SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

Users who are viewing this thread

And how do you know that? They could see or may have already seen a new feature suggested on the forum and have begun development on their interpretation of it. We just don't know. Stop trying to silence creative minds because you feel you know what is best for the developers. It's asinine.
I said that wrong. They won't add them anytime soon is what i mean. And so it's better to suggest what they will add RIGHT NOW namely bug fixes and balance changes. I'm not silencing creative minds. What the hell are you trying to make me look like, a villain? I simply encouraging a shift in priorities from the community to better match what the game need right now. And saying that you need to make sure you have works before adding more stuff is not by any means a *ME* thing

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.
I have to admit you are right... the game is too much unstable and badly optimized... for some week they only should focus 100% on fix as many bugs as they can and optimize the performance.

Agreed entirely. Still, how do unrelated community suggestions limit the ability of developers to focus on improving the existing mechanics?
I'm not saying it clogs up the brains of the devs like they can't handle sorting stuff out. I'm saying that more people in the community should focus on balance changes and bug fixes rather then new features. So that the devs will receive more suggestions to what is needed right now, speeding things up. The devs can handle the sorting and picking of priorities. But the community needs to learn what is best for the game at the moment.

They won't add them anytime soon is what i mean. And so it's better to suggest what they will add RIGHT NOW namely bug fixes and balance changes. I'm not silencing creative minds. What the hell are you trying to make me look like, a villain? I simply encouraging a shift in priorities from the community to better match what the game need right now.

That is where the issue lies. Some people are innovators, some are creators. Not everyone has a mind for the intricacies of balancing or bug fixes and are instead better suited for the generation of novel ideas. Are those people supposed to up and leave the suggestion forums or stay silent while the innovators are at work? You cannot expect that of people.

Last edited:
That is where the issue lies. Some people are innovators, some are creators. Not everyone has a mind for the intricacies of balancing or bug fixes and are instead better suited for the generation of novel ideas. Are those people supposed to up and leave the forums or stay silent while the innovators are at work? That is horribly cruel. You cannot expect that of people.
Ah ok, so you are just trying to make me look like an *******. Well i'm done with you.

Have a Good Day.

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.
You are telling people to stop making suggestions right there in the OP

Maybe. But i see you are saying stuff which i am not doing to make me look idiotic. You can piss off, your words mean nothing to me.
As i said utterly pointless thread i dont make any claims as to what you are doing i have no need you have done that pretty well yourself.
You seem to think the devs can't think for themselves again this is plain as day from your own words none of my own needed.
My words mean nothing to you lmfao I made a truthfull statement about the thread nothing more nothing less.
Get a grip of yourself you say my words mean nothing yet tell me to piss off that comes from anger and people are usually hurt most by the truth.
I think the problem here is

As i said utterly pointless thread i dont make any claims as to what you are doing i have no need you have done that pretty well yourself.
You seem to think the devs can't think for themselves again this is plain as day from your own words none of my own needed.
My words mean nothing to you lmfao I made a truthfull statement about the thread nothing more nothing less.
Get a grip of yourself you say my words mean nothing yet tell me to piss off that comes from anger and people are usually hurt most by the truth.

It's a mistake to respond to you but, how about you try reading what i said in response to other people. You will get a better understanding of what i mean.

There is no point in arguing with him. He thinks he is in the right in telling people what should and should not be posted in the suggestions sub-forum. I don't even think he realizes that there is already a completely separate sub-forum for bugs and the like. I use it quite frequently and use this sub-forum for my suggestions, whether improvements or novel ideas or otherwise, as that is what this sub-forum is for.

