Good job TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

So with all this negativity going around the forum about the game not being finished and patches not being put out and lack of communication, I just wanted to say good job TaleWorlds.

Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord is one of those games I can sink 100s of hours into, even in its current state. Due to quarantine I'm pretty much limited as to where I can go, so I basically spend most of my days at home.

Since the game released I put 204 hrs into the game, not sure how or when but I haven't put this many hours into the game since the days of Witcher 3, Civilization 5, and Skyrim (I probably have over 2000 hours in all 3 combined)

This is a great game at its core and a very enjoyable one. Good job TeleWorlds, I can't wait to see more features coming!

Over 150 hours already. I wish we could make this thread filled with positive reviews contrary to the rant that has recently flooded the forums. I think it's due to the high popularity that this game has attained in such a state. Sure it needs to be improved but TaleWorlds has always been a studio that tries to do stuff by trial and error. Afterall, there's no other game like this and they have to create it from scratch. Good luck guys!

Overall, developers are doing a good job, they have focused on improving performance issues and creating a stable core before expanding features.

Their official communications, on the other hand, are lacking, there doesn't seem to be a point person responsible for letting us know about delays or issues that have held up patch releases. That doesn't mean that all communications are lacking since developers are posting on threads and giving us some insight on what they are doing and that they are looking into things we are reporting, like faction balance.

Having to go through threads looking for developer responses is not ideal and most people won't do that, that is why somebody needs to be looking for those pieces of information and relaying it to the community

Like I've said in other posts, bad news are better than no news at all.

As for you, get your helmet and armor because there will be angry peasants waving their pitchforks at you for showing appreciation, the bearers of the absolute truth have deemed appreciation to be the highest level of heresy out here.

Yeah, +200 hours and getting a lot of fun. Great game and It looks really promising.

+1 The game has over 87,000 reviews on Steam with the overwhelming majority of them very positive. Most people are busy actually playing/testing leaving this forum to be overrun by trolls and those expecting a completed game. We need a community manager to get rid of those only here to cause chaos...of course leaving the "constructive" criticism and suggestions alone as that belongs.

Devs are doing a good job and I expect to see much as the months go by.

Part of the reason for the uproar I think is that TW was so good on release with the daily patches (7 days a week!) and with communication. It is disappointing to see the communication drop off a bit, but the devs still do post in the forums and engage with the community (especially mexxico, he/she has been great with taking feedback from players and providing info on how systems work, how they're being tweaked etc.).

It would be nice to have some centralization of the communication, however little they might have to say. Radio silence is never good for a community and it's obviously already rustled some feathers. While it might take a little time away from development, I think it would affect the environment on the forums and the community in general which is IMO critical for the success of the game, as I'm sure TW understands.

Ultimately, I trust TW is doing their best and we all have a great game to look forward to.

Right on +1, this game is amazing, running castle battlements, commanding hundreds of troops in the field and fighting right alongside them, go anywhere OW, cheekily voice telling’s, the list is endless.

Super job TW. (y)

410 hours, perhaps one or two less while drinking cofee or something similar.

The game was great schock (positive), I have not play any other game since though ofc now am bit weary what is expected if one is focused too much on only thing I guess but it is what I like very much when something new good comes.

Right now I hope for a patch improving exp gaining like why first two atributes of a char practically are 0 values not 2s, also penalty on exp gain though higher levels / skills require much more exp already, improvement in mobility of Sturgia also an economical boost for Sturgia and Aserai. An ease of communication with compagnions with parties in my army also disabling them to take more troops from freed ones over their party size cap what causes desertions, perhaps disabling them giving troops to garisons.

From what I wrote that what I expect hopefully soon the reason is - why I expect it - because everything else is unbelievable great even though I overplayed this game perhaps a bit:smile:

Those patches which were introduced on release were small and minor easy fixes. Whats left now is Features, content updartes, overhauls and game mechanic introduction.

Where exactly developers wrote that they will release new patch every week?

The beta branch will include content that has gone through our internal testing and will be exposed to public testers for at least one week. During this period, we will address discovered issues with hotfixes. Our goal is a weekly cycle where we push our internal version to the beta and the prior beta version to the main Steam build. However, if serious challenges arise, we may delay an update until those issues have been addressed.

I think most people relate to this. They said that each beta version is going to be there with us for AT LEAST one week.

Edit: Here's the link.

I've got 273 hours on a computer that is well below the minimum specs \o/ I have played less stable games on full release when I was over the minimum specs and put fewer hours in them than this.

Thanks for posting this. I hope we can make it into a space where people express their gratefulness for the hard work developers have put in.

Sure, the game has problems, their communication has problems. It would take abnormal levels of fanboyism to deny that. However, millions of people are having a great time with the game and will probably pour in thousands of hours into the game just like what happened with Warband. Plus, TaleWorlds has a good history when it comes to self-publishing a game into Early Access and polishing the game.
The amount of toxicity and entitlement we've been seeing on the forums is just too much. Especially when you consider that we are going through an epidemic that is draining not only on our resources and abilities to work effectively as a group, but also on our mental health. It is definitely not a good time to deal with a lot of pressure, because there is already a lot of things going on with our personal lives. Maybe there's not much going on for you and you just want to play the game and have it in a better state than what we have now, but, for a moment, look beyond the protagonism of your own life and see that other people might be worse than you are. Sure, write feedback, say what you think could be done better, but be kind and charitable about it.

At the end of the day, if you are getting too upset about how things are going, or are surprised at t he bugs and missing features the game has, just take a moment and consider that supporting a game through Early Acess, while we are living the times that we are living, might not be for you. And that's okay, it doesn't make you less of a gamer or whatever.

I certainly won't say the game isn't without flaws

But I can't deny that I'm playing it and still enjoying it very much. I'm excited to see how Taleworlds shapes the game going forward (if they do anything like they did with M&B and M&B Warband, they'll take our feedback into account)

I don't want to be salty but how many of those hours are actually spent playing?
I mean, most of the playtime is spent running around aimlessly farming looters and recruiting troops, then autoresolving looters and recruiting troops again and again.
And once you spent 2-3 IRL hours doing this you have to savescum to not loose a single big battle 'cause, even if you're the lord of two cities and rich AF, you'll need to farm looters, recruit, farm looters.
Beside this,there's nothing to do in peacetime except grinding troops xp (again) and by midgame you're floating in gold and influence.
I spent 117hrs in this game but I'm far from satisfied.

And all of this could be acceptable, because I bought an EA game, if the devs communicated a little more, giving us an even vague roadmap or weekly dev diaries like pdx does.

I don't want to be salty but how many of those hours are actually spent playing?
I mean, most of the playtime is spent running around aimlessly farming looters and recruiting troops, then autoresolving looters and recruiting troops again and again.
And once you spent 2-3 IRL hours doing this you have to savescum to not loose a single big battle 'cause, even if you're the lord of two cities and rich AF, you'll need to farm looters, recruit, farm looters.
Beside this,there's nothing to do in peacetime except grinding troops xp (again) and by midgame you're floating in gold and influence.
I spent 117hrs in this game but I'm far from satisfied.

And all of this could be acceptable, because I bought an EA game, if the devs communicated a little more, giving us an even vague roadmap or weekly dev diaries like pdx does.

Sounds like OW sandbox games are not for you, maybe something like star wars battlefront would suit – instance action going from battle to battle.

I'm probably on my 7th character, restarted clean as the patches hit. Taking it as it goes, set up my own personal goals and prefences and just stay away from any tedium or grind. Who the hell would want to be king? Too much work and the game isn't ready for that anyway. It's awesome to just roam around, hunt some bandits and take in the sights. Rent out as a merc maybe. My favorite moment was probably when I had just escaped from being captive, got chased down by some steppe bandits and dueled them with like 15% health in a Sturgian village, at dusk, while the snow was falling. Barely made it.

Inappropriate behavior
+1 The game has over 87,000 reviews on Steam with the overwhelming majority of them very positive. Most people are busy actually playing/testing leaving this forum to be overrun by trolls and those expecting a completed game. We need a community manager to get rid of those only here to cause chaos...of course leaving the "constructive" criticism and suggestions alone as that belongs.

Devs are doing a good job and I expect to see much as the months go by.

- snip -

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom