Users who are viewing this thread

This idea is something that came to me as I wanted to add two scars to my character, instead of a single one.
I tried making an image example for it, but I'm still not that experienced with image editing, so any comment on it would be very appreciated :giggle:

Scar-Paint-Interface.png

Functions work around the Layer Selector window.

+
Add a new layer to the Layer Selector and automatically selects the new layer.

-
Delete currently selected layer.
Click to move selected layer's effect by moving your mouse.
Use mouse wheel to change the angle.
Click LMB again to stop moving. Cursor is hidden while moving the layer's effect.
Mirror layer's effect horizontally.
(Mirroring vertically is unneeded as you can mirror horizontally and use Move to spin it 180º)

Layer selector window.
Click once to show the window and again to hide it.
In theory, this would allow for any number of scars and war paints one on top of the another at any position or angle the user might wish for.

You can click and drag the layer selector window around in order to better see what effect you are choosing.

Extra: A "Size" selection slider can be added as well to control the size of the current layer's effect.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Last edited:
The latter
yeah, that would be nice
Oh :giggle:
In my case, I really like the idea of adding new scars to my character for every big battle that he ends going down with a head injury, and while thinking how it could be done, I decided to try making that image.

I think they might just possibly add body scars and tattoos in the future as well, but as the body is always hidden by the clothes, that would already be too much, but multiple scars and ink layers to the face is doable.

Either way, I really wanted to suggest this as soon as it came to mind.
Hope the image example looks okay...

This idea is something that came to me as I wanted to add two scars to my character, instead of a single one.
I tried making an image example for it, but I'm still not that experienced with image editing, so any comment on it would be very appreciated :giggle:

when i was making my character i was really dissapointed by the fact that i cant have scars and warpaint at the same time. plus i like using war paint for battles only i dont want to go around every day with warpaint on my face. it would also be cool if we could choose how big the scar is. really love this idea. good job with the picture as well.

when i was making my character i was really dissapointed by the fact that i cant have scars and warpaint at the same time. plus i like using war paint for battles only i dont want to go around every day with warpaint on my face. it would also be cool if we could choose how big the scar is. really love this idea.

It could be interesting to have an option to set some warpaint/make up layers to only show during battles and others only when with civilian outfits. I like that idea a LOT.

That is really interesting.
Scars would be on at all times, as you can't add scars for battle and remove them whenever you want, but for war paint and possibly makeup in the future, if TW adds it to the game using the same scars and warpaint system, that could be interesting.

A female character could have make up layers only show when she is a civilian and a war paint when she is in battle, yet have some scars that will never be hidden...

good job with the picture as well.

Thank you a lot :giggle:
I am still very amateur so it was quite hard to do it, but I really wanted to make something that looked somewhat "realistic", so I worked very hard on that.
There are, like, over 40 layers on the .xcf file I have saved of it...[/QUOTE]

It could be interesting to have an option to set some warpaint/make up layers to only show during battles and others only when with civilian outfits. I like that idea a LOT.
there is a thread about loadout. it would be cool that they added the war paint option to that. that way your character can have warpaint only when he goes to battle.

there is a thread about loadout. it would be cool that they added the war paint option to that. that way your character can have warpaint only when he goes to battle.

I saw that thread and I definitely like the idea.
Having the possibility to condition your warpaint to a loadout would definitely be cool, because you could even choose to have one paint for field battles and a different paint for sieges, yet when on town, to have makeup for female characters, if they end up adding makeup to the game using the same war paint/scar window with the layers system as I believe could be possible.

This would be great.
Why can't my Sturgian Shield Maiden not have face paint and a scar

Right? Would definitely look awesome to be allowed to mix and move things a little.
215112a35231816e0adcc86a64623f70.jpg

Yeah would be pretty cool. I always like Customizing my characters a ton in games. Sometimes takes me hours ??

Ooooooo that's what I imagine playing a Battanian/Sturgian Shield Maiden would look like.

I do the exact same thing XD
Like, I could spend legit over a few hours just customizing my character.
... I can spend a lot of time just making the nose... I don't know why I take so long making the nose... but there is something about the nose...

Extra: With a system like that for scars and paints, in the future TaleWorlds could possibly add a pack of "parts" of scars and paints just so you could make your own shaped as you like it.
Like letters, runes, simple straight and curved lines, scars that have certain curvatures and things like that.

As I mentioned with @Lilkidlover, they could even use it for make up, specially if there is something like a loadout system and you could associate certain things to a specific loadout.
So during battles, your shield maiden could have her war paint battle ready, while at towns she could have civilian make up or just no war paint to walk around without you having to go into the editor to remove the paint and then having to go there again to add it back before a fight.

I do the exact same thing XD
Like, I could spend legit over a few hours just customizing my character.
... I can spend a lot of time just making the nose... I don't know why I take so long making the nose... but there is something about the nose...

Extra: With a system like that for scars and paints, in the future TaleWorlds could possibly add a pack of "parts" of scars and paints just so you could make your own shaped as you like it.
Like letters, runes, simple straight and curved lines, scars that have certain curvatures and things like that.

As I mentioned with @Lilkidlover, they could even use it for make up, specially if there is something like a loadout system and you could associate certain things to a specific loadout.
So during battles, your shield maiden could have her war paint battle ready, while at towns she could have civilian make up or just no war paint to walk around without you having to go into the editor to remove the paint and then having to go there again to add it back before a fight.
Haha the noses bug me too. I think I put a hour and a half into BL character making every save.

That would be cool. Being able to shape the scars and the way paint looks.

Yeah that's a bit of a hassle for me so a loudout would be nice.

Haha the noses bug me too. I think I put a hour and a half into BL character making every save.

That would be cool. Being able to shape the scars and the way paint looks.

Yeah that's a bit of a hassle for me so a loudout would be nice.

Funny thing is, most good helmets in the mid-game stage are closed helmets, so I'll spend hours making my characters face, I don't get to see my character barely ever during any sort of cinematic or fight and if for some reason I get to see my character, he'll look something like this:
templar_knight_by_emmanuelbirks-.jpg

Either way, I really like to make my character look exactly like I want him to xD
And I can still see his face in the menus and the encyclopedia.

What's a Helmet? ?? I know it puts me at a disadvantage but i almost never have my character wear a helmet if I have a choice. Tis the woes of Fashion.

"Is it better to die pretty or to live ugly?"
HAHA
There are a few cool looking helmets that offer good protection and are open faced, but indeed a lot of the helmets in the game are awful.
Historically accurate, but awful XD

For now, my character looks like this:
Thoriaz-de-Goucan.png

There are some helmets I refuse to use even if they will offer better protection if they look too bad.
Like the "head bucket", which is the only way I can call that helmet.
3f3c936cf42e615b9870974e4e93ebd6--medieval-armor-medieval-fantasy.jpg

HAHA
There are a few cool looking helmets that offer good protection and are open faced, but indeed a lot of the helmets in the game are awful.
Historically accurate, but awful XD

For now, my character looks like this:
Thoriaz-de-Goucan.png

There are some helmets I refuse to use even if they will offer better protection if they look too bad.
Like the "head bucket", which is the only way I can call that helmet.
3f3c936cf42e615b9870974e4e93ebd6--medieval-armor-medieval-fantasy.jpg
I only use the Battanian one that's sorta open with the plume and the Khuzuait Plumes one just cause they're really nice tbh.
Same with Armours sone of it is bad and some isn't size set for some models. Got a cape flying half a foot above my shoulders when I tried one
Pretty much ?? I think I'll take one for the team and die ?

Back
Top Bottom