PRIVATE SERVERS

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the devs need to open up the multiplayer for us to host our own servers. The fact that there is only 2 north american servers is pretty silly IMO. i love the game and cant wait to play captain mode with my friends.... however we cant. devs please help

I think the devs need to open up the multiplayer for us to host our own servers. The fact that there is only 2 north american servers is pretty silly IMO. i love the game and cant wait to play captain mode with my friends.... however we cant. devs please help

Captain, Skirmish and Siege are only available through matchmaking right now, meaning that if you want to play Captain mode with your friends you need to make a party and queue for it. Those two servers that you can see are TDM servers.

As for server files, we still have quite a bit of work to do before we are ready to share them.

@Callum

Hi Callum, thanks for commenting about server files for multiplayer. Sorry to be a pest, I am loving the game but I think it is due for some criticism multiplayer-wise. Is there any possibility that you will accept financial assistance for setting up servers in various regions (if that is an issue being faced currently)? I am a player from the oceanic region and it has not been a very good gameplay experience in this last month to be unable to organise our community and play coordinated play together. Even just oceanic servers for matchmade skirmish or captain mode would be thoroughly appreciated. I would (among others I am sure) be more than willing and happy to assist financially with server uptime costs if this is a concern that Taleworlds is facing in the mean time.

I appreciate the hard work everyone at TW is putting into the game, and it is fantastic, but in my opinion I think there need to be some quick responses or developments multiplayer-wise to keep the game afloat in multiplayer. Otherwise, what is the point of playing bannerlord multiplayer when we could play warband and organise our own events + have control over when and what time we can play. I hope my comments are not discouraging or disparaging, I just feel the need to express myself about my current discontent with Bannerlord's multiplayer. Thanks for all of your hard work.

I highly doubt money is a problem in this.

I am sure money is a factor. The OCE community for warband + NW/whatever mount&blade module has always managed to work together on the financial problem for custom servers, I am sure matchmaking support would be a financial problem for our region for TW. Server infrastructure is expensive here. What is your reasoning for not thinking money is a problem in this?

I am sure money is a factor. The OCE community for warband + NW/whatever mount&blade module has always managed to work together on the financial problem for custom servers, I am sure matchmaking support would be a financial problem for our region for TW. Server infrastructure is expensive here. What is your reasoning for not thinking money is a problem in this?
They got sold over 1 million copies of this game on its release, and sold 1 million copies of the Napoleonic Wars DLC. Which means Warband made tons of money. To assume money is a issue is a mistake. Singleplayer has a ton of issues, and people don't understand the gravity of satisfying a multiplayer community among the TW staff yet. Especially in this day and age, where Multiplayer games are kind of the flourishing point of a game, and the rising interest of e-sports globally, and everyones wonder if Bannerlord is a esport game(personally I think it is, and can be great with e-sports). I cant imagine them not taking note of that, and waiting very, very long like a year to release multiplayer based content, and essentials like Dedicated servers, which is the driving point of a portion of this community. I can say im rather disappointing that it isn't out, but I am not going to sit and expect them to change, TW has always been known to take tons, and tons of time on what they do. Which can be seen as laziness, but I cant complain since when I touched Warband it was a masterpiece. In truth, no one is going to be satisfied, Bannerlord is the successor to a outstanding game, and one of the most diverse games, and communities I have ever came across. I do agree that they shouldn't take to long to release private server, like within next month, but as for other aspects of the game, you just have to openly assume TW will take time, rather then rush to satisfy the needs of "content" releases which is what most games do, which in a short term benefits there game, but in the long term people see that these contents are rushed, and hardly satisfy the individual in a long term situation.

They got sold over 1 million copies of this game on its release, and sold 1 million copies of the Napoleonic Wars DLC. Which means Warband made tons of money. To assume money is a issue is a mistake. Singleplayer has a ton of issues, and people don't understand the gravity of satisfying a multiplayer community among the TW staff yet. Especially in this day and age, where Multiplayer games are kind of the flourishing point of a game, and the rising interest of e-sports globally, and everyones wonder if Bannerlord is a esport game(personally I think it is, and can be great with e-sports). I cant imagine them not taking note of that, and waiting very, very long like a year to release multiplayer based content, and essentials like Dedicated servers, which is the driving point of a portion of this community. I can say im rather disappointing that it isn't out, but I am not going to sit and expect them to change, TW has always been known to take tons, and tons of time on what they do. Which can be seen as laziness, but I cant complain since when I touched Warband it was a masterpiece. In truth, no one is going to be satisfied, Bannerlord is the successor to a outstanding game, and one of the most diverse games, and communities I have ever came across. I do agree that they shouldn't take to long to release private server, like within next month, but as for other aspects of the game, you just have to openly assume TW will take time, rather then rush to satisfy the needs of "content" releases which is what most games do, which in a short term benefits there game, but in the long term people see that these contents are rushed, and hardly satisfy the individual in a long term situation.
I would at least like to have an Oceania region in matchmaking so that the OCE players can actually play skirmish and captain mode with low ping. We have OCE custom servers for TDM and siege so I don’t see why giving us a matchmaking region would be a problem.

They got sold over 1 million copies of this game on its release, and sold 1 million copies of the Napoleonic Wars DLC. Which means Warband made tons of money. To assume money is a issue is a mistake.
You do realize they don't just hoard all those dollars in a vault like some dragon? They have to pay wages for 120+ people every month, they pay for the office utlities, internet, rent and don't you forget that they don't get 100% of those money, 30% is taken by steam, then there are taxes. And that is not going into detail what else they might need to spend money on during the development, there might be some assets that they need to buy in order to produce something, hire an outsource(like they did for music for example), mocap equipment, et cetera - it all piles up so I won't be surprised if they don't make any profit at all or barely.

You do realize they don't just hoard all those dollars in a vault like some dragon? They have to pay wages for 120+ people every month, they pay for the office utlities, internet, rent and don't you forget that they don't get 100% of those money, 30% is taken by steam, then there are taxes. And that is not going into detail what else they might need to spend money on during the development, there might be some assets that they need to buy in order to produce something, hire an outsource(like they did for music for example), mocap equipment, et cetera - it all piles up so I won't be surprised if they don't make any profit at all or barely.

I think they would be making a profit, but my point initially was that it would be great if Taleworlds was a bit more open about the situation in minor regions, and if funding is a problem that they're having multiplayer wise (because this is something community can help with). I didn't have the opportunity to participate in beta (I applied but was unlucky and didn't get a key) but I guess in hindsight these things should have been addressed or brought up in beta if it was at all possible.

@Callum but hypothetically you could release what you do have, custom bannerlord servers exist, so it's not like they don't work.
You could, hypothetically release what you do have so modders can start working on their projects, there were server files released during the beta no?
If you are going to wait a whole year to do private servers, I would bet big money that modders could get it working long before that even if its in a terrible janky state, the hardcore fanbase doesn't care if its janky, we just want something to work with.

When i started playing original mount and blade like 15 years ago It was an absolute janky mess, still loved it. I actually disdain all the polish in bannerlord, and I don't think i'm the only one.

Last edited:
Captain, Skirmish and Siege are only available through matchmaking right now, meaning that if you want to play Captain mode with your friends you need to make a party and queue for it. Those two servers that you can see are TDM servers.

As for server files, we still have quite a bit of work to do before we are ready to share them.

For Warband, I used to play MP majority of the time. With no private servers, I don't feel like sitting for 20 minutes attempting to play siege. I can't imagine that I'm not the only one who like to jump on a server in their spare 20 minutes and just play.

Either get more servers or fix the matchmaking. Alternative option is to do both.

@Callum but hypothetically you could release what you do have, custom bannerlord servers exist, so it's not like they don't work.
You could, hypothetically release what you do have so modders can start working on their projects, there were server files released during the beta no?
If you are going to wait a whole year to do private servers, I would bet big money that modders could get it working long before that even if its in a terrible janky state, the hardcore fanbase doesn't care if its janky, we just want something to work with.

When i started playing original mount and blade like 15 years ago It was an absolute janky mess, still loved it. I actually disdain all the polish in bannerlord, and I don't think i'm the only one.
there was a mod that you could host servers but its shutdowned by Taleworlds in beta

How to Host Servers Ingame(Feature has been removed by Taleworlds in 0.9, waiting for Announcement of Taleworlds...)

If they realese the dedicated server files i will tell you what will happen;
If you are a comp warband player you should know khergit was not played/banned in comp play and they used custom rules/admin tools etc. so the community was not playing a game feature Tw did.)
If they realese the server files to community, They will make his own mods to play the game they want.They will create mods to fix that ****ty combat , or think if they make customization mods like warband had?
and im pretty sure after modded Multiplalyer, most of the community will not be using native to play multiplayer (I mean hardcore players, maybe casuals too)
And we know that they are planing to add microtransactions to the bannerlord
So ask yourself now, If they realese the server files to the community before native multiplayer is good (ranked mode, better game modes, Customization, Balanced Classes, Progression system etc etc..)
Could they sell Butterlord2020Case for 9.99$ to players? when they start to selling skins?
They are not implementing nessesary thinks like duel mode, battle mode nor giving dedicated server files to the community, fixing kicks, block delay but they are using their time to implement microtransactions to the game first.
If they let the community to play Multiplayer with dedicated servers.
Players that play the bannerlord hardcore, will not pay that ****.Because they are gonna lose that playerbase to the Community mods.

Taleworlds said nothing why they removed the ability of a mod to host servers and modified combat parameters was using community launcher to test it.They removed the abilty for a mod to host servers in game.Ask yourself why,Why they did that?Whats their fear of Dedicated servers?
They could just send the files to let community open dedicated servers, normally they dont need to fear, even modders already made admin tools for multiplayer before them https://bannerlord.mod.io/communityadmintools

Ask yourself these questions first.You will find the answers why taleworlds is not giving files for dedicated servers now.

Neue-Bitmap-9.png
Neue-Bitmap-9.png

Last edited:
In the case of conspiracy, the cause is usually stupidity not malice, I don't think taleworlds is stupid so If we keep demanding private servers they will prioritize that, If what you said was true I would quit and I know my entire discord of 200+ people would aswell they are already cheesed about alot of stuff, but I'm pretty sure they said they weren't going to do microtransactions, it was just something they had thought about.

They do have duel servers up. Tho.

In response to the microtransactions post, there could be a in game currency planned, things aren't anywhere near finished, what the hell is the level for?
They have removed a tonne of things that they had in in dev mode because either its not ready yet or they scrapped it so looking through code and old pictures doesn't mean anything.
Honestly they should focus on dedicated servers before all that though because how the mb community is they are going to leave without private servers. They might come back, they might not.
If they put in some cool mp aspect people will stop playing private servers to check it out but we want our CRPG's and our PW's and most people have no interest in whatever taleworlds wants to give us until we get our fix of playing those on bannerlords engine, atleast in this early stage where they don't have all their mechanics set up yet. Maybe they have something completely amazing lined up for us, I don't wanna be so cynical, but they should absolutely get those server files out, whether they are "ready" or not.

I know from a business standpoint it kind of sucks that they have such an intense modding community because they basically want to take whatever they make and turn it into something else, but that has been what built the M&B community, and they have hired modders to work for them so they benefit from it even if they can't get away with stuff that a game like chivalry could, this is the source of the entire genre of COD-like medieval warfare and that was such a small part of Warband, my biggest fear is that bannerlord is going to try and copy the games that copied warband, rather then doing something that feels more Mount and Bladey then warband. I still have high hopes, despite the bugs I have been loving my experience.

Let the server files out though, freal the community will get them working if you wanna focus on something else I promise that.

Last edited:
Modders gonna mod. This is fact like the sun shines and that hoe won't stop selling herself.
So we will get what we want any way.

Main issue TW is struggling that all the hype from newcomers in Banner lord is already gone especially on Multiplayer. So if they implement microtransactions it's not gonna be lucrative as they though. The second wave of hype will happen sooner or later and will bring some players but again, it won't last long. Then they will finally push the button of controling the world with skins, cases, bras, condoms, coronavirus masks whatever. But they have all the fan base to lose, and this is ****ting to your own bed, or shooting in your own foot. Fact.

Do what you ought to do - stay true.
Peace from Wojski

Modders gonna mod. This is fact like the sun shines and that hoe won't stop selling herself.
So we will get what we want any way.

Main issue TW is struggling that all the hype from newcomers in Banner lord is already gone especially on Multiplayer. So if they implement microtransactions it's not gonna be lucrative as they though. The second wave of hype will happen sooner or later and will bring some players but again, it won't last long. Then they will finally push the button of controling the world with skins, cases, bras, condoms, coronavirus masks whatever. But they have all the fan base to lose, and this is ****ting to your own bed, or shooting in your own foot. Fact.

Do what you ought to do - stay true.
Peace from Wojski
you can revive multiplayers, if the game is good (for honor had the worst possible start ever, but has a very dedicated small playerbase + the game has alot of flaws aswell)

2 guys can create 1 skin easily in a reasonable amount of time (they already got lots of skins from sp, they can use them to give them away for free and work on premium skins)... If they sell it for 10 bucks thats already 1/4 of the game. Now ask yourself whats harder to create a whole game or a 4 skins.

Last edited:
you can revive multiplayers, if the game is good (for honor had the worst possible start ever, but has a very dedicated small playerbase + the game has alot of flaws aswell)

2 guys can create 1 skin easily in a reasonable amount of time... If they sell it for 10 bucks thats already 1/4 of the game. Now ask yourself whats harder to create a whole game or a 4 skins.

Youre right. But don't know what's your point.

Reviving games and making money out of it. For Honor is hard to get into for newcomers because of all the different characters, MB doesnt have that.
AHH ok I got you. Yes. But That is not going to be a problem of course. Problem will be raging fan base. But money rules as you said so screw us. What I meant is that Bannerlord is not so successful as they say in media. So income from cases is not so lucrative as in csgo for example. ATM while Bannerlord has 80k players on Steam, csgo has 1 milion at 1 time. And there is only multiplayer. So they won't hit the goal they are looking after.

AHH ok I got you. Yes. But That is not going to be a problem of course. Problem will be raging fan base. But money rules as you said so screw us. What I meant is that Bannerlord is not so successful as they say in media. So income from cases is not so lucrative as in csgo for example. ATM while Bannerlord has 80k players on Steam, csgo has 1 milion at 1 time. And there is only multiplayer. So they won't hit the goal they are looking after.
Well if they were actually capeable of making a decent game, atm its just a throwing simulator. The biggest part of the community are infantry players and its the least fun class in all regards the class has to offer. Its actually quite impossible to make it much worse at this point. The numbers speak for themselfs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom