What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Hell would sooner freeze over.

It's absolutely shocking that they haven't set a game in feudal japan. The setting is perfect for the gameplay loop they keep doing: there's tons of verticality, a wide range of weapons, literal assassins, and plenty of reasonable justification for the game mechanics. But nope, instead lets set this game about nimble assassins in random forests in the american revolutionary war, and now in the greasiest crummiest era that only fat inbred racist metalheads enjoy: the pop history dilution of the viking age.

Incidentally I am enjoying Odyssey quite a bit, but at least part of that is due to how much I'm using it as an opportunity to reference it for assets in my own game.

Are you calling my history pop culture? :sad:

(I think I know what you mean).
I like to think our Viking Conquest was quite historically realistic down to clothing, weapons, ships, persons, buildings etc. I don't think it's pop.
I haven't played AC games, but they seem to do history some justice - with liberties for 'fun gameplay'.
(The ruins in the artwork are puzzling though. Must be very late Viking Age).

In the greasiest crummiest era that only fat inbred racist metalheads enjoy: the pop history dilution of the viking age.
I enjoyed this post far more than you can imagine :lol:

But James, (Jacob?) shinobis have a black outfit and AC requires a white one!!! I hear one aforementioned metalhead proclaim, for he doesn't know that he has been exposed to the idea that ninjas wore or used special garments/weapons than any other soldier. Pop goes the culture

It's absolutely shocking that they haven't set a game in feudal japan. The setting is perfect for the gameplay loop they keep doing: there's tons of verticality, a wide range of weapons, literal assassins, and plenty of reasonable justification for the game mechanics. But nope, instead lets set this game about nimble assassins in random forests in the american revolutionary war, and now in the greasiest crummiest era that only fat inbred racist metalheads enjoy: the pop history dilution of the viking age.
Oh yeah, if only the setting was something niche and unexplored, something unkempt obese basement dwellers show no interest in. Like samurais and katanas.

This Gandalf is a wise fellow, but did he get permission from McWiggum before using his photo?

I too am autistic, apparently, though I think it is actually an infection passed on from my parents. I don't know who is to blame. I am not severely afflicted though, as I can close a door without screaming and I wipe my own bottom (though in truth I only reached this impressive stage in early adulthood).

Back
Top Bottom