Last edited:
It's a mistake to respond to you but, how about you try reading what i said in response to other people. You will get a better understanding of what i mean.
How about not posting irrelevant nonsense in the first place or at least updating your OP so that people dont have to read through the entire thread to see where you change your tune.
As for game development you do realise that taleworlds have different people working on different parts of the game some will work on things like balancing others bug fixing while others are working on features etc.
Seriously who do you think you are to tell people to stop making suggestions ???? and there is absolutely no reason for people to stop.
There are plenty of threads about both bugs and features and as i already stated Taleworlds are perfectly capable of sorting through what they want themselves.
Which leads back to this thread being utterly pointless drivel the only reason i am bothering to post is boredom.
Cause you know we do have a global pandemic going on with most of us under lockdown.
Oh and you also fail to realise that the increased number of people sat at home bored obviously creates a spike on forums like this.
If you only want to post about bugs and the like then do so that is YOUR choice.

This sub-forum is specifically for feedback and suggestions, they do have a forum for bug fixes. It’s clear bug fixes and balancing is what is most important to you but please understand not everyone shares that opinion. I’ve certainly ran into some bugs, some that have even ruined a whole play through for me but bugs aren’t the main thing that is preventing me from enjoying the game. The main thing that is preventing me from enjoying the game is a lack of substance and features. The game right now feels like an endless cycle of “recruit, battle/siege, conquer, repeat” without anything else to do. For me, that got pretty boring after a short period of time. Therefore the most important thing to me is new features... this doesn’t mean I am going to tell you to stop posting about bug and balance issues just because it isn’t a priority to me.

There is no point in arguing with him. He thinks he is in the right in telling people what should and should not be posted in the suggestions sub-forum. I don't even think he realizes that there is already a completely separate sub-forum for bugs and the like. I use it quite frequently and use this sub-forum for my suggestions, whether improvements or novel ideas or otherwise, as that is what this sub-forum is for.
Yeah i know but so bored lol

This sub-forum is specifically for feedback and suggestions, they do have a forum for bug fixes. It’s clear bug fixes and balancing is what is most important to you but please understand not everyone shares that opinion. I’ve certainly ran into some bugs, some that have even ruined a whole play through for me but bugs aren’t the main thing that is preventing me from enjoying the game. The main thing that is preventing me from enjoying the game is a lack of substance and features. The game right now feels like an endless cycle of “recruit, battle/siege, conquer, repeat” without anything else to do. For me, that got pretty boring after a short period of time. Therefore the most important thing to me is new features... this doesn’t mean I am going to tell you to stop posting about bug and balance issues just because it isn’t a priority to me.
Not just bug fixes but balancing. I know the game can get boring right now but it's going to take time. And adding features before fixing what we have now is not safe. And Lord Ferdinand brought up something important and thats optimization. If they add more and more features without optimizing the game, then people whom don't have the best computers just won't be able to play. In order for you to add more features you NEED to make sure that the game runs well for most people. I'm not by any means saying don't add features. I am saying that we need to prepare the game for new features. And besides, it's still in early access so don't expect a full game. Just because it's boring now don't mean that it won't get improved, but we need to go slow. These crazies who responded to me (not you) are exaggerating what i said and even making stuff up, and making me look like a villain. I am simply encouraging a shift in priorities AT THE MOMENT. I am not by any means attempting to silence people. Just keep in mind they can't release the full game with all of these bugs and unbalanced troops and such.

No not at all. Early access means they are allowing people to play it to get feedback to finish off the game. They need feedback to make sure that people like the game before it is considered complete.

If they wanted that, they would do a limited release for people they have a contract of some kind with, not a full, unrestricted steam release for millions of people. Most of the potential players have already bought the game at this point.

They had tons of great feedback during the MP beta from a small handful of people who were only there to test the game, and they were extremely rigorous. I haven't seen any of that in the newer threads: with all due respect for the posters, they're playing the game and not testing it. For every bug thread there is a wishlist thread and a "this game is great/awful!" thread. Conversely during the MP beta we were given specific instructions on how to provide feedback and everything was demarcated rather than shoved into a big list of reports.

Taleworlds' treatment of feedback has been the same as if it were a "normal" release.

I'm saying that more people in the community should focus on balance changes and bug fixes rather then new features. So that the devs will receive more suggestions to what is needed right now, speeding things up. The devs can handle the sorting and picking of priorities. But the community needs to learn what is best for the game at the moment.

While you aren't wrong, and balancing the game is a bigger factor than adding options to marry your horse... my view on the matter is that people suggesting actually sound balance changes and people with creative mechanical suggestions are vastly different groups with little overlap. Not everyone is good at the numbers game which is balancing (hence the "unique Raganvad AI" sect), and those who are probably won't be adding much besides reiterating countless times that broken thing #35 is broken apparently.

Both balance discussions and the suggestions section look vivid enough not to worry about one engulfing another. It's not like we're being welded to one specific subforum upon entering it for the first time

Maybe. But i see you are saying stuff which i am not doing to make me look idiotic. You can piss off, your words mean nothing to me.
point is that this thread is idiotic. not that YOU are an idiot, just that you've done something stupid by creating this thread. If they didn't want suggestions, they would not have created Sub-Forums for, guess: "Suggestions"... Just quit it, you are running around in circles pointlessly. As I've said, you could always suggest that they don't listen to suggestions, isn't that great? Good thing that you can suggest it, no?

point is that this thread is idiotic. not that YOU are an idiot, just that you've done something stupid by creating this thread. If they didn't want suggestions, they would not have created Sub-Forums for, guess: "Suggestions"... Just quit it, you are running around in circles pointlessly. As I've said, you could always suggest that they don't listen to suggestions, isn't that great? Good thing that you can suggest it, no?
Hey, man. All i'm doing to trying to get people to shift priorities for whats best for the game at the moment. And responding to everyone who is worth responding to. I'm not silencing people i'm not "running around in circles pointlessly" i'm just suggesting stuff to the community. And why would i suggest to the devs how to do their work? I'm not talking about the devs and how they handle stuff i'm talking about people who suggest things to them. The devs know what they are doing, but i feel that many people in the community don't. You don't have to listen to me, i'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

Hey, man. All i'm doing to trying to get people to shift priorities for whats best for the game at the moment.

How exactly do you know what's best? Are you an employee of TW? Are you helping them fix the bugs? How do you know if they're even looking at these forums atm?

And responding to everyone who is worth responding to. I'm not silencing people i'm not "running around in circles pointlessly" i'm just suggesting stuff to the community.

Apparently everyone is worth responding to because you have responded to everyone. But you are suggesting that we stop suggesting. Does that even make sense? Does this thread even belong in this subforum?

The devs know what they are doing, but i feel that many people in the community don't.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they do know what they're doing. But do you? Because apparently it's ok for you to put suggestions in the forum meant for feedback, but not the rest of us because we "don't know what we're doing"?

We "the community" are not looking for your feedback on our feedback unless it actually has something to do with a suggestion we've made. I know you're probably just going to tell me to piss off, but hey, this isn't actually a constructive post. I'm sure if the devs don't want anymore suggestions, they will let us know. Until that point, the community will keep suggesting fixes and additions to the game and hope they get a chance to either implement the fixes/additions or not. It's up to them. Not you.

Have a wonderful day.

If they wanted that, they would do a limited release for people they have a contract of some kind with, not a full, unrestricted steam release for millions of people. Most of the potential players have already bought the game at this point.

They had tons of great feedback during the MP beta from a small handful of people who were only there to test the game, and they were extremely rigorous. I haven't seen any of that in the newer threads: with all due respect for the posters, they're playing the game and not testing it. For every bug thread there is a wishlist thread and a "this game is great/awful!" thread. Conversely during the MP beta we were given specific instructions on how to provide feedback and everything was demarcated rather than shoved into a big list of reports.

Taleworlds' treatment of feedback has been the same as if it were a "normal" release.

I honestly would prefer it if there was a little more structure with the feedback process myself. Although from what I have read they did not really take into consideration feedback during the MP beta, and they actually are listening to players for single player now so... Maybe it's better this way :smile: .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom