch

This patch seems to have added at least 10 new Blue features and removed a Red one (the Lords going bankrupt)!
As always, if anybody notice anything wrong or that doesn't work and that started with this patch, link an independant thread in the forums either to me in a conversation or post the link in the comments of this thread, I'll add it to the thread!

I think You could add info that militia is not dropping down even when it should.
1.3.0 with all hotfixes. Militia at Pen Cannoc 514 with -4 daily and value never changes.

Might want to hold off on crossing off the bankrupcy one. See here.
Thank you for letting me know and for the exterior link, that's really helpful!

I think You could add info that militia is not dropping down even when it should.
1.3.0 with all hotfixes. Militia at Pen Cannoc 514 with -4 daily and value never changes.
Did you start the game with 1.3.0 hotfixed or updated it to that version!

nice work man, glad to see you got it pinned
Thank you very much! I'll try to keep this as updated as possible to make the full use of that pin!

What do the modifiers show? I know they upped the overall militia, but 514 does seem like quite a lot for any settlement.

+1 base
+7 from prosp
+4 from multiple policies (+1 each)
-16 from retirement
- 4 daily total but the value doesn't drop

Can't remember what was the major factor that made it rise to this but now it should drop but it's not working.

Started the game when 1.3.0 was out. Hotfixes applied as they were released.

What do the modifiers show? I know they upped the overall militia, but 514 does seem like quite a lot for any settlement.
I can confirm this has been an issue since release and is still present with a brand new game after today's hotfix. The number of militia is unable to go down period aside from deaths in combat.

Back
Top Bottom