Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for providing this glimpse of hope for some future features, Klebari.

However, I cannot help but really wonder about some of the plans outlined in the post.
Game and server stability, anti-cheat and ranked sound like really good and top-priority issues I am very glad to see are being worked on. However, there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgment or hint that the combat is fundamentally broken. Is the team aware of all the core issues concerning combat and proposed fixes? There have been tons of great threads all around during the beta and early EA, e.g. see this and this and this.

When you talk about changes like these relative to the size and workflow of the MP team, are these features outlined as release plans for say a 3-month period or longer? Basically, what release cycle are we looking at for the changes outlined in the thread.

And how does this fit into the long-term vision for MP, when will we start hearing about the integration of gamemodes like duel and battle, custom servers?

Thank you for your time.

Glad to see things are finally starting to move. Let's hope the effort snowballs like the SP factions at the start of EA.

I stand behind Marko's comment though. +1

Thumbs up on the communication but none of the major concerns were addressed. we've seen posts like these from the devs numerous times and it doesn't really tell us anything other than the obvious. please continue communication and get specific with us on combat, classes, and gamemodes

sounds amazing,
i have one question, do u care about the threads that we make in the forum and considering taking some point of views from the community?
or u will just keep going with a strict plan and never looking to the community at the moment ?

That's great news and good to hear from the MP devs.

I would add my agreement that in addition to all that, there are some combat reworks that in my opinion should take place as well. I hope we can have some dedicated time to combat changes over a couple of patches and give that aspect some much needed love.

That's great news and good to hear from the MP devs.

I would add my agreement that in addition to all that, there are some combat reworks that in my opinion should take place as well. I hope we can have some dedicated time to combat changes over a couple of patches and give that aspect some much needed love.

This. Cheers for the update, hope combat changes are in there somewhere.

Mp is dying due to terrible combat system, lack of balance, lack of dedicated servers and they put fighting with trolling as one of the top priority goals... ?‍♀️.omg can't believe it, maybe start working on javelins skins for a dlc instead.

Thanks for a hint of the organized roadmaps to come (hopefully for SP as well), for this one seems pretty makeshift and vague which is good a for a start but only for a start.

All your plans and ideas are surely welcome but what about the core gameplay? The combat and the class system? I'm unhappy with both and certainly not alone in feeling that way. Maybe remove the block delay for starters?

Warriors of Calradia,

We would like to share with you some of the improvements that we are currently working on for Multiplayer.

First and foremost on our list of improvements is stability. We are working very hard to ensure that you have a smooth experience that is free of technical difficulties and server crashes. We have addressed many issues in recent patches and will continue to do so until stability reaches a point that we are satisfied with.

Next up, we want to inform you that the anti-cheat integration will go live soon and be implemented on all servers.

On top of these technical improvements, we are also planning social improvements to address in-game trolling and similar problems. The new Player Reporting System is close to completion, which will allow players to report team killers and other kinds of behaviours that disturb the game. We will also be keeping a detailed game and chat logs.

Our Analytics System is up and running and we are closely monitoring all facets of all game modes. We are planning to periodically release Balance Patches to adjust the gameplay to make sure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.

We also have many new features currently in the development pipeline, such as the ability to find and add Recently Played Players as friends, forming Clans in-game, Ranked Matchmaking, new maps and more.

Our team is working very hard to ensure that we can deliver the quality that you deserve and we are looking forward to releasing all of these features and many more as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!
So, nothing about this is substantial. There's some good points in there, sure. Chat logs (as long as players can read their own log), Analytics should hopefully help tell you how few people are still interested in the current form of multiplayer, balancing is nice.

But come on, this is multiplayer. Aside from the broken combat (which I don't find as prevalent as the others here, but I defer to their expertise nonetheless) there are so many points that need to be addressed.
  • What is the current progress on duel?
  • On battle?
  • On server sizes?
  • We still can't play with groups larger than 6 people.
  • Why are you not moving Siege to custom servers in all regions?
  • How far along are the server files?
Until you can answer those questions, this is not a roadmap, just damage control.

Edit: I don't mean to say by this that I don't appreciate the effort to reach out to us. That's something we've been asking for and it's nice to see. But if you share stuff like this with us, please don't use standard corporate speech like this.

Last edited:
Thank you for providing this glimpse of hope for some future features, Klebari.

However, I cannot help but really wonder about some of the plans outlined in the post.
Game and server stability, anti-cheat and ranked sound like really good and top-priority issues I am very glad to see are being worked on. However, there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgment or hint that the combat is fundamentally broken. Is the team aware of all the core issues concerning combat and proposed fixes? There have been tons of great threads all around during the beta and early EA, e.g. see this and this and this.

When you talk about changes like these relative to the size and workflow of the MP team, are these features outlined as release plans for say a 3-month period or longer? Basically, what release cycle are we looking at for the changes outlined in the thread.

And how does this fit into the long-term vision for MP, when will we start hearing about the integration of gamemodes like duel and battle, custom servers?

Thank you for your time.

Thank you so making this post for all of us, Klebari & friends. I am of the same mind here as Marko and would love to hear from you.

Is this a start of some regular interaction with us? Or is this a one off before ya’ll disappear for a month or two again before posting again.

Excuse my skepticism but it would be nice to have a weekly post where you update us and some Q&As? Would settle some nerves around here.

This all sounds good for now. For me the priorities is the same as those above, get the combat solid then we can talk about MMR and stuff like that.

If I answer for the parts I am involved:
- Stability: Apart from game server related crashes, recently we had major issues with one of our providers. We are currently improving our system to handle these kinds of issues better. Also we are moving relevant services to another service provider. This will happen one part at a time and some has already been moved. Moving whole system will probably take around 1 month maybe 6 weeks. We are moving them slowly so each part is tested and monitored one at a time.
- Anti-cheat: With the next patch, anti-cheat implementation will be completed. Custom servers will also have anti-cheat and detected player will be kicked from game instead of what we did until now, logging their actions. Of course there can be improvements and bug fixes depending on the need.
- Player Reporting System: 1-2 weeks, depending on our patch schedule and tests. Detailed logging will be introduced at the same time.
- Analytics: This is used since the beta and gets updates as our designers need.
- Recently Played Players and Friends: 1-3 weeks, depending on our patch schedule and tests.
- Clans: This is gonna be implemented part by part. I am personally expecting first update regarding clans to be released this month but again depends on patch schedule and tests. Also we may want to add more features to it before releasing.

THIS!
Combat is the tracks this train is going on, we should set it perfectly straight before we even think about adding a new fancy wagon with a bar-restaurant.
Learn the game and it won't be as bad, The game is very much about timing and accuracy when it comes to melee combat. Plus alot of people complain about kick throws and shots being glitches or hacks. But it is just as much about timing and skill as any

Learn the game and it won't be as bad, The game is very much about timing and accuracy when it comes to melee combat. Plus alot of people complain about kick throws and shots being glitches or hacks. But it is just as much about timing and skill as any
A lot of the people complaining Are extreme veterans in the genre and have a solid idea of how the combat works; this isn’t a learn to play issue , but a mechanics issue

Most of the players complaining about the combat system are already the top players of this game.

Back
Top Bottom