New faces (1.3.0-hotfix3?)

Users who are viewing this thread

As funky as they are, I love them. Great job.
They have character, they're memorable, they're ethnically distinct. Exactly what we need.

Particularly good ones: Apys, Crotor, Muinser, Luichan, Mimir, Adram, Manteos, Joron, Luichan, Lucon, Hecard, Debana, Asela, Phaea.
Even the ridiculous ones (see Vipon, Sanion, Rozhivol, Achaku) are good additions, i think.

But please just delete this Battania and start over from 1.0.

Screenshots of some notable ones:

Last edited:
Yes, and the result is wonderful. Step by step they are going to achieve to carry the possibilities that the editor allows to much more realistic terrains. Not all the faces have been retouched yet, but the strong point in my opinion is the thoroughness with which the eyes have been modified (much more expressive without that "meme" look).

That's the key; in this respect, very good work by Taleworlds.

You can't be serious, right? This is all a big sarcasm. isn't it? Of the presented above screenshots I would call maybe 1 or 2 faces which look good. Others look terrible, like they've been ripped off from Tropico pictures. I don't remember Bannerlord to be called some cheap cartoonish caricature early medieval parody.

I'm not being sarcastic this time. I really think so...
I think there's been a significant improvement over time; we used to have this rather recently:
8fe4jwtdgwp41.png

That kind of caricatured realism, it's not bad in my eyes at all. Personally, if I had to point in the direction of what I would "like to see" it would be something halfway between the faces offered by CiV VI and those offered by KCD.

724431.jpg
CivilizationVI_Rome_Trajan_hero.jpg
CivilizationVI_Greece_Gorgo_hero_6jfD89j-e1476328724740.jpg
ivan-cherevko-l-9-hair-1.jpg
ivan-cherevko-l-9-hair-6.jpg
ivan-cherevko-l-9-hair-5.jpg
CiV VI​
KCD​

I think there's been a significant improvement over time; we used to have this rather recently:
8fe4jwtdgwp41.png

That kind of caricatured realism, it's not bad in my eyes at all. Personally, if I had to point in the direction of what I would "like to see" it would be something halfway between the faces offered by CiV VI and those offered by KCD.

724431.jpg
CiV VI​
KCD​

But some of the faces in OP are clearly too cartoonish. Take Vipon for example.

Other look amazing. Adram, Garios and Lucon look great. Not cartoonish at all.

Some of these look absolutely terrible, terrifying even.
I also do not understand the decision to first overhaul several lords to fit their factional ethnic makeup, and then later on make some of the Empire's lords black anyway.

When you compare before and after, the new faces look REALLY bad compared to the 1.1 / 1.2 faces which were a big improvement to the 1.0 faces.

As funky as they are, I love them. Great job.
They have character, they're memorable, they're ethnically distinct. Exactly what we need.

Particularly good ones: Apys, Crotor, Muinser, Luichan, Mimir, Adram, Manteos, Joron, Luichan, Lucon, Hecard, Debana, Asela, Phaea.
Even the ridiculous ones (see Vipon, Sanion, Rozhivol, Achaku) are good additions, i think.

But please just delete this Battania and start over from 1.0.

Screenshots of some notable ones:

Nah, the new faces are awful, fullstop. Did you even see what happened to some of the women? They looked like Children. Also they screwed over Eutropius, who should not be a sub-saharan african. I had come to like his blond surfer hair.

I only like Garios, Lucon, Joron, Asela and Adram. I can see how a handful of the others *can* be realistic (like Crotor) but they're ugly as hell. Some people being ugly is reality tho so I don't mind. However the majority of the new faces look inbred and very unproportional, almost cartoonlike

Last edited:
8fe4jwtdgwp41.png

724431.jpg
CiV VI​
KCD​

It fits more to the art style of the game imo also, since it has a slight caricature/cartoon aspect overall. It helps it stand out and look much better graphically than a flat photorealistic style with the same tech. Reminds of Dishonored's style.

Back
Top Bottom