Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is no patch today I want a statement when the next one will be delivered or why it takes so long to get 1.3 stable.
If someone or many of the team are I'll it's no problem and God bless them but I think every player who bought the game has the right to know when the next patch will be delivered / why the delay happens?

If there is no patch today I want a statement when the next one will be delivered or why it takes so long to get 1.3 stable.
If someone or many of the team are I'll it's no problem and God bless them but I think every player who bought the game has the right to know when the next patch will be delivered / why the delay happens?
you must be new here...
transparency has been TaleWorlds #1 issue for YEARS now and that hasn't changed much with EA release.

TW already sold more than 6 million copy and earned a lot of money with the game didn't complete. Why do you think they work hard for the game they already made huge profit?

I believe they enjoying kebab barbecue party with the money we paid instead of hire more guys to complete this game.

One day when they spent all their money they earned with this uncompleted game, they will release complete version of bannerlord.

And we stupid dogs and pigs will buy that.

I am entitled. Entitled to the promise of the game I paid for. Entitled to receive regular updates as a result of my patronage. Entitled to the eventuality of a finished product. And as a customer of an early access title, dare I say it, entitled to regular updates with respect to communication (as essentially an investor in the production of a game).
Great post and 100% true, but it will unfortunately fall on the deaf ears of every irrational fanboy that rushes to defend TW the moment anyone voices any valid criticism.

We paid AAA price for a D- game that was promised to be in a stable state with only "obscure" bugs. The reality is very different and as you say communication is pretty much non-existent. Make your voice heard. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/

TW already sold more than 6 million copy and earned a lot of money with the game didn't complete. Why do you think they work hard for the game they already made huge profit?

I believe they enjoying kebab barbecue party with the money we paid instead of hire more guys to complete this game.

One day when they spent all their money they earned with this uncompleted game, they will release complete version of bannerlord.

And we stupid dogs and pigs will buy that.

C'mon... TW guys are working even weekends and they are also persons who deserve enjoy holidays.

Not sure if they have hired new people but the current TW team is working hard for sure.

I dont know why everyone is so mad about a patch not being here every other day they've done a good job updating this game so far. A lot of other developers have gone much longer with much less patches and they still have bigger errors. TW is doing great if you ask me.

C'mon... TW guys are working even weekends and they are also persons who deserve enjoy holidays.

Not sure if they have hired new people but the current TW team is working hard for sure.

Show me the proves for your statement!
I just see a game which should get weekly updates and the last "little fix"is 5 days ago

I usually don't care about patches, but i was waiting this one ... Cause in 1.3 they did some changes that breaks all the mods out there, and force people to have mods only for stable or only for beta version, what is a f PAIN. I'm fed up having bug report and people complaining about my mod simply because they use it on the wrong version.

So yes i was waiting for 1.3 to go stable so i could work on my mod and not make public relation all the time. They want to go on holiday? Fine i'm ok with that, but fix your mess before! You don't break half of you product into pieces just before going on Holiday that's common sense! And by the way, they made updates last week and no patch note was released about it. What's the problem with taleworld suddenly?

Put this 1.3 to stable and don't launch the 1.4 if you are not ready for a new beta, but fix this mess ...

I made a purchase and now I demand my product, jesus chrise how entitled am i....

They said it would be in EA for a year... they don't need to post a patch every week if they don't feel they have something worth patching. There will be multiple tasks ahead which may take a lot of development time - time which would be dramatically increased if they are trying to meet fictional deadlines and cutting corners to do so.

So long as content continues to come it's ridiculous to 'demand' a content patch on a timer - that's not how good development works.

I dont know why everyone is so mad about a patch not being here every other day they've done a good job updating this game so far. A lot of other developers have gone much longer with much less patches and they still have bigger errors. TW is doing great if you ask me.

We don't need "every other day". Once a week or so should suffice. The last stable patch was 11 days ago, the game is still such buggy mess despite multiple patches (some things even degraded since 1.0 release), lacking even the basic content like perks. We're losing patience.

My guess is they are working on something large.

Thats what everyone thought when 1.2 became stable. And they changed NOTHING not 1 thing so dont believe it.
There will be 1.3 Beta = 1.3 Stable in a few weeks when they finished their holiday

Lot of other developers havent had that much success with releasing EA title, and i am pretty sure TW knew how hyped the game was, so the sales werent a surprise. Of course when you get so much sales of it, you can expect more demands from the people, and if its not delivered or at least not explained, well then the complains start, at first slowly and then, well its like an avalanche...

I am not sure if you are following the announcements from TW. People are not complaining about no patches coming out EVERY OTHER DAY. TW has promised to do weekly updates with beta branches and later alpha branches. Now we don't see any alpha branches, and there had not been an update for more than a week.
It would be fine if TW comes out and explains what is happening here. Are they enjoying a holiday, which is fine btw? Is there a change of plan? Any new developments that may need more time? Any of these would satisfy a majority of the screaming players. But nothing, radio silent. So I say the complaining sentiments of the community are well justified.

jebus rist.... they stated to, three weeks ago, that we would now be entering a period where patches would be weekly or maybe not even that, because they had not started working on bigger things than just fixes and balance. My guess for over a week now has been that we will se a new beta and alpha branch come out on either 8th or 15th of april and that the alpha will be the first to have actual new features or complete reworks in it. Have a bit of patience, they stated how this would be before they even put the game up for sale.

I am not sure if you are following the announcements from TW. People are not complaining about no patches coming out EVERY OTHER DAY. TW has promised to do weekly updates with beta branches and later alpha branches. Now we don't see any alpha branches, and there had not been an update for more than a week.
It would be fine if TW comes out and explains what is happening here. Are they enjoying a holiday, which is fine btw? Is there a change of plan? Any new developments that may need more time? Any of these would satisfy a majority of the screaming players. But nothing, radio silent. So I say the complaining sentiments of the community are well justified.
No, they did not promise absolute weekly patches. They said time frame might change if there are issues, and clearly there are issues with 1.3 patch.

No, they did not promise absolute weekly patches. They said time frame might change if there are issues, and clearly there are issues with 1.3 patch.
The beta branch will include content that has gone through our internal testing and will be exposed to public testers for at least one week. During this period, we will address discovered issues with hotfixes. Our goal is a weekly cycle where we push our internal version to the beta and the prior beta version to the main Steam build. However, if serious challenges arise, we may delay an update until those issues have been addressed.

This is what they said. Now you say there 'clearly' are issues with 1.3 patch. But we are not sure what these issues are in the eyes of the devs. And more importantly, they have not been communicating with us about this. That's why I made my reply, and partly the reason why the OP made his post.

At this point, with the number of people complaining, if I worked at TW I would just throw out a **** off patch so people stop with the "ThErE WaS No PatCH fOr (amount) DayS.

Updating the game takes time, yall knew what yall signed up for when buying into Early Access games. Next time just wait for full release if you are not willing to wait.

Although I will say one thing most people got right. More communication from TW and an approximate roadmap would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom