SP - General 1st Athletics Perk should be Run Speed Increase

Users who are viewing this thread

Basically the title. At the start, we are so damn slow at running despite being in our prime, age-wise. The first perk should be at least a 5% running speed boost, nothing else.

Thanks.

Basically the title. At the start, we are so damn slow at running despite being in our prime, age-wise. The first perk should be at least a 5% running speed boost, nothing else.

Thanks.

¨No then you gonna be running like a damn gazelle later on for sure. I mean im feeling like i run as fast as a horse now which im prob not really doing but almost so i could imagine 150 more skill points and 5 % on top of that how that would be Just keep your weight down if you want to go light on the battlefield which you prob already knew :smile: youre getting faster for every skill point you gain so just keep running and offload that horse straight away and never use it ever again or well untill you reached the speed for your liking. Ex i had to wait a lot on my character to just get him some extra throwing weapons + an longer spear because i didnt feel the speed with more weight would be suitable at the time which is good as a feature. Train to be able to be effective with better extra gear

Last edited:
¨No then you gonna be running like a damn gazelle later on for sure. I mean im feeling like i run as fast as a horse now which im prob not really doing but almost so i could imagine 150 more skill points and 5 % on top of that how that would be Just keep your weight down if you want to go light on the battlefield which you prob already knew :smile: youre getting faster for every skill point you gain so just keep running and offload that horse straight away and never use it ever again or well untill you reached the speed for your liking. Ex i had to wait a lot on my character to just get him some extra throwing weapons + an longer spear because i didnt feel the speed with more weight would be suitable at the time which is good as a feature. Train to be able to be effective with better extra gear

Disagree and agree... while the speed boost at higher levels is noticeable, it doesn't make sense why we are so slow to start with. This is a medieval life and judging by our early life choices (aka starting perks), we probably had to a run or train our endurance a few times prior to starting the game.

Even with wearing starting gear in Tournaments, everyone still zooms by. Starting running speed is too slow in my opinion. It's okay if there is a cap to running speed (I'm sure there is)

Disagree and agree... while the speed boost at higher levels is noticeable, it doesn't make sense why we are so slow to start with. This is a medieval life and judging by our early life choices (aka starting perks), we probably had to a run or train our endurance a few times prior to starting the game.

Even with wearing starting gear in Tournaments, everyone still zooms by. Starting running speed is too slow in my opinion. It's okay if there is a cap to running speed (I'm sure there is)
Well this is also an M&B game not medieval simulator 2020, You where pretty slow at the start in Warband to and this mechanic is called progression. Like i said just drop your horse and have light armor and you should get there pretty fast, Ex im up on 22.8 kg which is pretty hvy for my standards but my character moves like an ninja in 120 athletics and its only light medium skilled

Last edited:
I think a basic run speed increase as the third or fourth perk would motivate me to get off my horse more. But the there should be another larger run speed increase as the last or second to last perk.

I think a basic run speed increase as the third or fourth perk would motivate me to get off my horse more. But the there should be another larger run speed increase as the last or second to last perk.

well if you want to sit on a horse all day an be fat its up to you ^^ ive been there to and it has its big advantages.... but if you start raising the basic run speed with easy 5% you gonna both **** up the whole athletic contra hvy armor balance in my opinion and youre gonna easier avoid blows early on which you shouldnt be untrained or fat. But you can download cheat mods if you want it to be easier

Last edited:
and with that said for the perspective lvl 121 is 7,5% extra speed so then you can do the math for what easy 5 procent will do If i can run around with an medium armor 3 sets of weapons and a shield like an ninja, And you also got speed perks in your weapon skill sets if im not mistaken

Last edited:
They should increase movement speed for each athletic points but perks should give something different.
Higher jump (could be useful fighting cavalry: you Jump on a rock), faster side movement, more resistance to bump.
Further speed Is a nice choice against more hp: 15 more health against 10% speed as middle perk.

Same for other skill. +3% melee damage is boring, deflect arrow, push back with polearm, cleave more opponents is more interesting. Yeah of course improved garrison for two handed Is stupid, there must be something related to combat, some sort of 10% life stealing for two handed troops would be funny if they want your combat skill to help your troops too.

They should increase movement speed for each athletic points but perks should give something different.
Higher jump (could be useful fighting cavalry: you Jump on a rock), faster side movement, more resistance to bump.
Further speed Is a nice choice against more hp: 15 more health against 10% speed as middle perk.

Same for other skill. +3% melee damage is boring, deflect arrow, push back with polearm, cleave more opponents is more interesting. Yeah of course improved garrison for two handed Is stupid, there must be something related to combat, some sort of 10% life stealing for two handed troops would be funny if they want your combat skill to help your troops too.

yeah was suggesting to raise fall damage again back to normal then get a skill in athletic so you can lower it. But i like that two handed because it shows you got dominance...Was the first thought i got from that one ^^ But increasing movement speed for athletic would be to fast since youre pretty fast at lower medium skill set. Like i said i can outrun any light troop now with medium armor and 3 weaponset + shield with only 120 in skill. If you want to be good on the ground you have to fight on the ground

Ps also horses is best to fight on low ground . They cant barely reach you and if they have lances its harder for em in a way as shown here later on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom