Bannerlord is fine, we just have to adapt to it

Users who are viewing this thread

(ps) Not to mention, since you people are so keen to drag in VC you loved so much, I must also mention how funny and absurd it is, in the way none of you seem to remember the initial buggy, unoptimized mess it was, with a significant amount of comments criticizing it for just simply being an amalgamation of certain mods.

Yep. All this noisy past is suddenly gone off the record, and all that's left is a beautiful, rosy pink memory of a superior game.

Let me interject here,

VC was a 10 dollar DLC at launch.....

Wait for it..... here it is....
your comparison:
Bannerlord= 8 years of production....:iamamoron::iamamoron:

Now, which one of these actually has coherent field battles among other things?

(ps) Not to mention, since you people are so keen to drag in VC you loved so much, I must also mention how funny and absurd it is, in the way none of you seem to remember the initial buggy, unoptimized mess it was, with a significant amount of comments criticizing it for just simply being an amalgamation of certain mods.
Still had more fun playing in that buggy version, than playing now in Bannerlord.

Go play some mods for M&B, seriously. Bannerpage is available for download right now.

Remember what I said about "need to step up the argument"? Thanks for proving the point.
A lot of bullsh** claims, and the first pushback you get, and the response is "go play some mods."

You are more than welcome to love the Bannerlord atmosphere, don't let me stop you LOL.

See, it's less about loving the atmosphere. There are plenty of problems BL has.
It's more about clowns like you making up sh** to criticize the game in the areas that's mostly fine.

Let me interject here,

VC was a 10 dollar DLC at launch.....

Wait for it..... here it is....
your comparison:
Bannerlord= 8 years of production....:iamamoron::iamamoron:

A DLC that works off the previous FINISHED, CORE, GAME.

Is this game finished? Somebody force you to buy early access?

I mean, I know you'll probably throw a fit about someone mentioning "it's early access" again, but you still can't deny it, can you.

If we compare the current state of Bannerlord, it would be somewhere around MB1 was before there was VC, before there was WB, and before an official release through Paradox.

Still had more fun playing in that buggy version, than playing now in Bannerlord.

I did too, VC lacked armors and was a messy. But there was far more content and options. That is an objective fact here that some have a hard time digesting.

Because it worked off an already finished game that was MB1 and WB expansion. If you want to make that comparison, try comparing it to some future Bannerlord expansion DLC that comes out -- would be the fair point here.

Like mentioned just above, you guys are basically saying the same thing as

"Oh VC is more fun than MB1 in 2006."

Were you there back in 2006?

Remember what I said about "need to step up the argument"? Thanks for proving the point.
A lot of bullsh** claims, and the first pushback you get, and the response is "go play some mods."

See, it's less about loving the atmosphere. There are plenty of problems BL has.
It's more about clowns like you making up sh** to criticize the game in the areas that's mostly fine.

A DLC that works off the previous FINISHED, CORE, GAME.

Is this game finished? Somebody force you to buy early access?

I mean, I know you'll probably throw a fit about someone mentioning "it's early access" again, but you still can't deny it, can you.

If we compare the current state of Bannerlord, it would be somewhere around MB1 was before there was VC, before there was WB, and before an official release through Paradox.

All this conjecture about argument and you haven't proven anything more than an unwavering commitment to shiny graphics. As I said, you are more than welcome to believe BL is a better product than VC.

I just want damn servers... no reason why they cant have more regions and matchmaking for regions, most people dont even have servers to play the bare bones game they have released.

There have been many complaints about the state of the game: lacking depth, missing features, not enough communication, possible ideas, etc.. Some of them are solid concerns but many are completely missing the mark. In my humble opinion, those arguably 'misguided' complaints are mainly due to unrealistic expectations; and contradicting common recognition, those unrealistic expectations have very little to do with 'the game is just in EA'. Therefore, it is very important to adjust your expectations, especially for the new players.

All in all, my suggestion is: adjust your expectations and hope for the best. Every paid customer is entitled to a finished product. We could push the devs to make the game better (considering it's in EA and not finished), and that never-ending bargaining process and chess game are how the market economy works. However, try to be reasonable and control your expectations. Getting too frustrated because of unrealistic expectations won't help the state of the game, and more importantly, it won't help your life experience, which is what really matters and why we play games in the first place.

Isnt that why mods come out? To allow expectations and depth to this game. Im sure we are all aware of the improvements mods have over vanilla warband or BL in the future. Its kinda sad that this viewpoint is accepted with a game that literally could've just released BL as EA with all the same things in warband with its current engine and then work on improvements and suggestions. It would have more depth to work with than BL at the moment. Yes we would complain then because its the same game, but BL how it currently is after 8 yrs (EA or not), is pretty far away from hopefully anyone's expectations.

Im not one of the people demanding a patch or yelling at my screen over this game, but im reading many comments stating a issue with lack of communication from devs, concerns on a dev roadmap at this point, sooo many issues with this game with the belief that EA may be over in a year. These are legit concerns and its not high or entitled expectations to feel this way. They dont owe us but we have a voice also.

Last edited:
All this conjecture about argument and you haven't proven anything more than an unwavering commitment to shiny graphics. As I said, you are more than welcome to believe BL is a better product than VC.

I've just proven your claims were false, and provided sufficient refutation as to why your personal preference of what's fun or not is from an unfair comparison.

This is the third time I have to tell you that your argumentation sucks, because in the short exchange, every time I provided my refutation, your response is:

"Well I think it's not as fun"
"Well I had more fun with VC"
"Well you're just a fanboi"

...so to speak.

Btw, speaking of rosy pink memories, this is what MB1 looked like during its beta stages. Screenshot dated July 3, 2008.

486ce908d22f5.jpg

You people really don't know shi*.

Isnt that why mods come out? To allow expectations and depth to this game. Im sure we are all aware of the improvements mods have over vanilla warband or BL in the future. Its kinda sad that this viewpoint is excepted with a game that literally could've just released BL as EA with all the same things in warband with its current engine and then work on improvements and suggestions. It would have more depth to work with than BL at the moment. Yes we would complain then because its the same game, but BL how it currently is after 8 yrs (EA or not), is pretty far away from hopefully anyone's expectations.

Im not one of the people demanding a patch or yelling at my screen over this game, but im reading many comments stating a issue with lack of communication from devs, concerns on a dev roadmap at this point, sooo many issues with this game with the belief that EA may be over in a year. These are legit concerns and its not high or entitled expectations to feel this way. They dont owe us but we have a voice also.

I have spent close to 2,000 hours modding and playing M&B mods. This is an empty shell in so many ways, don't get me started.

I've just proven your claims were false, and provided sufficient refutation as to why your personal preference of what's fun or not is from an unfair comparison.

This is the third time I have to tell you that your argumentation sucks, because in the short exchange, every time I provided my refutation, your response is:

"Well I think it's not as fun"
"Well I had more fun with VC"
"Well you're just a fanboi"

...so to speak.

Btw, speaking of rosy pink memories, this is what MB1 looked like during its beta stages. Screenshot dated July 3, 2008.

486ce908d22f5.jpg

You people really don't know shi*.

LOL, okay, we agree to disagree.

Now that they have made millions off of Bannerlord I hope they hire more developers, maybe some more experienced ones too, to finish the game.

I have spent close to 2,000 hours modding and playing M&B mods. This is an empty shell in so many ways, don't get me started.

Really shows where your bias comes from, don't it.

No knowledge of the base game, or what state the things are in beta, and basically have played shi*ton of mods with all sorts of pamperous junk that panders to every player demand and fantasy.

"Empty shell" my arse.

You don't know wtf an "empty shell" even means. If you want to claim this UNFINISHED game is an "empty shell," go and actually try playing the UNFINISHED state of the base game you've played 2,000 hours with junkmods.

(ps) exact frickin' type of people that give honest modders a bad name, every time a fanboi pops up in the forums and starts shi**ng on the game with "oh even this mod I played was better" crap.

No knowledge of the base game, or what state the things are in beta, and basically have played shi*ton of mods with all sorts of pamperous junk that panders to every player demand and fantasy.

"Empty shell" my arse.

You don't know wtf an "empty shell" even means. If you want to claim this UNFINISHED game is an "empty shell," go and actually try playing the UNFINISHED state of the base game you've played 2,000 hours with junkmods.

(ps) exact frickin' type of people that give honest modders a bad name, every time a fanboi pops up in the forums and starts shi**ng on the game with "oh even this mod I played was better" crap.

LOL, this is even better than the last one.....conjuring up nonsense...

About OP...I never played WB in my life, so I jumped into hype train with BL and I was wrong and it's on me. I am playing strategy games for last 10 years, almost exclusively, and when you look steam page tags, this game is: medieval - STRATEGY - open world - RPG... IN last 10 years i have never seen game with self-preserving AI respawning armies after defeat, respawning food when city is starving, and many others questionable core game mechanics. For me personally this is unacceptable, and i don't like it, it's unnatural and it's bad for game. So until devs fix this I will never be able to adapt knowing all this "AI cheats" in game, it's more like survival game than strategy game because they want to make it challenging?!
With 90% approval on steam, many will say who cares what I think, but I still think core game mechanics economy and war are broken.

"Empty shell" my arse.

wouldn't empty shell be his comparing vanilla warband to a modded version? how is that false or make him ignorant to anything this thread is about. Im sure he as well as myself, have more fun with depth added with mods for BL in the future. I dont mean to attack you but this sounds like a "purist" stance and i dont see the issue comparing modded version or DLC of a game 10+ years old to the BL EA version. Im sure many of use here that enjoyed AD 1257 or the Last days can understand that BL isn't going to be equal in depth at the moment. He isn't wrong that BL is dry compared to many mods.

Now that they have made millions off of Bannerlord I hope they hire more developers, maybe some more experienced ones too, to finish the game.
Just throwing more developers at a software projetct usually slows development down.

Anyway, I fully expect them to add the missing features themselves. Most of the stuff that's missing is rather minor compared to the bigger picture. I hope they use the money to further develop the game for many years.

Actually, I would be fine with even less content in an EA game. I was in several of them, last was Grim Dawn. Believe me, in the first release, there was very little content. That was OK.

No, what bothers me with Bannerlord is that the core mechanics have all been changed and that they're all over the place. I'm fine with a quite empty game and some sketchy roadmap to were it's going.
But you need strong, coherent basics and a global focus. This is not what Bannerlord looks like at this moment. It looks like something designed by a committee with no clear direction. And the lack of communication by the devs, their recent patches, don't really help instill confidence.
I'd like this game to be better than original M&B or VC, which I both played for thousands of hours. But right now, I'm worried that it will not be.

Back
Top Bottom