Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

Users who are viewing this thread

Please show me, without mods, how you are not spending your entire, mid -> late game

I spend mine clicking not stop to execute basic features like;

upgrading troops
recruiting prisoners
TRADE
selling lots of items
barters.

Its actually ridiculous. I know it is so ridiculous in fact based on this; I have 100 hours in game. It took me 99.5 hours to get to 120 LVL trade. The last 0.5H I got to LVL 125 -> HOW? A mod, for autotrading, that takes off 99.9% of the time and effort spent trading (which should be included in the game, because if the prices are all in your head, you grinded the early part and learned and unlocked the perks, you should no longer have to repeatedly be a monkey about this IE buying, click, scrolling, selling, you are literally grinding to grind - for no reason other than poor design).

THE GRIND, should not come from clicking, but from doing. I spent more time trying to grind, than actually grinding!!!!!!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!?
****. Fix the UI already.

Edit, May 4, 2020: My wife walked in on me playing the game, saw me clicking "Support" (in Kingdom/Clan) over and over.

She said "Why are you clicking the same thing over and over?"

I said: " " *Just looked at her*

She Said: "Whats wrong with it? Is it broken?"

I Said: "No, thats how they made the game. It's retarded."

10 minutes later after some back and forth

She said: "How could they work on a game for 10 years?"
PS: She doesnt play or like video games.

Last edited:
I agree and it's one of the causes for me taking a break from the game. Way too many unnecessary clicking with everything. Especially when you consider the long campaign philosophy of the game.

Well damn, this UI outrage thread lost steam quickly.

Let's go people, rabble, rabble, rabble! What do we want? Better UI! When do we want it? 14 years ago for Warband!

Forget the clicking in game, it takes WAY TOO MANY CLICKS TO USE THE FORUMS!!! I have to click on threads, click on more buttons to post, click on links and categories, click click click.

PLS TALEWORDS THIS IS RIDICULOUS

I've played a buncha games/chars so far but have 3 longish ones.
1 I'm a vassal with a town, married got a couple baby, put on hold to start new games in beta verions.
2 Married vassal with 3 towns (had 7 at one point) and 9 babys, big strong army good reserve of troops but was truggling to keep food up in 3 towns..... may be better now since 1.3 fixes but haven't tried. Will pick this one up again sometime.
3: the murder machine, started in 1.3 new game stole horses (kept the herd) from northern empire twice and they declared war on me, cam back with 20 khuazite raiders and started hunting the lords of the empire and executing them on the spot. Got the main quest rolling by becoming a merc so I could talk to nothern empire again, then dropped it after getting the banner and went back to killing. I have executed all of the northern and western empire, sturgia and 2/3 of Desert people. I'm curious to see what happens if I wipe out all the lords and then start taking land. I'm a lone Clan with no land on hardest settings and I have 500+k in pocket, 100-120 fluctuating troops, about 1/4 horse archers I raised the rest prisoner rescues and converts, anything but peasants, I destroy 500+ armies with out much resistance because the enemy AI is bad and easy to manipulate. I mean, it's good fun in it's own way but if a player was controlling them they would absolutely wipe out my army easily.

I've played many other chars to try other stuff and different updates and will make new games once perks are revamped or other major changes.

EDIT: I guess my point for OP is stop doing boring **** and being bad at the game if hate you clicking so much. Trade? Smithing? you're asking for the sick click

Last edited:
I agree. You are mostly supposed to be a lord after a while and lord doesn't go around and trade or craft or manage enterprises or do other basic stuff himself. That is early game stuff and can be tied to young age character. Until mid game, character should arrive to mid age, have combat and other experience, get his title and focus on that part - family, dinasty (even though I would remove all that from the game, as this is not Crusader Kings, but an action game), wars, politics, kingdom management, until retirement and the end of the campaign. By then, trading should be automatted (caravans that make sense and many of them), workshops should be automatted (as they are already, just that they make sense), there would be no small quests anymore, no taverns, no back alleys and other silly small stuff, automatic patrols would be clearing looters and other pests instead of you etc.

Game is trying too many things and manages to be bad or mediocre at each thing individually and bland in total. Happened to many games in the past and will continue to happen. I don't care that many people enjoy it. Good for them. Many people enjoy dull things like fishing and sports, yet that doesn't make those things anything more than they are - simple things for simple fun for simple minds. Doesn't matter that those things are complex. You can be complex and yet still simple and dull, if you try hard enough.

Try to learn from successful and keep it as small as you need it to be, as you have already proven that you are unable to do much, even with years and bunch of resources at your disposal. And please, keep it real, stop selling alpha (early access). Give it for free if you have any respect for your audience. Keep your dignity. Sell the final product for 30-40 USD in a few years when it's ready.

P.S. It's really terrible that realistic damage doesn't exist. You just can't stab someone in the face or neck with a sword 5 times in order to kill him. You can't survive someone slashing your bare skin with a sword or impaling you on a spear. You can't survive headshots. Not in a fantasy, not in the real world. Some things have to make sense. Horses charging into spears die. Horses charging into each other crash and fall and people fly around. Catapults do damage to walls. Ladders get pushed off the walls. Bodies pile up. Et cetera.

Also, really, tons of gear and horses leftover after a battle and you can't equip your troops with all that? Your peasants will stay peasants or level up into a slightly better peasants, if they even survive? It's hard for them to pick armor, shields and weapons from the fallen? Why use that sweet sword and shield with that sweet chainmail, if I can keep this sweet...rock, pitchfork and rags ?

Recruting from random people based on the relationship that is received by questing? If it was my company, person that would pitch that kind of an idea would be fired immediately. Do you think it happened like that in real life? I don't know how it was, always refused to learn history, never learned any of that, but it just doesn't make any sense. Lords sending peasants in rags into war? Lords doing quests to be able to recruit slightly better peasants? No, troops were trained outside of battles and went into battles ready and equipped. Troops didn't level up after a battle if they were to survive. Nobles were knights. Mercenaries were a big thing.

Last edited:
The hoboslaying-for-bloody-rags-to-trade-at-Ye-Olde-Pawn-Shoppe economy needs to stop. There's 50% of your clicks there. I don't who who thought it would be a good or interesting idea for a gold sink to be a one-time purchase of a helmet for 35K or some 80K barding for your horse but perhaps they should find another position on the team. I'm hoping it's a stopgap measure because they wanted some junk for players to aim for and keep playing to hold their interest until they reveal the real economy (and I've read the code -- it's in there somewhere!), but at this point I'd say that plan is backfiring a bit.

its weird that they just imported the UI from M&B, its so horrible. You can't use shortcut keys in menus, so its continuous scrolling and clicking. There's a lot of unfriendliness in the menus too, like upgrading or recruiting prisoners sometimes makes the list move so you expect to be able to multiclick but the whole list jumps and you misclick. It's a horrible interface. WHy cant I use the keyboard in menus in a game designed for PC?

its weird that they just imported the UI from M&B, its so horrible. You can't use shortcut keys in menus, so its continuous scrolling and clicking. There's a lot of unfriendliness in the menus too, like upgrading or recruiting prisoners sometimes makes the list move so you expect to be able to multiclick but the whole list jumps and you misclick. It's a horrible interface. WHy cant I use the keyboard in menus in a game designed for PC?

Warband's UI is actually better than this in my opinion. At least you can read things and icons are big enough that you know at a glance what you are looking at.

Please show me, without mods, how you are not spending your entire, mid -> late game

I spend mine clicking not stop to execute basic features like;

upgrading troops
recruiting prisoners
TRADE
selling lots of items
barters.

Its actually ridiculous. I know it is so ridiculous in fact based on this; I have 100 hours in game. It took me 99.5 hours to get to 120 LVL trade. The last 0.5H I got to LVL 125 -> HOW? A mod, for autotrading, that takes off 99.9% of the time and effort spent trading (which should be included in the game, because if the prices are all in your head, you grinded the early part and learned and unlocked the perks, you should no longer have to repeatedly be a monkey about this IE buying, click, scrolling, selling, you are literally grinding to grind - for no reason other than poor design).

THE GRIND, should not come from clicking, but from doing. I spent more time trying to grind, than actually grinding!!!!!!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!?
****. Fix the UI already.
I kinda feel like this about life in general

My character single-handedly caused Calradian global warming when I tried to level smithing to 275 due to all the coal i had to make and burn :grin:
We have a batch crafting mod for that now, thankfully.

this game got old about 10 hours in total, unfortunately i couldn't refund after that so i'm stuck with this and hoping but probably going to be disappointed that it will eventually look and play better and i din't just waste 50 bucks on a warband expansion

Back
Top Bottom