SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

Users who are viewing this thread

I honestly would prefer it if there was a little more structure with the feedback process myself. Although from what I have read they did not really take into consideration feedback during the MP beta, and they actually are listening to players for single player now so... Maybe it's better this way :smile: .

I agree it would be nice to have guidelines on what they wanted as feedback, there would (I would think) be less pointless posts in the feedback section. Not that I think that would last long unless like what Kentucky James VII said about picking and choosing testers.

Devs are free to ignore suggestions, complaints, etc but sometimes that actually do use players ideas.

That they should on all points, I mean especially since it was stated in TW's EA opening paragraph that they wanted the community's help:

Steam Store Page, EA Description

...it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect.

I don't know how much of that they're actually doing, but I suppose we'll see further down the line in future updates.

Last edited:
If the developers only wanted bug reports then they should have specified. They didn't. I don't see why you would blame the people making the suggestion posts when nobody told them not to do that.
Dude it isn't worth the effort the guy posts in the feedback and suggestions section of the forum telling people to stop making suggestions.
Then gets butt hurt when this gets pointed out and just waffles nonsense in an endless loop because he obviously believes the Devs can't manage themselves.
Made me think of this lol

I think you're asking too much from the community. So many people are suggesting features because right now... the game doesn't have any. It feels like EA Bannerlord has less features than vanilla Warband - a game that came out 10 years ago - and is, quite frankly, less enjoyable than just about any (functional) mod of Warband.

Yes it's in EA but one would've thought that there would be more in there by now, and one would have thought that what is in there would've been better implemented / balanced than the current state.

So yeah, new features shouldn't be the biggest priority, but the lack of things to do is so glaring that people aren't going to stop suggesting things.

like OP has already said, it’s early access. Taleworlds have said that the full release campaign will be much deeper.

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.

I agree, the game has many features yet to be added, and even the ones that are currently in the game need polishing.
I’d argue that Taleworlds have been ambitious with Bannerlord, perhaps even too ambitious with regards to some features.

Last edited:
like OP has already said, it’s early access. Taleworlds have said that the full release campaign will be much

This kind of statement is why I say that Early Access is just a marketing term. All it amounts to is the developers admitting that the game is not good right now. They aren't legally bound to add any of the features that people keep insisting will be in the game after a year. Nobody is holding them accountable.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be hopeful, but honestly you should just view this as the official release. Millions of people have bought the game, and I have a really hard time believing they will get even of a fraction of those sales in the """"Official""" release after this. The only difference is that the developers call it early access to manage your expectations and deflect criticism, and it worked wonders because everyone is saying "it's early access" in response to any criticism about the game (I even see this on facebook and youtube). The term itself is completely meaningless but it has enormous social impact.

This kind of statement is why I say that Early Access is just a marketing term. All it amounts to is the developers admitting that the game is not good right now. They aren't legally bound to add any of the features that people keep insisting will be in the game after a year. Nobody is holding them accountable.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be hopeful, but honestly you should just view this as the official release. Millions of people have bought the game, and I have a really hard time believing they will get even of a fraction of those sales in the """"Official""" release after this. The only difference is that the developers call it early access to manage your expectations and deflect criticism, and it worked wonders because everyone is saying "it's early access" in response to any criticism about the game (I even see this on facebook and youtube). The term itself is completely meaningless but it has enormous social impact.

I personally see Early Access like a Kickstarter project. You put money in a game, hoping that it will shape into something good. Most of the time the end result sucks, but sometimes it turns into something that you enjoy playing (which of course is highly subjective, for me two examples of games that started out rough but were enjoyable later during development are 7 days to die and Ark).

It is definitely true that they have no legal obligations, but they do have their reputation on the line. Of course they might not care about it and run away with the money, but given how much they seem to be working on things these days that's not the impression I am getting from TW. My one real complain right now is that the price should have been about half of what we paid, but then I spent 10 dollars on Warband and had a stupid amount of hours of enjoyment out of it so... I am not too peeved about it.

That would be true if Taleworlds were trying to deflect criticism and pretend that things will get better. But I don’t see any indication of that. They are patching things quickly and have said they are still developing the game until full release. I can’t imagine they’re lying, otherwise the backlash would be huge.

Well like ive said before in another post. They sure have entertained the **** out of me for almost 500 hours now so even for an EA it still got something right. But thats just something i feel and to me its already money worth spent when comparing to most today's standards of AAA games which usually are quantity crap. If it was crap it wouldnt lasted me for 1 hour and i usually dont like sequels because they become to much mainstream oriented during their fame and gets away from the thing that made it a good game in the first place

But i can agree with Op. Even if i really like new ideas and good arguments which is healthy to get out there.... But there´s also to many diversities out there with grand schemes of things wanting to transform it to a whole different level of a game which is nice and all and would be cool but "not realistic" if you dont want to end up like Star Citizen that is with endless projects because we want the core of the game to be done in time.

Also there is a lot of miss information circling around but its usually just lack of experience, knowledge along with frustrations combined which is nothing new.... However when its in early access like this theres a lot of wills that can be distracting, also trolls.... and devs have to go back and forth just to fix things for the liking of the people which is very time consuming.and i hope they have the strength and visions of what em selves want to present as an experience of a game that will be in peoples hearts and minds until the end of their times. I mean i dont think ex Dark souls like asked the forums for permission. Not like i want this to be that type of experience ^^ but still its something to keep in mind, and that vision became a great game who got its respect for keeping on course on its true self. However that game fell a bit short during its sequels but this one in my opinion (buggs, missing content and tweaks aside) made it better

Last edited:
I personally see Early Access like a Kickstarter project. You put money in a game, hoping that it will shape into something good. Most of the time the end result sucks, but sometimes it turns into something that you enjoy playing (which of course is highly subjective, for me two examples of games that started out rough but were enjoyable later during development are 7 days to die and Ark).

How is that any different from the way most games release now? Games are usually pretty bad on release and then get patched over the next few months, sometimes adding gamechanging features months after the game is released and the majority of sales have been made. What difference is there between a "real" release and early access besides just PR rhetoric?

That would be true if Taleworlds were trying to deflect criticism and pretend that things will get better. But I don’t see any indication of that. They are patching things quickly and have said they are still developing the game until full release. I can’t imagine they’re lying, otherwise the backlash would be huge.

The backlash has already been huge. The beta was a shambles with serious issues going unaddressed after 9 months.

The announcement right before the EA almost seems to acknowledge that people will expect the game to be bad. I don't think there were malicious intentions here but this was definitely an attempt to deflect criticism, which is the whole reason PR exists in the first place.

Early Access as a concept is one of the biggest ripoffs in gaming, rivalled only by microtransactions. It's super effective though, because it gets you an instant army of defenders smugly going "it's early access!" whenever any criticism is made. All the while they all imagine that whenever the mythical "real release" happens, all the issues will have been sorted and a cornucopia of wonderful features will have been added. Usually, the reality falls far short of that.

How is that any different from the way most games release now? Games are usually pretty bad on release and then get patched over the next few months, sometimes adding gamechanging features months after the game is released and the majority of sales have been made. What difference is there between a "real" release and early access besides just PR rhetoric?

I can't think of one game that was released in full release that was unfinished. I don't mean bugged or crappy, mind you, but unfinished as in there were features missing that were going to be added later according to official statements from a developer. Also game changing features are usually added for free only by small indie teams, larger game companies will release DLCs instead. What games did you have in mind when you wrote that?

To be honest though, I am not sure that there even is a point in debating what Early Access is or isn't, at the end of the day you are right when you say that it's just a label with no significant legal meaning (it's not like buying a game in general comes with a binding contract anyway, if you don't like you are not even entitled to return it, barring store policies which are entirely up the platform you bought the game from). Bannerlord was released in the state that it is in, and there is no doubt that it is in much worse shape than anyone was expecting. They are working on fixing it, and so far for what concerns single player I am seeing good signs of changes happening in the right direction.

I understand that the multiplayer beta was a disaster, but as for right now that doesn't seem to be the case for single player (judging from some of the most recent Callum's posts they are also trying to address multiplayer, but I know better than to get myself into that discussion :smile: ). I don't think TW is in it just for the money, or they would have just released the game in full release with some nominal bug fixes and called it a day.

Early Access as a concept is one of the biggest ripoffs in gaming, rivalled only by microtransactions. It's super effective though, because it gets you an instant army of defenders smugly going "it's early access!" whenever any criticism is made. All the while they all imagine that whenever the mythical "real release" happens, all the issues will have been sorted and a cornucopia of wonderful features will have been added. Usually, the reality falls far short of that.

