MP dying real fast

Users who are viewing this thread

No I normally keep them in line formation, you would expect the AI to brace against cav anyway. Also spears do little damage to cav so it still doesn't help.
Try telling them to charge and let them run around attacking if there is more Cavalry but don`t forget to call them back to you when you are good.
They attack horse so the horse gets stopped and then they kill the bot...

The whole idea of automatch is a failure. Most want servers. I want to be able to pick the server, not wait some god awful time to get into a warmup. It is just broken in so many ways compared to the excellent Mount and Siege server in warband.

The only use of such matchmaking, is to create some leveling up mechanic or some competitive score to match players. This destroys communities and devolves into farming xp.

I'm quite sure most fans of warband multiplayer want the same. What is still terrific about warband today is the amount of community control.

I predict most people as soon as there are non-official servers, will flock to the old style of joining a game without ever looking at the automatch tab ever again. The devs will be forced this way imo. But it would be better if they don't waste any time on automatch.

The community fixed multiplayer in warband, that was always a bit neglected by taleworlds. The devs should 100% go the same direction again. Please release the tight control asap so we can have fun with decent servers instead of wondering when the freaking round may start. Oh and we can't even pick the side... Give us control asap.

The whole idea of automatch is a failure. Most want servers. I want to be able to pick the server, not wait some god awful time to get into a warmup. It is just broken in so many ways compared to the excellent Mount and Siege server in warband.

The only use of such matchmaking, is to create some leveling up mechanic or some competitive score to match players. This destroys communities and devolves into farming xp.

I'm quite sure most fans of warband multiplayer want the same. What is still terrific about warband today is the amount of community control.

I predict most people as soon as there are non-official servers, will flock to the old style of joining a game without ever looking at the automatch tab ever again. The devs will be forced this way imo. But it would be better if they don't waste any time on automatch.

The community fixed multiplayer in warband, that was always a bit neglected by taleworlds. The devs should 100% go the same direction again. Please release the tight control asap so we can have fun with decent servers instead of wondering when the freaking round may start. Oh and we can't even pick the side... Give us control asap.
ranked matchmaking shouldve been the only matchmaking there is... but i doubt that they can balance the classes so only can hope for BLMM

ranked matchmaking shouldve been the only matchmaking there is... but i doubt that they can balance the classes so only can hope for BLMM
God no. There should be no matchmaking at all. So many games are ruined by this. Mount and blade was fine without it.

Matchmaking brings the worst of people's behaviour out. You get smurf accounts. You get people leaving for stats. Then you get a penalty system for leaving (or having a bad connection). Then people may be sent to purgatory for disconnecting etc etc.

If they drop all and any matchmaking...Click server of liking. Pick team & class. Have fun.

Mark my words. As soon as people can ditch the matchmaking, almost everyone will. And you will be stuck in a queue with a party waiting for ghosts to play with while the rest is having fun on a diverse choice of servers. And taleworlds will have spent a lot of time and money on something almost nobody wants, and nobody needs.

God no. There should be no matchmaking at all. So many games are ruined by this. Mount and blade was fine without it.

Matchmaking brings the worst of people's behaviour out. You get smurf accounts. You get people leaving for stats. Then you get a penalty system for leaving (or having a bad connection). Then people may be sent to purgatory for disconnecting etc etc.

If they drop all and any matchmaking...Click server of liking. Pick team & class. Have fun.

Mark my words. As soon as people can ditch the matchmaking, almost everyone will. And you will be stuck in a queue with a party waiting for ghosts to play with while the rest is having fun on a diverse choice of servers. And taleworlds will have spent a lot of time and money on something almost nobody wants, and nobody needs.
i meant it should be the only mode theres a matchmaking in, you cant have a ranked mode without matchmaking

Ah yes I understand what you mean now.

Well to me it (matchmaking) is such a useless thing that will wither and die soon enough (hopefully). I will never play these type of games that match you on score. The behaviour of people is just no fun in such environments so that I don't have time for that however they do it. I have no interest of playing with people who are worried about their Rank score instead of enjoying the game.

Captain's mode works better on warband with just a traditional server. The matchmaking is simply a much worse experience. Taleworlds is bad at multiplayer mostly. It is better if they just let the community handle it as soon as possible.

I mean in 10 years, they still haven't fixed in TDM (both games) that you spawn in the midst of enemies on your own. Community does it better. All the siege maps in warband now are much better than the ones Taleworlds made. The community fixed the awful spawning mechanics in siege. They made maps with several stages that work better than the current siege mode with back capping the final flag possible.

I really can't wait for the community owned servers. At the moment I play only siege but it is an incredible hassle.

Last edited:
Some kind of matchmaking is needed. I remember Taleworlds mentioning that there is a system that does it, does something more than just randomly throwing Players in 2 Teams (I am talking about the Captain Mode). However i don`t think it works well as i am getting tired of playing with newbies who just started their experience with Multiplayer...

Some kind of matchmaking is needed. I remember Taleworlds mentioning that there is a system that does it, does something more than just randomly throwing Players in 2 Teams (I am talking about the Captain Mode). However i don`t think it works well as i am tired of playing with newbies who just starting their experience with Multiplayer...
just played a game and my whole team went 1/8 pretty sure they enjoyed that

Some kind of matchmaking is needed. I remember Taleworlds mentioning that there is a system that does it, does something more than just randomly throwing Players in 2 Teams (I am talking about the Captain Mode). However i don`t think it works well as i am getting tired of playing with newbies who just started their experience with Multiplayer...

Without servers this may be an issue. But once there are community servers you yourself, I expect will never look back. Why on earth wait for a game if you can just join whenever you want? It makes no sense to me at all.

I've been so jealous of the Oceania Siege server. Every day I check and hope we get one for Europe. It works perfectly and you can even choose your team (revolutionary I know).

It is the only thing I need to start really enjoying the game. Damn you lucky Oceanians!

They need to fix the laggy NA servers and get rid of the dumb "attack delay" extra animation. They need a custom NA siege server... and they need a real duel server. The MP community was hundreds or thousands strong in NA Warband and it started off strong in Bannerlord only to have it whittle down because the game was SO BROKEN at launch..

Fix the laggy, crashing servers. Fix the stupid attack bugs. Get rid of the class system that is uselessly stupid and totally limiting. The old system of customization and gold was way more meaningful and fun.

Then you are doing it wrong.

I bet you tell your spears to stay in shield wall in a set position (in Circle Formation?) and expect them to win against charging Cavalry?
Try Line Formation and tell them to Charge when Cavalry is charging, you will see the difference.

Then there is second spears unit and so on... lol

I figured this out a while ago, making a unit with spears charge just before a cav attack works really well. Unfortunately explaining that to the guy in captain mode sitting in circle formation on the flag having a full unit torn apart by a couple horses is hard, they never seem to listen lol.

Players can never truly obey orders and cooperate, only BOT soldiers can make the battlefield more vivid, more order. Therefore, I think the mode of leading soldiers BOT is the real feature. The game mode without BOT soldiers is just a group of people quarreling and the scene is chaotic. The game mode without BOT soldiers is no different from other ordinary games. And only with BOT soldiers can make battle scenes feel epic.
You are describing Single player. You should try playing siege mode when it is working, when the teams blood is boiling. There is no comparison. The adrenaline of 120 people is palpable. Bots can't do this. Nice orderly bot war hooray...I dont play multiplayer to fight bots.
Tactics form naturally with actual players that bots would never do with f1-f00.
Events with discipline happen all the time with not a bot in sight.
Still no one can explain why we get points for bots in captain, but not for actual players in tdm?

You are describing Single player. You should try playing siege mode when it is working, when the teams blood is boiling. There is no comparison. The adrenaline of 120 people is palpable. Bots can't do this. Nice orderly bot war hooray...I dont play multiplayer to fight bots.
Tactics form naturally with actual players that bots would never do with f1-f00.
Events with discipline happen all the time with not a bot in sight.
Still no one can explain why we get points for bots in captain, but not for actual players in tdm?
I've also played siege mode with my friends, 120 players storming the city which is a lot of fun, but it's also very chaotic and there's no order to it. Siege mode has a problem with the number of players starting the game, only in the first few days after the game was released, there are not enough players to complete the match now, due to the poor warm-up Numbers. The problem can be solved simply by lowering the number of warm-up games player.

I figured this out a while ago, making a unit with spears charge just before a cav attack works really well. Unfortunately explaining that to the guy in captain mode sitting in circle formation on the flag having a full unit torn apart by a couple horses is hard, they never seem to listen lol.
Yeah, you read in my mind.
Theses moments, when you know that simply pressing F1,F3 is autowin but the player refuses to listen because he thinks that sitting in circle formation is the right strategy...

The Circle Formation Syndrome has impact on archers as well. I saw players telling their archers to form a circle!!!
What is the output?
Only half of the archers is firing because of others having blocked line of sight...

I have to mention situations where infantry players form a shield wall to defend from archers but instead of pushing the archers they are sitting in place "Because the archers are firing"...
You can push archers with shield wall as well!!!

If the archers stop firing to switch, to meele weapon and run away (they run slower with bows in their hands), infantry should also switch to line formation (in which they run faster) and proceed with the chase.
You can hear when the enemy Captain order his archers to shoot so you can switch to shield wall and still push them!
It is not so difficult to catch the running archers (even this may take a while...)!

This is why we need a better matchmaking system.
I am really enjoying Multiplayer, especially the Captain Mode (i have played around 700 games in the Captain Mode) but sometimes i have to stop playing for an hour or two with hope that the players i was just playing with eventually get bored and leave the game so after i come back to play, they will not be there anymore...
Huh.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom