Recruiting T5+ prisoners not available

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks,

Am I the only one who realised, that game is not offering recruiting prisoners Tier 5 and above? I'm hoping devs will add that option as I'm running with over 90 T6 as a prisoners all over the place (plus over 600 T5+ packed in dungeons)... Selling them is pointless as I have over 10k daily income but there is never enough high tier units to support might crusade :smile:

Indeed you can't recruit t5 and above prisoners. And my ques is that it's for the balancing, so not going to get changed. Mods might help you there however as I expect it to be easy thing to mod.

There was a point where T5 and T6 would never convert, but in the latest builds it is possible as I have experienced it - the chance is just very low.

Note my conversions happened from party prisoners. I don't know if garrison dungeon treats it differently.

There was a point where T5 and T6 would never convert, but in the latest builds it is possible as I have experienced it - the chance is just very low.

Note my conversions happened from party prisoners. I don't know if garrison dungeon treats it differently.

Which latest builds do you mean? I did not see anything in the patch notes of the 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 beta. And in 1.1.2 they still could not convert.

I run latest beta so I'm 1.3 now. I'm not sure whether I saw my first T5+ conversion on 1.2 or 1.3, but if I had to guess I'd say it was 1.2.

I was running around with 20-30 prisoners, almost all of which were T5 or T6, all unique troops with no duplicates. A modder stated that the conversion code makes a check once per stack per day regardless of how many are in the stack, so your chance of seeing a conversion is higher if you have more variety in your prisoners. With that load I was seeing a T5+ conversion on average every second day.

I run latest beta so I'm 1.3 now. I'm not sure whether I saw my first T5+ conversion on 1.2 or 1.3, but if I had to guess I'd say it was 1.2.

I was running around with 20-30 prisoners, almost all of which were T5 or T6, all unique troops with no duplicates. A modder stated that the conversion code makes a check once per stack per day regardless of how many are in the stack, so your chance of seeing a conversion is higher if you have more variety in your prisoners. With that load I was seeing a T5+ conversion on average every second day.

Interesting. I have to check it. Thanks.

Well this is embarrassing.

I just realised that I was totally wrong about T5+ prisoners being recruitable in 1.2 onwards. It would appear they still aren't (if you don't have the above mod).

Please accept my apologies. When I see the T4 symbol, I tend to instinctively read it to mean T5 and that was the cause of my error. If I had been able to post the screenshot my mistake would have been visible to everyone at that time instead of sitting here like a bad smell for a couple of days :sad:.

To confirm, I dug up a save where I had mountains of high level prisoners of different types and let it sit there waiting in town for a year converting them. Everything from T4 down had converted by then, and not a single T5+ had. So yeah, oops, sorry :smile:

Well this is embarrassing.

I just realised that I was totally wrong about T5+ prisoners being recruitable in 1.2 onwards. It would appear they still aren't (if you don't have the above mod).

Please accept my apologies.

Apologies accepted. Good that you came to let us know, I have already started to hoard T5s prisoners :smile:

It kinda sounds right to me anyway, such high elite people shouldnt convert unless they are of your same culture maybe

From a realistic perspective, most people have a price, if they aren't willing to fight for you, your price just isn't high enough. Maybe I can see noble guards (not a thing in the game, just made it up, unless you wanna refer to noble units) being really really loyal and won't join you if captured, but even the more well trained soldiers would join you for a price. Afterall, if you think about it, they are just fighting to get paid. It's not like the game actually have a culture morale system like Warband did, where you would lose morale for having troops of a faction that you are at war with. So they could add a cost to recruiting prisoners, and make it more expensive to recruit T5 and T6, but I honestly don't see why you can't recruit T5 and T6, from a logical perspective. They are just human and soldiers, trying to make a living, like most other people out there, they just happen to be better trained, maybe with some bigger ego/pride compared to other lower tiers.

Indeed you can't recruit t5 and above prisoners. And my ques is that it's for the balancing, so not going to get changed. Mods might help you there however as I expect it to be easy thing to mod.

Recruitable mod author has shown code snippet saying T5 and T6 prisoner recruitment is a bug from the conformity code block, and not an intentional feature (at least that's what he thought from the code not having a big enough parameter or something). Until TW says something about this being intentional, I'm going to go with it being a bug from the code, as we've seen one too many of those in the game at the moment.

I was using Tyni's bannerlord fix mod, which also addresses the T5 and T6 prisoner recruitment issue. I like it better than the recruitable mod, since Tyni's mod actually allow you to roll again on the same stack with a reduced probability, along with the mod having some other QOL improvements etc. Since i've seen a lot of people asking to have the game allow the conformity roll apply to multiple prisoners within a unit stack at once.

Back
Top Bottom