Please change the dye colours for the Northern (or Eastern/"southern") empire. They are way too similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

67pLLzY.png
The clothing dyes/colours are waaay too similar for the Northern and Eastern empire.
Generally I dont mind the clothes colours as it makes allies and enemies easily distinguisable. But when its N Emp vs E Emp you have light purple vs purpley-blue

Maybe the eastern empire's clothes should be given much more saturation, so they are a darker and richer purple, or just make one of them a different colour all together (e.g. white or black).

Black (or very dark purple) clothes would even fit the Eastern empire if you claim it represents them in mourning over their dead emperor.

Better yet, remove the dye colors all together!
Then everyone just looks identical? just lots of brown leather and beige cloth lol.

Even if you mean just stick to flag-colours for dyes, this still doesn't fix empire-on empire battles or army on army with multiple bannermen, as they will all be coded for their own colour types (e.g. all North and east empire clans will still be in indistinguisable shades of purple, per their own flags)

They also need to add an option for enemy markers, rather than friendly ones.

I think if they made the North's clothing the same color as their shields and the West as well then we would have no problem
Even then, they're pretty similar (but anything is an improvement over the current situation).
You can see the northern empire shields on the floor in lighter purple and the eastern empire ones on my soldiers in darker purple
7EoYuEC.png

kvlcieM.png

Edit: looking back over those screenshots. Some of those deaths look brutal lol.

67pLLzY.png
The clothing dyes/colours are waaay too similar for the Northern and Eastern empire.
Generally I dont mind the clothes colours as it makes allies and enemies easily distinguisable. But when its N Emp vs E Emp you have light purple vs purpley-blue

Maybe the eastern empire's clothes should be given much more saturation, so they are a darker and richer purple, or just make one of them a different colour all together (e.g. white or black).

Black (or very dark purple) clothes would even fit the Eastern empire if you claim it represents them in mourning over their dead emperor.
Are we playing a different game?
There is no eastern empire?

Are we playing a different game?
There is no eastern empire?
Southern. I'd assumed it was eastern for some reason, probably the East-West Rome analogue.
That alone should indicate how indistinguisable the empire factions are (I know it's part of the civil war lore but still ... they just blend together, like their uniform colours)

I wouldnt' mind this change, or an option to set our own colors for them. All the colors except khuzait and aserai are hard for me to distinguish from each other.

Then everyone just looks identical? just lots of brown leather and beige cloth lol.

Even if you mean just stick to flag-colours for dyes, this still doesn't fix empire-on empire battles or army on army with multiple bannermen, as they will all be coded for their own colour types (e.g. all North and east empire clans will still be in indistinguisable shades of purple, per their own flags)

They also need to add an option for enemy markers, rather than friendly ones.
Its clear you haven't played previous M&B titles. Its a shame we got this new system to please new players. The overall banner and units designs could have been much much better if they hadn't followed one colour designs. And it even confuses people more.

Its clear you haven't played previous M&B titles. Its a shame we got this new system to please new players. The overall banner and units designs could have been much much better if they hadn't followed one colour designs. And it even confuses people more.
No I never got into the last gen of M&B, studies kept me too busy lol.

I don't think this was done just to please newer players, its probably more of a reflection of when the game seems to be set (or the period its meant to be imitating, anyway).

Personally, I don't care if troops on the battlefield are monochromatic or decked out in full-body heraldric tabards. I just want to be able to look at a guy and know if I should cut his head off or not, at just a glance (without resorting to those nasty looking floating markers).

The easiest way to do that, with how clothes are designed in the game, now, is to recolour these two imperial factions clothes further apart on the colour spectrum (Be it RGB or CMYK).

No I never got into the last gen of M&B, studies kept me too busy lol.

I don't think this was done just to please newer players, its probably more of a reflection of when the game seems to be set (or the period its meant to be imitating, anyway).

Personally, I don't care if troops on the battlefield are monochromatic or decked out in full-body heraldric tabards I just want to be able to look at a guy and know if I should cut his head off or not, at just a glance (without resorting to those nasty looking floating markers).
No they stated they took this direction for the game to prevent confusing new players because apperantly no one would be able to tell whos who, but we all did when we played warband. Anyway, all the new markers and simplified designs are there for the new players and still it confuses people more. You could tell whos who in warband just by looking at their armor designs but for some reason we cant tell whos who in bannerlord even with simplified colors. They did something wrong about that. I say you will get used to it over time, the game is new and you're new to the game give it a time until they reconsider their choices, if they ever do of course.

Anyway, all the new markers and simplified designs are there for the new players and still it confuses people more.
Yeah for an accessibility feature the floating markers over allies are not well thought out - they literally occlude the camera (e.g. when in a shield wall). Not sure why they put them over friendlies rather than enemies, which are further away and would take up less screen space. or only show them when holding Alt for a brief update.
Generally I can tell whose who now - after 100 hours - its just these two imperial factions that still blend together nastily.

Dude imagine how being colour blind feels like i lost 250 influence cause i raided a northern empire village while being at war with the southern.

I play with the "floating" banners above the heads turned off as its distracting. Playing as one of the "Empire" factions against another this way can be confusing as the colors are very similar.

I think it would be better to only use dye on tabard like armours and shields not every single piece of cloth but I have a feeling things will be changed before release due to the amount of complaints

No they stated they took this direction for the game to prevent confusing new players because apperantly no one would be able to tell whos who, but we all did when we played warband. Anyway, all the new markers and simplified designs are there for the new players and still it confuses people more. You could tell whos who in warband just by looking at their armor designs but for some reason we cant tell whos who in bannerlord even with simplified colors. They did something wrong about that. I say you will get used to it over time, the game is new and you're new to the game give it a time until they reconsider their choices, if they ever do of course.

Did you ever let the game time pass more than a few months in Warband? There was no way you could tell the difference after enough defections created mixed indistinguishable armies. I was hoping they would find a way force lords to only field troops of the faction they were currently part of but this color scheme is definitely better than nothing, if only they could get the Empire faction cloth to match the shield colors.

I played over 1200+ hours of Warband (probably half-again as much in WSE-enabled mods, so those aren't counted on my Steam stats) and the one-color banners don't confuse me at all. The sides are colored by factional affiliation, regardless of culture. It is difficult to imagine ways they could make it even easier.
You could tell whos who in warband just by looking at their armor designs but for some reason we cant tell whos who in bannerlord even with simplified colors.

This was difficult in Warband once lords started defecting, or in mods like Gekokujo where armor designs were similar or the same between factions.

Back
Top Bottom