The Final Release Date

What do you think?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure this game could be considered done in two years, let alone one at the pace they're at now.

But do you consider the game in its current state playable with very minimal bugs, or is the bugs quite big and annoying ?

But do you consider the game in its current state playable with very minimal bugs, or is the bugs quite big and annoying ?
there rnt many bugs in the stable version they put out, beta version is a bit more troublesome for some. but there is almost no kingdom management and diplomacy yet, so lategame is pretty much non existent and character progression is severely lacking and overhauled atm.

You can get a nice impression of the graphics, some castles and towns look breathtaking and experience some nice big battles. I'd say its a rather expensive tech demo at the moment, dont expect refined gameplay at this stage

A reasonable expectation would be about a year or two. Knowing Taleworlds' issues with organization and consistency and communication it might still take some 5 years for the game to be considered "finished" for most. And even then we won't have custom troops pahaha hang me

I don't think even the devs could answer that OP. A year was their estimate on the early access blurb. the game is extremely modular, they have already mentioned a desire to do some post release stuff but nothing is confirmed. its possible they might go the paradox continued development + dlc route.

idk, 10 and then if u take in consideration the dlc's another 7, then we have the multiplayer. My guess is another 34 year, but maybe we shouldn't have this big expectations.

The moment the sells stop so does the patching. Welcome to the world of EA.

Yup 11 days without news.

you clearly havent been following that they have said patches would be weekly now and some might take more. We will now be getting beta and alpha brances where they are trying to get them out weekly, thats likely been harder this past week with Covid19 and the Ramadan.

In the stable branch Theres almost no bugs, in the beta there are a few, its very playable, lacks some endgame content and features though, most people i have talked with have happily played 100-200 hours though, i my self was at about a 180 hours before i decided to wait a few patches to pick it up again. 100+ hours og gameplay is pretty good value for money, when alot of 60 euro games these days only have about 4-10 hours of campaign/story playtime.

With all this bugs around strange that it has "Very Positive" review rate on steam !!
It has a very positive rating because even at its bare bones, its still a grate game and most people actually read the early access tab on steam before they bought and knew what they were getting into, nobody were lied to about the state of the game.

It takes 3 times as long as they originally planned for the early release, so by that rate, 3 years is a safe bet for the duration of EA
They had not originally planned to make their own new engine from scratch though, they did that in 2014, meaning they had to start over on alot of their work, they did it to put out a better more modable game. We dont know how far they are with alot of the features that are missing, the framework for all of them could be there, just not finished, then its not as big a task to implement, but yes we dont know, so trying to make estimates without that knowlegde is pointless. Taleworlds them self have said they think about a year after ea release, hopefully within 2020. That statement came before Covid19 closed down the world though, so ad some delay from that.

you clearly havent been following that they have said patches would be weekly now and some might take more. We will now be getting beta and alpha brances where they are trying to get them out weekly, thats likely been harder this past week with Covid19 and the Ramadan.

In the stable branch Theres almost no bugs, in the beta there are a few, its very playable, lacks some endgame content and features though, most people i have talked with have happily played 100-200 hours though, i my self was at about a 180 hours before i decided to wait a few patches to pick it up again. 100+ hours og gameplay is pretty good value for money, when alot of 60 euro games these days only have about 4-10 hours of campaign/story playtime.

It has a very positive rating because even at its bare bones, its still a grate game and most people actually read the early access tab on steam before they bought and knew what they were getting into, nobody were lied to about the state of the game.

They had not originally planned to make their own new engine from scratch though, they did that in 2014, meaning they had to start over on alot of their work, they did it to put out a better more modable game. We dont know how far they are with alot of the features that are missing, the framework for all of them could be there, just not finished, then its not as big a task to implement, but yes we dont know, so trying to make estimates without that knowlegde is pointless. Taleworlds them self have said they think about a year after ea release, hopefully within 2020. That statement came before Covid19 closed down the world though, so ad some delay from that.

Sure is hard to use a PC indoors...

Sure is hard to use a PC indoors...
wow… so i dont even know where to start... a company has their own computers at their office… employés are rarely allowed to take their work home with them, plus a ton of other logistical issue... just wow… you know what… yeah sure you are completely right, also Covid actually makes people work faster as all their parents are dying making more time for game development…

wow… so i dont even know where to start... a company has their own computers at their office… employés are rarely allowed to take their work home with them, plus a ton of other logistical issue... just wow… you know what… yeah sure you are completely right, also Covid actually makes people work faster as all their parents are dying making more time for game development…
Bah it's overblown frankly. 250,000 deaths globally. Considering 1,300,000 a year die from just car accidents... better quarantine us away from cars as well. Meanwhile I'm still waiting in line behind 20 other people to buy a pack of smokes.

Covid 19 has a mortality rate of 1-2%. You have a 1 in 77 chance of dying in an automobile accident in the US. Seeing as I'm on the road nearly every day of my life and don't wear a crash helmet on the sidewalk I'm not exactly worried.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom