Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Just found out that I can take over siege from neutral army. I saw Sturgia besieging Amitrays. I led my army to the city and got the option to continue siege. I took over the siege camo from Sturgians with already prepared siege equipment and Sturgians left. With this I could easily and fast take the city.

@mexxico Please note, that since the troop changes many lords sit in the cities doing nothing. My guess is, they are all waiting for the recruits to show up, before they would dare to go around to the surrounding villages to collect even more. This may create a bit of a bottleneck for the AI.

@mexxico Please note, that since the troop changes many lords sit in the cities doing nothing. My guess is, they are all waiting for the recruits to show up, before they would dare to go around to the surrounding villages to collect even more. This may create a bit of a bottleneck for the AI.

Armies
  • Parties and armies with a high wounded ratio now prefer resting in settlements more frequently to heal their troops.

Make sure they are not just resting to heal up wounded troops. This is a recent behavior, might not be a bug like you think.

Last edited:

In average 10% of lord parties are staying at settlement at 1.3.0 according to our stats. 6-7 out of 63. This is average value, changes between 0%-20% generally in different times. This number is not much. There is another problem : There are much less successful sieges at 1.3.0, because (1) Siege simulations started to take more time so defenders generally could catch attackers (2) Settlement advantage at sieges are increased (3) Even mobile parties also stronger garrison is much more stronger. So probably less parties go into hostile action (especially less to siege) and mostly they do travelling settlements and other stuff. I made some improvements to increase number of successful sieges a bit (will be included in hotfix, maybe we do not mention because it will be a bit minor increase).

Last edited:
Ok so some time passed and all those kingdoms rising in strength started to drop. The cause of this that I found is starving. All garrisons where build to high number. Cities around 950+ defenders, castles 500+defenders. After reaching this point every city starved out and factions strength started to drop a lot. Southern Empire dropped from 16k to 4k cause of this. Only Vlandia (I'm vassal of it) and Khuzait keeps high strength lvl and have cities with big garrisons without starving problem.

Hi guys. I read about this issue on other forums etc but cant find any solution. I have terrible fps drops and stutter in campaign battles once enemies start to run. I also see graphical artifacts like lines on the snow below the horses. I know its not a pc problem because i can run 1000 people battles in custom battles without a single stutter. Tried all of the fixes online but this seems campaign related. I am asking if this Will be fixed soon as this makes the game unplayable. Newest beta no mods i7 8700k 1080ti 32gb ram thx

Ok so some time passed and all those kingdoms rising in strength started to drop. The cause of this that I found is starving. All garrisons where build to high number. Cities around 950+ defenders, castles 500+defenders. After reaching this point every city starved out and factions strength started to drop a lot. Southern Empire dropped from 16k to 4k cause of this. Only Vlandia (I'm vassal of it) and Khuzait keeps high strength lvl and have cities with big garrisons without starving problem.

In a new game this fluctuation is not happening. I could not understand how garrison numbers fluctuated in your games. Currently average garrison men count for a town should be around 200 and same number of militias (will be 1.5x soon). Average number of men at garrison (200 for now) can change between 0.25x (50) and 2x (400) according to economical situation of owner and new besieged situation of course. If you see any settlement with 600 garrison troops (militias are not included) you can send me your save file. There should be something buggy.

One possibility : Most lords were millioner in your late games because they were not paying much wages (they had weak and less number of troops before 1.3.0 (both in mobile and garrisons)). So they had much money accumulated. When you pass 1.3.0 they increased their garrison sizes much because they are millioner (with new money management systems) this time they go to bankrupt after some time and when they go bankrupt they reduced garrisons and lastly they balanced at some point. This shows our money management system needs to hold a bit less garrisons compared to current ratios even owner has lots of money.

Last edited:
Yep, as I have mentioned on another thread, in my current campaign (fresh 1.3.0 campaign), the most powerful faction strenght is +-4500. Currently at day +400.

With the new patch and new game start all Factions seem to play alot better. its close to 5 in game years now and no one has the better of another.. they seem to be fighting closer to there borders ..

In a new game this fluctuation is not happening. I could not understand how garrison numbers fluctuated in your games. Currently average garrison men count for a town should be around 200 and same number of militias (will be 1.5x soon). Average number of men at garrison (200 for now) can change between 0.25x (50) and 2x (400) according to economical situation of owner and new besieged situation of course. If you see any settlement with 600 garrison troops (militias are not included) you can send me your save file. There should be something buggy.

One possibility : Most lords were millioner in your late games because they were not paying much wages (they had weak and less number of troops before 1.3.0 (both in mobile and garrisons)). So they had much money accumulated. When you pass 1.3.0 they increased their garrison sizes much (with new money management systems) this time they go to bankrupt after some time and when they go bankrupt they reduced garrisons and lastly they balanced at some point. This shows our money management system needs to hold a bit less garrisons compared to current ratios even owner has lots of money.

Seems like no one except Khuzaits is rich enough to fight us xD thanks for the info.

One possibility : Most lords were millioner in your late games because they were not paying much wages (they had weak and less number of troops before 1.3.0 (both in mobile and garrisons)). So they had much money accumulated. When you pass 1.3.0 they increased their garrison sizes much (with new money management systems) this time they go to bankrupt after some time and when they go bankrupt they reduced garrisons and lastly they balanced at some point. This shows our money management system needs to hold a bit less garrisons compared to current ratios even owner has lots of money.
It is possible that any lord entering castle/town leaves some of his troops to other lord's garrison as my companions do increasing garrisons from unexpected way. I already reported this issue

Taking cities and castles should be harder, so game can go on longer and maybe we can actually use the clan system and play as our child one day. For my taste, last to siege and party changes in the beta are much welcome for this to happen.

Hey folks, we just released another hotfix:
  • Live
    • Fixed an issue that caused getting stuck in conversation after a barter.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when there were no opponent anti-imperial kingdoms left during the initialization of the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
  • Beta
    • all fixes mentioned above
    • Fixed a rare crash in asset loading system.
    • At least 25 days of truce time after peace.
    • Making peace cost was increased by 50% (if there is a payment).
    • Breaking into a besieged fortification costs (lost men) were reduced by 25%.
    • Kingdoms which have lots of recent enemies want to make peace more to reduce their number of enemies. Similarly, they do not easily declare new wars when they already have 1-2 wars.
    • Sometimes peace was declared right after a war declaration. This should be much more rare now.
    • If one faction lost its strength in a big battle, several kingdoms were declaring war on that faction within a short period of time. This was improved a bit. War/peace declarations do not only use current strength but also potential strength.
    • The militia number formulas were changed and they were increased by 50%.

Back
Top Bottom