Sometimes it doesn't though! And you know, there is a simple solution to that, just don't but any Early Access title. For example, I don't ever pre order a game because I don't believe in paying for something that hasn't come out yet.

its a give or take....Theres many ea games out there that was and turned out good to. But yeah there is def a pattern of people with faul play and bad intentions in the gaming industry since theres a lot of money in it now. And the real EA is the biggest ******* of em all without having early access so there that to. However keep in mind this company made an very long development to get it right even scrapped it and made their own platform. They could have released it one year later but gave it out anyways so people could see and get some things out of from their work. + long time development cost money. People could have waited one more year but didnt and thats their choice. Theres plenty of vids out there to show what this games about so people complaining about that is just stupid even if i can understand that early access has become a poisons thing for the gaming industry it also has its good sides. And saying that this game isnt worth it or have a faul module practice to me is just pure ignorance but also ofcource an matter of taste in games

Last edited:
Sometimes it doesn't though!

True. But believing in the myth of the perfect Early Access game's progression seems hopelessly naive, honestly. At least when "it's EA" is used to dismiss criticism. The game is released and they are charging money for it.

And you know, there is a simple solution to that, just don't but any Early Access title.

Sure, and for the most part I don't. But me buying it or not makes not a jot of difference as long as people keep "falling for it" (that's obviously my perspective). So I do feel that there's a point to talking about it.

True. But believing in the myth of the perfect Early Access game's progression seems hopelessly naive, honestly. At least when "it's EA" is used to dismiss criticism. The game is released and they are charging money for it.

Sure, and for the most part I don't. But me buying it or not makes not a jot of difference as long as people keep "falling for it" (that's obviously my perspective). So I do feel that there's a point to talking about it.

Yeah but believing in a myth of a perfect game is also something ive never had. But i can spot a good game when i see it now after all these years of gaming since the 80s. Its like you can easier see quality over quantity better now. But sure sometimes ive invested in crap to but hey that is life (ive spent a lot of money on bad nights out to and the funny part is that one of those nights cost heck more money then one game xD when comming in to perspective). I remember so many games i bought in the past that even was finished and that was just some type of empty shell. These days you got so much info on your hand that you can easily make a decision (if you now can filter out the payed or gold digger youtubers that is). But it happens even then that you got something in your mind that didnt turn out as you expected

Last edited:
Yeah but believing in a myth of a perfect game is also something ive never had. But i can spot a good game when i see it now after all these years of gaming since the 80s. Its like you can easier see quality over quantity better now. But sure sometimes ive invested in crap to but hey that is life. Remember so many games i bought in the past that even was finished and that was just some type of empty shell. These days you got so much info on your hand that you can easily make a decision (if you now can filter out the payed and gold digger youtubers that is). But it happens even then that you got something in your mind that didnt turn out as you expected

Couldn't have said it better myself. Except that I was born in the 80s so I suppose I am less experienced!

Don't get me wrong, I agree that there's a lot of misuse of EA. But I also think that without EA a lot of indie game developers might not have been able to deliver good games. And yes, using "it's EA" as a blanket statement to dismiss any kind of criticism is dumb. As often is the case, one must strike a balance.

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.

I don't know if you saw SP Top Feedback & Suggestions sticky? This means they are fine with us posting suggestions.
About what "Early Access" means? It usually means developer studio have financial issues, so they release game earlier ti fix founding problems. :smile:

its like saying to a child. son your dinner isnt cooked yet but then the child wants it anyways because its hungry. But then the child asks why is the dinner cold and hard and dont taste as it should ? Didnt ment to be painted as patronizing but just made an example out of how it can work at times Even if that child did payed his mom to be a cook which he could get fired but since he dont own the resturant he couldnt even then base on those facts without being a prick. However this game is awesome all ready so less talking and more raiding
mJyR7J8.png

Last edited:
Agree with the 'Early Access gives Carte blanche to excuses'. I dont have a problem with bugs or a few features here and there that werent finished (in a large sandbox especially) but this kinda goes beyond the pale - literally having NPC's dialogue "This is just a generic text" -ive been PC gaming since the 1980's and NEVER seen this level of unfinished. The game has alot of merit and really do enjoy the new engine but whats their incentive to really push out quality updates and HIRE more staff since they've already snowballed in their profits

its like saying to a child. son your dinner isnt cooked yet but then the child wants it anyways because its hungry. But then the child asks why is the dinner cold and hard and dont taste as it should ? Didnt ment to be painted as patronizing but just made an example out of how it can work at times even if that child did payed his mom to be a cook which he could get fired but since he dont own the resturant he couldnt even then base on those facts without being a prick. However this game is awesome all ready so less talking and more raiding
mJyR7J8.png
Vlandians.... we ride

Dam it now i want plate armor even more lol

Back
Top Bottom