A development road map would make a big difference in the MBII:BL community

Users who are viewing this thread

StewVader

Is the game 20% developed? Is it 80% developed? What current mechanics are place holders? What features are staying? What features are working as intended? The answer to all of these questions is: we don't know. We don't know anything about the game's development status.

However, I guess if they came out and said the game is 80% developed and only needs a few more features with some balancing and bug fixes, the vast majority of players and people invested in this title would be very disappointed.

I really hope they consider releasing a development road map for the community.

Agreed. I think devs have something like that themselves, but if they can compile it in a player-friendly format everyone would benefit.

Is the game 20% developed? Is it 80% developed? What current mechanics are place holders? What features are staying? What features are working as intended? The answer to all of these questions is: we don't know. We don't know anything about the game's development status.

However, I guess if they came out and said the game is 80% developed and only needs a few more features with some balancing and bug fixes, the vast majority of players and people invested in this title would be very disappointed.

I really hope they consider releasing a development road map for the community.
I think it's pretty safe to assume they don't share it because of the pressure it would indirectly create. Imagine losing the ability to just give up on adding something without the players even knowing they ever planned to add it in the first place.

Same. Devs should be focused on developing, not generating blogs for needy customers.

I think that it would make it easier for us to provide feedback myself. E.g., no point in trying to build your own kingdom if they are going to overhaul that completely in the near future (I am talking strictly for what concerns reporting bugs and such).

Actually I would like to see what is next, but in gaming companies there are too many changes, additions, cuts in development stage, so when they say we gonna develop this and cut it later, it is going to create a disappointment in the fanbase. However, I would like to see what is maybe monthly or 3-6month schedule or expectation for them? As we may see, current point of development stage is fixing and balancing current features. People whinning about balancing, but there are people responsible for code fix and other people for gameplay, so when we see current active features like sieges, battles, combat, small-size economy and earlygame-play work well, I feel like they will move on to add additional features, maybe internally tested, cut for EA, or maybe even new designs. Summary, I would like to hear a simplyfied version of what we may expect in the feature.

Agree.

There's plenty of reasons at least to make a roadmap.
Sometimes studios do such things even when they've already released a game, so that gamers knew what's new coming. And during EA, especially with such a big mod community it's a must have.

Agree.

There's plenty of reasons at least to make a roadmap.
Sometimes studios do such things even when they've already released a game, so that gamers knew what's new coming. And during EA, especially with such a big mod community it's a must have.
Ohh you can be absolutely sure they have a roadmap, but there is WAY more things speaking against, than for making it public, since it is virtually impossible to 100% follow a roadmap, but any games communities at large don't understand, and as such what end up happening when they share their roadmap, is that ppl start *****ing and flaming the devs, for not sticking 100% to their roadmap.

Ohh you can be absolutely sure they have a roadmap, but there is WAY more things speaking against, than for making it public, since it is virtually impossible to 100% follow a roadmap, but any games communities at large don't understand, and as such what end up happening when they share their roadmap, is that ppl start *****ing and flaming the devs, for not sticking 100% to their roadmap.

Eh, it's already happening without a roadmap, I don't know that it would make much of a difference in that regard. I think that people will be people no matter what, not a whole lot that can be done about it.

Yup, Im happy with the progress and such but for a dev team who was so amazing with progress reports before EA, Its been surprising we havn't heard much about whats on the horizon. I hope that once single player is in a fully working state in terms of performance and balance, that wel see blog about upcoming features and plans. Honestly a solid answer on when mod tools are planned for would be enough for me.

thats why most game in ea that have a roadmap make the roadmap as broad as possible, sometimes just giving a title of their patch like "diplomacy" or "warfare" so people knew what broad topic the update will be about. does it change much for the individual? no, not really. But still, it's nice to know what part of the game will be looked at closely in the future by the devs. Something like Summer 2020: Fief management winter 2020 diplomacy etc i'd appreciate greatly

Back
Top Bottom