Will the Banner editor get an upgrade at some point?

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
I was noticing that AI lords tend to have banners with overlapping symbols, whilst as the player we cannot do that at all (only with that online editor, which weirdly makes all symbols "pixelated" if used).

Not only that, another issue with it is that it defaults to offset positions, most symbols fail to be even centered at the banner, making the look specially awkward on shields.

Then there are the color limitations, which I think is necessary, but the array of options should be much larger... At least 2 options for each "rainbow" color should be available for both the background and the symbol.

This editor works pretty well already so I don't know if I would want it to be a high priority but it would be nice to have some more customizability without having to tab out of the game and go to a website.

Yeah, I'm not noticing any pixelation using banners from this editor. Its become pretty popular, if you look on Reddit pretty much everyone uses it.

Which is why TW should wake up and just add this feature to the base game, add in more symbols, its super low hanging fruit that would impress us all.

Yeah, I'm not noticing any pixelation using banners from this editor. Its become pretty popular, if you look on Reddit pretty much everyone uses it.

Which is why TW should wake up and just add this feature to the base game, add in more symbols, its super low hanging fruit that would impress us all.

+1. Hopefully all in due time. Can't be too hard to implement. They used to have a more "advanced" banner editor in the closed beta, which I took part of.

+1. Hopefully all in due time. Can't be too hard to implement. They used to have a more "advanced" banner editor in the closed beta, which I took part of.

Did they really? More advanced how? I'm seriously asking because I didn't participate in the beta and I think the current in game banner editor is shameful.

The pixelation is more apparent on larger sized sigils. Highly visible on certain types of shields, not so much on the others and banners.
But it is there.

The whole banner editor looks to me like they are going to implement it late on and it should be similar to the online editor. Most of the sigils don't make much sense on their own, but work great when combined with others. Plus faction heraldry is already making use of those assets. I guess there is still a problem with them working properly - when using mods enabling that feature I rarely experience this weird bug, when the game freezes mid-battle and then the only way is to end task in task manager. Sometimes it freezes the system completely and I have to force the reboot.

One addition we should have is ability to tweak the design for each shield there is. For some shields i want insignia to be higher, for some it needs to be lower. For some it can be larger, for others it needs to be smaller. Etc.

Yeah, needing a mod to get the thing working is sad, and we are still getting updates so quick it's just not worth downloading it at the moment.

I definitely hope better banners make it into vanilla. At the LEAST more colors would be needed, I legit hate all our current default options.

This editor works pretty well already so I don't know if I would want it to be a high priority but it would be nice to have some more customizability without having to tab out of the game and go to a website.
no it doesn't, it, for some reason beyond my own comprehension, only produces pixelated banners, the resolution of banners assembled through that web-app is horrible, it's like any form of anti-aliasing was denied by it's use... So yeah, the game does need a "in-game" way of doing overlaps + axis editable, since it's for the UI department, your statement basically becomes negligible since each department only really takes care of it's pertaining features, your "priorities" are irrelevant, they do not mix up UI people with the Bug Fixing people, capisce?

Did they really? More advanced how? I'm seriously asking because I didn't participate in the beta and I think the current in game banner editor is shameful.

There were more colours available to chose from and maybe some other detail I cannot remember right now. It wasn't much more advanced, but by the very definition, it was more advanced. Still quite simple, and everyone wanted it expanded, improved and built upon rather than keeping it as it were, or as it was to become as it is now.

One addition we should have is ability to tweak the design for each shield there is. For some shields i want insignia to be higher, for some it needs to be lower. For some it can be larger, for others it needs to be smaller. Etc.

Oh good, I'm not the only person who has been thinking this exact thing, lol.

Yeah, needing a mod to get the thing working is sad, and we are still getting updates so quick it's just not worth downloading it at the moment.

I definitely hope better banners make it into vanilla. At the LEAST more colors would be needed, I legit hate all our current default options.

And that's how I've felt. I won't mod my game. I'm not judging others who are willing to do so, it's just for me personally, I don't want to have to keep waiting on the mod author to update whenever they update. I'm mildly irritated they seemed to have intentionally neutralized the ability to copy/paste the banner while not improving their banner editor one bit.

Meanwhile, if you use custom battle, I'd swear the game is randomizing banners and if so, it's "editor" is clearly more advanced than the one we get. If it isn't randomizing, then I'm not sure why we don't have access to these presets and we get to just change the colors if we want.

There were more colours available to chose from and maybe some other detail I cannot remember right now. It wasn't much more advanced, but by the very definition, it was more advanced. Still quite simple, and everyone wanted it expanded, improved and built upon rather than keeping it as it were, or as it was to become as it is now.

Okay, that would be more advanced for sure. I am genuinely mystified as to why we have so few colors to choose from when there are so many more colors clearly being used in the game. And when doing custom battle, you can see the game has more variety as well.

Back
Top Bottom