Is this game dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hadnt accidentally clicked a reddit link earlier, this would be the stupidest thing I've read all day no contest.

If it is true that they are still working on the game, the fact that has been more than a week without any updates definitly means that the game has reached a stagnated development time. That most certainly means that there wont be any major updates anymore. So i still want my refund now please.
You think they would work on a game for 8 years and then suddenly decide to stop updating it out of the blue?

I know you're probably young, and a week feels like a long time to you, but they’re planning on having this game in early access for the next year. So a week without an update is normal.

literally two post above you is commenting on how there is an update, could you read before rushing to conclusions, i know this isnt this game but terraria is having a major update May 16, 2020 3 years after its previous update, how do you come to the conclusion that there "wont be any major updates" after a week? when even i just disproved your major assumptions

That is just a wild guess, since the fact is that the game hasn't received any real updates in a week, and since there's no response from the devs there's no guarantee that this game isn't dead, or that they will ever updated it again. My point still stands.

If it is true that they are still working on the game, the fact that has been more than a week without any updates definitly means that the game has reached a stagnated development time. That most certainly means that there wont be any major updates anymore. So i still want my refund now please.

"The beta branch will include content that has gone through our internal testing and will be exposed to public testers for at least one week. During this period, we will address discovered issues with hotfixes. Our goal is a weekly cycle where we push our internal version to the beta and the prior beta version to the main Steam build. However, if serious challenges arise, we may delay an update until those issues have been addressed."

(https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-the-beta-and-alpha-branches-on-steam.414082/)

It's been more than a week now without any updates. Is this game dead already? I hope the devs haven't simply run away with the money... If it is dead i want my refund now please.

Last hotfix was two days ago, before that there was a hotfix every day for 3 days. They didn't make a new thread about it but updated the existing 1.3.0 one and there have been numerous posts there and all over the place referencing this. It's not anyone else's fault but your own that you can't read.

Nevermind the fact that even weekly patches are a really quick pace and they've gone above and beyond that since the game has been in EA

OP...yes the game is stone dead, it will never receive another update...ever. The devs have taken your money and are dancing around their offices deciding how best to spend it. They are now developing a whole new project and will never look at Bannerlord again.

You should probably move on and find a new game to troll...I mean play.

"The beta branch will include content that has gone through our internal testing and will be exposed to public testers for at least one week. During this period, we will address discovered issues with hotfixes. Our goal is a weekly cycle where we push our internal version to the beta and the prior beta version to the main Steam build. However, if serious challenges arise, we may delay an update until those issues have been addressed."

(https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-the-beta-and-alpha-branches-on-steam.414082/)

This just proves my point, they said about a weekly cycle, but there's no major update in a week. Clearly they are not devoting enough attention in updating the game and probably are not interest in the game anymore.

That is just a wild guess, since the fact is that the game hasn't received any real updates in a week, and since there's no response from the devs there's no guarantee that this game isn't dead, or that they will ever updated it again. My point still stands.

wait, "i'm wildly guessing" yet nothing in my post has me assuming anything dunno how you worked that one out and now you moved on from "updates" to "real updates", looks like you just want to filter out what you don't want to read, this isn't fortnite, it doesn't have literal millions being funnelled into it for a weekly patch that you've probably come to expect from the industry (which mind you isn't, even wow or lol doesn't have weekly patches like you want and there fine) so just sit tight and wait, a little bit of patience goes a long way

Well, what if I told you that the game intends to be in EA for another year?

One week is starting to sound a little small ain't it.

I'm gonna make this short.

I work as a programmer and believe being able to deliver something bigger than some fixes takes quite a time, even longer than a week. The pace they set is quite incredable already and dont expect something new everyday. Believe me, it takes some time so have patience, it's really not as easy as you imagine

This just proves my point, they said about a weekly cycle, but there's no major update in a week. Clearly they are not devoting enough attention in updating the game and probably are not interest in the game anymore.

"about a week" isn't exactly a week, so the word "clearly" massively overstates any level of certainty you can claim to have.

If this is a trolling that it's a fat one.

Devs release large updates every week, plus they release the hotfixes with patchnotes worthy of mini-updates (see the patch-note of the latests beta 1.3.0 hotfix). Very often they release patches even on weekends. Modders release tons of mods every day. So yes, the game is definitely dead, call the coroner.

A weekly cycle as a goal, not a definite standard. Take into consideration that instead of small patches which mostly consisted of crash fixes we now head into a state of more content implementation, fixing of current non-criticial content issues, art improvements and balancing put together in big patches (with hotfixes between two big patches).

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This game is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the steam store 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is code processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-GAME!!

internet points to any one who gets this

"about a week" isn't exactly a week, so the word "clearly" massively overstates any level of certainty you can claim to have.

If they say they want to make a major update every week, and do not deliver on this promise, just means that: A. They are lying. B. They are not devoting more development time on the game. or C. The game is just dead.

If they say they want to make a major update every week, and do not deliver on this promise, just means that: A. They are lying. B. They are not devoting more development time on the game. or C. The game is just dead.

well they didn't say that, they said "about a week" so could be 8 days :O 1 extra 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom